Interview questions - execution trader

MMalek

Hi guys,

I have an interview for a trader position in a small global macro fund next week. I have almost 3 years experience in prop trading (equities and most recently futures).

Given the fact that execution trading is significantly different from proprietary trading I need your help. Does anyone know what interview questions I should expect and how I can get prepared for it?

I would appreciate any advice.

I forgot to mention that, as far as I am concerned, they don't use any algo in their investment startegy. The fund is more "old school" Buffett style like thing

Buffet style investing buys and holds for medium to longer term so will tend not to execute frequently. If its a small fund this would compound that. Even best execution isnt as relatively important either in longer term. Its more about fundamental research/analysis to find underpriced securities. Just some background info which I hope helps.

Buffet style investing buys and holds for medium to longer term so will tend not to execute frequently. If its a small fund this would compound that. Even best execution isnt as relatively important either in longer term. Its more about fundamental research/analysis to find underpriced securities. Just some background info which I hope helps.

Hi everybody,

I uploaded one file. But It can not display. I used internet explorer 8.0.

How can I repair? Or some problems happened to IE8?

Rgs

HTML:
I uploaded one file. But It can not display. I used internet explorer 8.0.

Did you upload it to the Photobucket or Imageshack. These are
the places where you post the file to and use the to link to generate
the file that you want to present.

Hi guys,

I have an interview for a trader position in a small global macro fund next week. I have almost 3 years experience in prop trading (equities and most recently futures).

Given the fact that execution trading is significantly different from proprietary trading I need your help. Does anyone know what interview questions I should expect and how I can get prepared for it?

I would appreciate any advice.

Knowing who will be interviewing you would help greatly. If it's an execution trader i would suggest you need to convey your ability to get filled at good prices and the techniques used to do so.

If you are just getting interviewed by the "HR" and general bods. Just be yourself. Usual interview technique applies.

Research Analyst = Execution Trader? :confused:

Yep wrong job! - For an execution trading role I would ask them how they currently bench mark the executions - i.e what do they consider a good job execution wise.
I would also ask them if they do any pre and post trade analysis of the executions - as an execution trader you need to come accross as a safe pair of hands !