problem with ascii data charting in TS 8.1 w/ Owndata 2.4

Kanpo

Hello,

I'm having trouble charting ascii data into TS 8.1 with Owndata. I downloaded daily ascii data on a sample of 28 symbols from nyse and nasdaq equities from Hquote.com. They make a downloader I used. Then I used Owndata and did the ascii mapping routine. In trying to open charts with chart analysis in TS, occasionally it works fine, but usually I'm getting a variety of errors. Sometimes the chart window opens but is blank save for the message "waiting for symbol attributes" and sometimes "historical data not available". Then when I try to format the symbol (e.g. ASC:IBM), I get the error message "ASC:IBM is not a valid symbol. Check the spelling or if offline you may need to work online". This is true if I try other symbols I've downloaded as well. I've made sure I've selected daily time frame in the symbol format window. Sometimes I get a TS error message asking if i want to send an error report.

Help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Would like to help but my experience with Owndata trying to pull in esignal data has not been good. It kept crashing TS. I will try again when i get the time in the new version. I believe that the instal proceedure is critical for Owndata in that it needs to integrate with an already loaded TS. It sounds form the error that TS is not finding Owndata. Have you checked in Owndata to see if ASC is turned on.

Hello Kanp,
I am facing exactly the same problem. Were you somehow able to solve it?
Thanks Zbynek

zbynek79 said:
Hello Kanp,
I am facing exactly the same problem. Were you somehow able to solve it?
Thanks Zbynek

Afraid not. I having been messing around with TS 2000i instead a bit.

Metaserver

I use the feed from IB through metaserver - I think it cost me $99 and has worked v well for about 3 years through TS2000i

It will grab futures, stocks, indices, etc.
TS8 ( which I also run) is so much more resouce intensive and "quirky" with data other than their own - so much so I gave up! (owndata that is not the software!)
NB I am not associated with metaserver in any way merely sighting my personal experience with the software.

Kanpo said:
Afraid not. I having been messing around with TS 2000i instead a bit.