Prop Shop in Sydney?

not at all.
but thanks for the message, i can easily disregard it as i am serious about it, and the point to my initial question was to prepare my self for meeting with them :)
not whether to go or not go.

regards

Hi KM, you will have an assessment next week? I haven't received anything from them yet. Would you mind to tell me when did you receive the invitation for the assessment please?

I have attened their interview last week. Unfortunately, I wasn't successful. In the email they sent to me even didn't mention any specific reason. Anyone has any idea for what sort of merits they are looking for(Propex). The interview only lasted 10 minutes though.

Is it the first interview? 10 mins is too short for an interview. Do you feel that the interview is completed or feel that they ended the interview early for some reason?
Anyway how well did you do in the test?

I have attened their interview last week. Unfortunately, I wasn't successful. In the email they sent to me even didn't mention any specific reason. Anyone has any idea for what sort of merits they are looking for(Propex). The interview only lasted 10 minutes though.

Same here.
I attended the interview 3 wks ago. Received an email last week saying I wasn't successful.
That was after I pestered them for getting back to me otherwise they may have not even bothered.
Having said that, my interview lasted for at least 30mins.

hmmm im coming to think I wont get accepted this September when I apply....

what sorta questions were asked in the interview? why did you feel you didnt get in or did they provide a reason?

hmmm im coming to think I wont get accepted this September when I apply....

what sorta questions were asked in the interview? why did you feel you didnt get in or did they provide a reason?

They just wanted to know about me.
It seems as though we got along and I answered all questions without a problem.
They kept on asking more and more, so I thought they were interested.

I asked for a reason, but have not heard from them since.
Nothing else I can do if they don't want to respond to emails.
No contact number so can't call.

They just wanted to know about me.
It seems as though we got along and I answered all questions without a problem.
They kept on asking more and more, so I thought they were interested.

I asked for a reason, but have not heard from them since.
Nothing else I can do if they don't want to respond to emails.
No contact number so can't call.

that seems strange?
have you had much experience trading?
was it a lack of knowledge on the financial markets? or was it personal type questions?

What you must realize here is you are up against the following :

- People who are already full time futures traders ( not home or part time) & have been for some time that are already profitable and will not require training.

These individuals are not coming in saying oh' I traded a demo FX account ... I am the good's.. .

It is harsh but reality they will give preference to experienced traders who have traded their own accounts sucessfully , this is even more so in present times.

harsh but fair :sneaky:

What you must realize here is you are up against the following :

- People who are already full time futures traders ( not home or part time) & have been for some time that are already profitable and will not require training.

These individuals are not coming in saying oh' I traded a demo FX account ... I am the good's.. .

It is harsh but reality they will give preference to experienced traders who have traded their own accounts sucessfully , this is even more so in present times.

harsh but fair :sneaky:

whats the 6 months of training for then if you already trade successfully? I thought the idea was to learn the 'Propex' style of trading and not have any bad habits already

Do you know how many people are they hiring for this intake? I think the best way is to ask for the reason, but will they allow to re-apply in the future? (I know some props told people not to apply again if you fail).

whats the 6 months of training for then if you already trade successfully? I thought the idea was to learn the 'Propex' style of trading and not have any bad habits already

I agree with this. People with real full time commercial experience shouldn't consider as trainee.

They will probably still take some recruit traders , but Bad habits don't mean a thing if your account shows that you are consistently profitable .
Accounting of course for a one off event ie fat finger and getting smashed .

It will be harder for a green trader to start that is all I am pointing out here . If you are already Full time trader going Prop is just becoming more attractive if you don't have to fork out any margin or risk & you are still pushing the same amount of lots around . Hence it is relativley straight forward to get a Prop spot , meaning the Prop houses can be much more selective in the graduates/ new type traders they may take on.

that seems strange?
have you had much experience trading?
was it a lack of knowledge on the financial markets? or was it personal type questions?

Yes I have.
Have traded my account and have been profitable.
As I said, I don't know what the reason was. They did not provide a reason.

Who knows.

Yes I have.
Have traded my account and have been profitable.
As I said, I don't know what the reason was. They did not provide a reason.

Who knows.

Futures ? that is what they will want if you mention cfd's etc you will get the thanks but no thanks(n)

& If it is futures they would like to see some good t /o ie not shorting 1 lot 6 months ago on an equity index , ..
:)

Futures ? that is what they will want if you mention cfd's etc you will get the thanks but no thanks(n)

& If it is futures they would like to see some good t /o ie not shorting 1 lot 6 months ago on an equity index , ..
:)

Not futures, but isn't that what training is all about.
I would have thought, if you're exposed to the markets and have experience in trading and drive, training can be provided to help you trade their way.
Hence Trainee Trader. It is not like I am a total newbie with no idea.

They also mentioned they were recruiting experienced traders to trade for them.
I wonder what criteria they would be looking for there. Self made millionaires??

Not futures, but isn't that what training is all about.
I would have thought, if you're exposed to the markets and have experience in trading and drive, training can be provided to help you trade their way.
Hence Trainee Trader. It is not like I am a total newbie with no idea.

They also mentioned they were recruiting experienced traders to trade for them.
I wonder what criteria they would be looking for there. Self made millionaires??

Hardly , although I can tell you for a fact there are some guys around that trade large private accounts that go Prop.
Without getting too narky here or for want of sounding smart **** they are a speciality futures house . You are at a distinct advantage if you trade futures . Prior to the day's of CFD's etc that is what alot of people did.

Start on 1 lot and get 4:1 hold no overnight positions & plug away at it . They guy / girl that has the " Drive" to get themselves organized into a futures account therefore has the advantage.

That is why if you went there and said oh yeah I traded Fx and they ask you to sit there for 3 months and see who is jobbing the order book etc you will have to start fromm scratch.

This is particularily applicable with Propex .

so me trading spot forex is not a good thing?

oh well im gonna have a try anyways, its still a dream job....

If you are genuine you will still reliaze the futulity involved in these retail platforms.

do your homework & lok at the main futures contracts traded then go from there . There is No comparison between trading FX on a retail platform & trading futures full time my friend :cheesy: , & What Propex or any other Prop House will want you to do or method of training is in no way connected .

Look for the road less travelled my friend:smart:

If you do get the chance to have a crack at it with them go for it

If you are genuine you will still reliaze the futulity involved in these retail platforms.

do your homework & lok at the main futures contracts traded then go from there . There is No comparison between trading FX on a retail platform & trading futures full time my friend :cheesy: , & What Propex or any other Prop House will want you to do or method of training is in no way connected .

Look for the road less travelled my friend:smart:

If you do get the chance to have a crack at it with them go for it

well i just sent off my 200word reply email last night so ill see how that goes...

I wanna trade FX futures hopefully, its just that spot forex is the easiest place to learn with little money... even if its paid 45k a year for the rest of my life i could still see it as something i wanna do for a living.

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference

Last edited: