Prop Trading Interview questions

sadhiq105

Hi ,

I have an interview at a prop trading firm this coming tuesday. I have absolutely no idea of what type of questions they will ask. Can someone please help me as to what type of questions I should expect? A few samples will be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

This question has been asked before. Do a search of the forums and you'll find some answers.

Hi ,

I have an interview at a prop trading firm this coming tuesday. I have absolutely no idea of what type of questions they will ask. Can someone please help me as to what type of questions I should expect? A few samples will be much appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

What's your name?

Where are you from?

"Who is your daddy and what does he do?"

Hi ,

It depends which stage you are at the interview process. If it is a final round interview, then you will be asked questions that test your knowledge on financial concepts and possibly some questions to test how good your maths skills are.

If it is an options trading firm, then make sure you learn your **** about options (read Hull), and make sure you understand the concept of mathematical expectation really well as most brainteasers revolve around this concept.

If it's a first round, then it mighty mainly consist of competency type questions depending on whether you are being interviewed with HR or people from the business.

all questions will pertain to trading where they will just try to determine whether or not their money is safe with you.
You just have to be honest with them, carry your traidng history if possible, prepare a write up on your risk management style and a little bit bit about how you analyse the markets without revealing your system details.

There'll be questions like:
- why trading?
- why not only with your own money?
- your experience in last three years and your objective in next three years?
- define risk adjusted rate of returns?
- essentials of becoming a good trader?
- Name of few of other prop firms? Any reasons why you chose us before going to them?

hope that helps!

Re: Interview questions to ask

all questions will pertain to trading where they will just try to determine whether or not their money is safe with you.
You just have to be honest with them, carry your traidng history if possible, prepare a write up on your risk management style and a little bit bit about how you analyse the markets without revealing your system details.

There'll be questions like:
- why trading?
- why not only with your own money?
- your experience in last three years and your objective in next three years?
- define risk adjusted rate of returns?
- essentials of becoming a good trader?
- Name of few of other prop firms? Any reasons why you chose us before going to them?

hope that helps!

Hi,

Thanks for reply.The questions is very little. I'll share some my intervews for people to consult.

If you want to do more info, you also visit at: Interview questions to ask
Rgs.

Hi

I read some opinions in this topic. I do not agree above ideal. We can find out some articles at about.com by using Google search.

Hi

I found that a member asked same question in this forum some months ago.

Pls use search box to find this questions with comments