Qualifications

newbietofinance

1 0
Hi everyone, I am a second year student doing pure economics in London and is very keen to get a job in the banking/finance sector after I graduate.

I am targeting at the middle/back office probably operations and analyst kind of jobs. (and consulting is in my consideration too)

Would taking the IMC help? I have thought of doing CFA Level 1 but I don't meet the entry requirements.

Apart from exams, would learning certain computer programs help? Cause I got an interview from a bank a month ago and the securities manager asked if i know how to use any programmes.

Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Many thanks.

DitterPD

177 6
Hi everyone, I am a second year student doing pure economics in London and is very keen to get a job in the banking/finance sector after I graduate.

I am targeting at the middle/back office probably operations and analyst kind of jobs. (and consulting is in my consideration too)

Would taking the IMC help? I have thought of doing CFA Level 1 but I don't meet the entry requirements.

Apart from exams, would learning certain computer programs help? Cause I got an interview from a bank a month ago and the securities manager asked if i know how to use any programmes.

Any input/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Many thanks.

IMO CFA is overrated and you can get it later in life, if you really need it (e.g., chief accountant), but learning/knowing how to code really helps. Not only you use it everywhere (excel macros, quick html/css/php), a lot of data mining and analytic goes side by side with such programming languages as python/ruby/JS.. I'd recommend you visiting code.org for inspiration and more information regarding where and how to learn to code.. Hope it helps ;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock