Profitable trading strategy? How easy?

L

Liquid validity

0 0
But you're agreeing with me?!:)
Yes in essence, indices do only go one way over the long term, up.
In practice, the reality is as you say in the reply to flash, its not very practical
if you want a pro active approach.
Index following (which is essentially what it is) has not done pension funds
much good over the last decade has it.
If you can't wait indefinitely for an 80's style bull run you 're screwed.

D70

Established member
839 195
Yes in essence, indices do only go one way over the long term, up.
In practice, the reality is as you say in the reply to flash, its not very practical
if you want a pro active approach.
Index following (which is essentially what it is) has not done pension funds
much good over the last decade has it.
If you can't wait indefinitely for an 80's style bull run you 're screwed.

Indices do not go one way.
Let me ask you this. If "Rome" had an index, where would it be trading? If the persian empire had an index, where would it be trading?

Wake up you lot. These radical "house prices only go up in the long term" are the assumptions of idiots.

L

Liquid validity

0 0
Indices do not go one way.
Let me ask you this. If "Rome" had an index, where would it be trading? If the persian empire had an index, where would it be trading?

Wake up you lot. These radical "house prices only go up in the long term" are the assumptions of idiots.

Wow, get out of bed the wrong side this morning :LOL:
RTF post again, I said in essence, I also posted earlier in the thread about
crashes and stagflation
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/tra...-trading-strategy-how-easy-3.html#post2006592

Yes an empire in decline will not have an index likely to recover.
Who mentioned house prices, not me...WTF :|

Not like you to go round calling people idiots without reading the thread in context.
Or is something else bothering you?

D70

Established member
839 195
I love the standard retort these days "Ow dear, you must have taken a loss, poor you".

Beginner Joe. 2,244 posts (and counting) in just over a year. You must have so much valuable information to spread around........

Liquid Validity - I didnt mean to get your back up. I'm just saying the "general" (not targeted at you) response that "it must go up" is right before someone gets their cheeks split in 2.

You boys carry on.

L

Liquid validity

0 0
Liquid Validity - I didnt mean to get your back up. I'm just saying the "general" (not targeted at you) response that "it must go up" is right before someone gets their cheeks split in 2.

Fair enough :)

BeginnerJoe

3,329 350
Beginner Joe. 2,244 posts (and counting) in just over a year. You must have so much valuable information to spread around........

It just means I have more conversations with people and don't let looser trades get the better of me.

D70

Established member
839 195
It just means I have more conversations with people and don't let looser trades get the better of me.

And you still cant spell. Even with all of Neil's guidance.

BeginnerJoe

3,329 350
And you still cant spell. Even with all of Neil's guidance.

Well, this is not skool, and I am not aiming for top marks. Perhaps this is why I have more conversations with people, a little weakness that gives people that down to earth feeling.

Reactions: timsk
L

Liquid validity

0 0
Popcorn-02-Stephen-Colbert.gif

Pat494

Legendary member
14,617 1,581
I find testing one's strategy on a demo is better in at least 1 way. I would never ever do what I test on a demo a/c in real life with real money.

neil

Legendary member
5,167 750
:) Well, this is not skool, and I am not aiming for top marks. Perhaps this is why I have more conversations with people, a little weakness that gives people that down to earth feeling.

Fair enough BeginnerJoe. :)

No problems there then:LOL:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock