Property courses / crash?

trendie

Legendary member
Just curious.
I have been getting invites to attend property course seminars recently.
Around 4 in past 6 months or so.

Seem to remember there was a dearth of courses around 2007/8 as well.
Just been googling property crashes (cycles) uk, and they seem to happen every 10-15 years, dont they?

Just curious, is this a sign of a looming property crash?
Are landlords trying to offload their portfolios?

Just curious.

Just been googling property crashes (cycles) uk, and they seem to happen every 10-15 years, dont they?

Dunno, but looks like prices are falling back generally and I would expect this to continue for a while. (Brexit)

IMHO the only thing that will make house prices drop by any real significant amount is interest rates rising and by a substantial amount. There is still a demand level well in excess of supply and while that exists then property prices will stay buoyant. There may be regional variations such as London is experiencing at the moment but on a generic level it will be be governed by interest rates.

Just curious.

nope they just keep regrouping and then starting again .....

let me guess .....they are saying brexit means all investors should go,to a seminar and find out how property will make them solid returns regardless of brexit

i’ve been to a few of these over the years and bought a lot of books .....

in answer to your question most of the courses sell the vendors dubious expertise and also,throw in some kind of consortium flogging you sh#te properties up north .....all off plan .......and a management fee to rent them out .....

there was one interesting guy i went to see who,always bought at auction .....it was actually good as he really had his act together recognising opportunities to flip stuff he saw .......but even he admitted it was tough to do that all the time and again flogging books and his management services was where he did the best .....

as others are saying there’s 2 things that dominate property values in the UK

the interest rate and buyers access to borrowing
the supply of property in the market

unfortunately brexit may really hit the first one above......that could impact prices detrimentally until,we get to,wherever we are going ......supply wise there will never be enough properties to,satisfy demand in the uk

whether developers are building the right type of properties is another issue.....

N

Last edited:
We get Harry Dent and another one from the UK forgot his name.
All they are doing is selling courses and books to make money.
Doom and gloom seems to sell better than good news.

https://www.smartcompany.com.au/ind...redicting-australian-house-prices-will-crash/
I've invested in property all my life. You don't need courses or books, all that will do is cost you money and confuse you with options and analysis paralis.
Ask yourself:

1: In the event of worst case scenario perment negative equity. Do you have the time scale to profit from the tenant completly paying off the mortgage for you at full term.

2: Can you sustain mortgage repayments at above the historic average for the last 25 years?

3: Look at historic House prices in city's you are interested in, there is often a riple effect like a stone in a pond of rises rippling out from the centre, choose your edge of the ripple to buy.

4: Look at historical properties available to rent figures and make sure the number isn't rising.

5: Build a relationship or just choose a local established letting agent and politely request they view two or three properties for sale (with a view to let out) on your behalf. I have always found them happy to do this in return for the promise of your business. They are the best people to judge the viability and rent achievable for each of your shortlisted properties.
That's about it.

Nearby hospitals, and train stations and new infrastructure and expanding industries is always a bonus.
Don't go near seminars or books and courses, they will just stop you from getting on and doing it.