• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

Pure Pip Producer : style and expectations

Do you think it is possible to profit every quarter with trading?

• YES

• NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exact, investors stack on darwins with 1-2 slick quarters and blow before 18 months.
I ma not saying that going for long trackrecords is the Grail, but you lose much less than with the short ones.
The crowd has an average experience lower than 6 months.

I’m exactly the opposite as you, if I see more than 2-3 Darwins, it’s an immediate exclusion. Apparently investors tend to agree with me, yet I don’t call them stupid.
I prefer few darwins too but it is not so simple...
I would bet JHU would be on the top even with 10 darwins :ROFLMAO:
You are overestimating the smartness of investors...

What is the degree of attention to someone who monitors 15-20 Darwins fully automated ?
It is putting out variations of concepts and/or deployment on multiple parameters/assets/timeframes, if not a mix of everything.

If it is not farming, it is very very close. The signal I receive from such a sight is at best a mixed up one. If at all, it tells me that IF the manager has an edge, then he absolutely cannot identify where it will come from... That is a BIG NO-NO for me. A big big one

Who is an authority here ? Klondike with 60k lifetime perf fees ? Which I beat in half a day w/o AuM ?
Not sure what your agenda is with this post. I didn't want to get involved in this mess and this thread is one of the very reasons why I have been mostly away from forums (because I get somehow involved anyways). It's usually not worth my time trying to shout against a wall. Even more so as many people think there is no etiquette on the internet.

You don't know me. But as it seems to be important to you to be waiving your dick and showing how much money you are trading, rest assured that I don't need to work again in my life if I don't want to. And if you have followed some of my posts on the old Darwinex forum you would know that I am not on Darwinex to be making performance fees (lol). I could easily show similar screenshots to yours, however it wouldn't mean shit. I have seen incredibly rich and incredibly stupid people as well as very smart people that aren't wealthy at all (and the other way around).
I joined Darwinex when they used to call themselves Tradeslide and were just algorithmically evaluating trading strategies. The whole Brokerage thing and Darwinex investing came afterward.

The reason why this thread is escalating is not the trading style of PPP. To each its own. There are funds that are trading based on moon phases.
It's the egocentric and narcistic attitude that PPP is showing. You can call him gentleman and caring but that couldn't be further from truth. He is acting like a spoiled little child by insulting people, throwing shit at other traders, discrediting quantitative trading, etc.

And if you believe it or not the behaviour of a trader is actually a pretty darn good investable attribute because I have seen many people talking like they know it all and they are gods greatest gift to trading (remember outsidethebox?). Guess what ... they all failed.

Even if PPP would have found a magic trading style that would grant profitable trading without losing quarters and there was a grain of truth in some of the things he is saying, you couldn't find it because you would need to plough through shitloads of crap.

Cheers

Millions of AuM are not a proof of skill.
They are the proof of being able to generate something liked by the herd.
I saw many gurus blowing on etoro with thousands of copiers, not so different than millions on darwinex.
After 8 year dealing with this stuff i can say that a long trackrecord is the best "simple" proof of edge.
It is the easy part, than come many things trying to compesate the lack of personal knowledge.

Not sure what your agenda is with this post. I didn't want to get involved in this mess and this thread is one of the very reasons why I have been mostly away from forums (because I get somehow involved anyways). It's usually not worth my time trying to shout against a wall. Even more so as many people think there is no etiquette on the internet.

You don't know me. But as it seems to be important to you to be waiving your dick and showing how much money you are trading, rest assured that I don't need to work again in my life if I don't want to. And if you have followed some of my posts on the old Darwinex forum you would know that I am not on Darwinex to be making performance fees (lol). I could easily show similar screenshots to yours, however it wouldn't mean shit. I have seen incredibly rich and incredibly stupid people as well as very smart people that aren't wealthy at all (and the other way around).
I joined Darwinex when they used to call themselves Tradeslide and were just algorithmically evaluating trading strategies. The whole Brokerage thing and Darwinex investing came afterward.

The reason why this thread is escalating is not the trading style of PPP. To each its own. There are funds that are trading based on moon phases.
It's the egocentric and narcistic attitude that PPP is showing. You can call him gentleman and caring but that couldn't be further from truth. He is acting like a spoiled little child by insulting people, throwing shit at other traders, discrediting quantitative trading, etc.

And if you believe it or not the behaviour of a trader is actually a pretty darn good investable attribute because I have seen many people talking like they know it all and they are gods greatest gift to trading (remember outsidethebox?). Guess what ... they all failed.

Even if PPP would have found a magic trading style that would grant profitable trading without losing quarters and there was a grain of truth in some of the things he is saying, you couldn't find it because you would need to plough through shitloads of crap.

Cheers

Sorry, I never have an agenda. Just speaking my truth since everybody cares to do so. I was just asking a simple question. Who is in charge here to lead the talks of criticism ?

What mess ? Is it troubling your own agenda ? But tell me, what are you doing towards PPP ? Can’t you be confident that investors sort things out without any external help of validation ?

I understood you were driving mostly family money, which means you‘re the one spoiled. He started from nothing and climbed the ladder of social success. You have yet to convince strangers of your worth imho. Plus it should last as a perpetual reassessment...

That’s precisely what jumps at my eyes. Ya’ll are here for a trial on intent. You are witch hunting. But it’s not backed up by any constructive claims on your side.

Most of the time, yes okay.
It’s even more so your way of thinking since your opinion of trading appears to be normative and you try hard to convince yourself that exceptions cannot be the rule, but that’s not how the markets work and you’re giving a go to reassure yourself it should be the same about life. Guess what, PPP may be your fat tail (or anyone else next)

Guess we disagree by many principles. That’s perfectly fine in my book. I’m not here to befriend anyone, especially when I see people with closed mindsets who pretend to be the humble ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw many gurus blowing on etoro with thousands of copiers, not so different than millions on darwinex.
After 8 year dealing with this stuff i can say that a long trackrecord is the best "simple" proof of edge.
It is the easy part, than come many things trying to compesate the lack of personal knowledge.
Did these gurus extract pure pips from the financial markets?

Once again an 8 years track-record is nothing when it comes to speak about an 8 years trained brain.

Because while you build a fake track-record (not based on pure pips), you prevent yourself to build the brain you need to build the REAL track-record.

Can you see how i'm sure about what i say?

Do you think, i bluff?

You'll have your anwer very soon... don't worry about that, my dear @CavaliereVerde :giggle:

Last edited:
This PurePipProducer, or ViroMajor, or Emmanita, call him however you want, is a very funny guy :)

You too. I do not know Emmanita, except that she exists
edit : really, it’s bordering insanity ^^

Ok, later guys. To me, seems like more of an irreconciliable shock of culture principally ?! than exactly about trading

Chill out !

It's important to practice good hygiene
At least if you wanna run with my team
I'm bout to get into some shit that I've seen
This fool's breath, I mean so bad it'll melt your ice cream
They say don't say nothing if you can't say nice things
Sittin too close to him it burned(?) like my eyes sting
I try to be subtle, hand him a stick of gum
I was a victim of breath on him
Running his yap about what sets he from
Gotta get some gum gotta get him some
He turned it down, his teeth was brown
Excruciating for him and it was a new sensation
I had to ask the dope to pass the soap
Cuz his toe had the sniff of crustaceans
Or bathrooms in a bus station
He had a can of Olde E and some raisins
Amazing... head to toe B.O.
He didn't know, used to the fragrance
Just as the days went without bathing
He felt manly and not like a maiden
He had one dread, and fungus
Said he worked on peoples' toilets with plungers
Girls let the guy you were with the tongue ya
So guys take your cue from this num-ba(number)

You gotta wash your ass, if you must
You gotta wash your hair, if you must
You gotta brush your teeth, if you must
Or else you'll be funkyyyyyyyy

Now at class you need total concentration
But there's kids in the back holdin conversations
Crackin on each other, and neither were poster boys
Both of em smell like the type that soap avoids
Coast and Joy, they leave their absence
One's fool's feet smelled like it struck some matchsticks
Brimstone, girls would never bring him home
I was laughin, then his friend raised his tone
And said, "Bud you rolled all over yourself" "yeaaa"
I know some people your ass should be submerged
Like you need to deal with water cuz you smell like a turd
Wanna cap get some courage, your feet smell lurid
Well look it up
And while you're at it, get a cup
And squeeze the sweat out your sweatshirt and drink it or gargle
You get our vote for most stinkiest
That nigga started thinkin of shit, said I was frail
I said he was stale
Underarms is ripe
Undergarments tight, about to leap out your holy sweats
And we holdin bets, and after this I'm gonna collect
Nigga check, yourself
Respect yourself
And wash your mothafuckin body 'fore your sweatshirt melt
Like radioactive, no lady find you attractive
The funk got you captive
You don't need a map bitch

You gotta wash your ass, if you must
You gotta wash your hair, if you must
You gotta brush your teeth, if you must
Or else you'll be funkyyyyyyyy

a very funny guy :)

What would be funny would be you to seriously monitore the speed of your stoploss occurencies in time.

You simply need timer...

Like : OOOOOOOOOOXOOOOOOOOOXOOOOOOOOXOOOOOOOXOOOOOOXOOOOOXOOOOXOOOXOOXOXX

Thus, you could probably develop a pattern in order avoid 50% of your percentage/time drawdown.

This PurePipProducer, or ViroMajor, or Emmanita, call him however you want, is a very funny guy :)

I allow you to contact Darwinex on my behalf to verify that my identify from documents don’t match any other one
Then please head yourself to the doctors 😋 no wait, humour is the best medicine they say :) stay here, we will pamper you !

5E32B7B6-1D47-4FCD-AC62-098F5548FC58.jpeg

Sorry, I never have an agenda. Just speaking my truth since everybody cares to do so. I was just asking a simple question. Who is in charge here to lead the talks of criticism ?
That fact that you were just trying to discredit me by saying you make so much more money than me (which may or may not be true) is clearly an agenda because this statement has no substantial meaning. The only thing you are trying to do is defending PPP which is fine. We don't need to agree, but if you are not telling the truth and discredit others that's an agenda in my books.
What mess ? Is it troubling your own agenda ? Can’t you be confident that investors sort things out without any external help of validation ?
Unfortunately, I cannot. Many investors are greedy and want to believe in the holy grail that gurus are promising. They want to believe that there is this magic trading guru that is able to pull off only profitable months without risk and a losing quarter.
I understood you were driving mostly family money, which means you‘re the one spoiled. He started from nothing and climbed the ladder of social success. You have yet to convince strangers of your worth imho. Plus it should last as a perpetual reassessment imho...
Not sure what gave you this impression. Yes, I am also trading family money but mostly my own. I founded a company while graduating which I sold and became a professional online poker player afterward. I don't need to convince anybody of my worth because I actually don't care if people invest in my Darwins. These performance fees don't play any role in my financial planning.
That’s precisely what jumps at my eyes. Ya’ll are here for a trial on intent. You are witch hunting. But it’s not backed up by any constructive claims on your side.
I challenge you to point me to any constructive post of yours or PPP :ROFLMAO:
Most of the time, yes okay.
It’s even more so your way of thinking since your opinion of trading appears to be normative and you try hard to convince yourself that exceptions cannot be the rule, but that’s not how the markets work and you’re giving a go to reassure yourself it should be the same about life. Guess what, PPP may be your fat tail (or anyone else next)

Guess we disagree by many principles. That’s perfectly fine in my book. I’m not here to befriend anyone, especially when I see people with closed mindsets who pretend to be the humble ones.

Again, not sure what gives you the impression that I have a closed mindset. I am trading a lot of different strategies and I even trade manually from time to time (although those are long-term trades only as I don't like to be bound to the screens).
I am not open-minded however when it comes to gurus trying to exploit novice investors by promising "no losing quarter" without proof.
Why not shut up and let numbers talk first? Usually, those trading wizards shout beforehand and only shut up once the numbers have proven them wrong.

@KlondikeFX sorry but I really dislike hypocrisy ^^

F3829958-2357-4920-A5EC-FC57D33C9D7E.jpeg

BD4F4FE9-CF1E-46EB-A335-FDAA94B8C057.jpeg
44883C86-A338-4D98-BB69-0CE86ACAE948.jpeg
01120209-FE83-4A6B-91E4-0426257CE7DF.jpeg
362868A0-F297-453D-A4F5-0FABEB90B56D.jpeg

Had you book your costume of troll for T2W especially ? You sure aren’t discreting yourself.... You also sure do not have a superiority complex :)

7AB56C52-A434-4035-AFB5-16995ABCABF0.jpeg

You were about to say something ? Oh, you refrained. Yet you talk about generosity just before. I cared about replying to your poker statement but you didn’t care to rebound on it. Here PPP is the generous one, he slaps cheeks back and forth

Just saying, you are absolutely no different from the crowd, except your self-esteem, which shows in your posts.
However, I see no contribution. Notwithstanding the fact that you did hold ones many times before, elsewhere, I admit. It’s not repeated here where you’re in fact revealing your bad side, working against yourself.

You figured out, I’m just putting down a form of....how to call it: harrassement ?
If you believe it is an agenda, it is your own interpretation. I only call my reaction justice. Please consider me as a pacifier ;)

As for me, I’m sorry but I’m at the stage after being a client interested at holding hands. For that, we should have met many years ago

Because it’s not the point of a forum ? Because then why are you here ? Because it must be difficult to be overly satisfied with your numbers ?! To pass the time, having nothing better to do... just for the thrill of it.
If Darwinex reads us, they must laugh their ass off that they took the right decision to close Community. Hats off

I am here to know other traders as investor.
The same reason i was on the old community.
Providing feedback to Darwinex has always been pretty useless. :ROFLMAO:
As advertising tool for traders a forum works only up to 30 investors

So, granted ! You manage to know their “aura”
Accordingly, it doesn’t differ than to get to know a superstar cooking chief. You may get a glimpse of his/her personality, but in no way he’s going to take you to the kitchen to reveal production secrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.