Good, reliable UK broker with ISAs for US Stocks+ETFs

bikhod

Hi

I wonder if someone can please point me a broker that satisifes the following requirements:

- ISA accounts
- Online trading for UK + US Stocks + ETFs
- Order Types: Limit and Stop (at a minimum)
- Reasonable commission (e.g. comparable to SelfTrade - £12.50)
- Does not charge extra for US based stuff

Sadly Interactive Brokers (my current broker) does not offer ISAs which is why I am looking for alternatives.

SelfTrade is no good for US stuff because I have to phone and I can't place limit orders for US stocks.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Bikhod have you checked TDwaterhouse?

I tried them a few years ago and to my horror found out after my first US trade that they charge a hefty currency commission on top of their normal commission . The currency commission was charged on both the buy and sell!

Hi there
Try OptionsXpress (Amsterdam office) -- Options comission 14.95 USD, Shares commission 9.95 USD

They offer I think all you are asking for although not sure about ISA's -- I don't think these are value for money in any case for serious traders but each to their own of course. They certainly offer the rest and trading in the UK on the US Market is not so easy to get an options account opened. E*TRADE will only let US residents trade the US markets. OptionsXpress is fine.

Here's the EU site

http://www.optionsxpress.eu/?cmpid=gseu21151108e&ef_id=R6NN54DQHzMAAIgY:20110602122344:s

You can also trade US WEEKLY OPTIONS (CBOE)

No sign up fee etc --- non US resident needs to fill in Federal Witholding Tax exemption --- you get form when you sign up.

No UK stamp duty / transfer (although I only trade US Options currently)

You can have your account in EUR, GBP or USD so choose and avoid currency commissions -- I pay in USD via Wire transfer so no currency commissions for the trades.

After a few trades you get access to online real time streaming data too.

Cheers
jimbo

Last edited: