Tradestation 8.7(b 3085) with owndata 2.7

i am using trade station 8.7(b 3085) with owndata 2.7. My data feed is Esignal. I usually trade on Indian Stock exchange - NSE. I am able to plot esignal symbol (example - ES:ACC.EQ-NSE) into the chart analysis window but the radar screen window does not accept the same symbol. is there a problem with format of the symbol or are there some settings in Tradestation for Radar Screen:|?

I have just recently installed the same setup. Owndata is working and is downloading ticks from esignal. TS8 is opening fine. WHEN i click on the icon to create a chart, it freezes. It opens a CSCO chart window with no chart and says "waiting for data". If I right click on the chart window it freezes.
It used to work before I had recently reformatted my computer. TS8.5 b2289 used to work aswell and it freezes also.

Please help me get around this.
Thanks

Hi,

Radarscreen plots realtime data from Tradestation servers. So it will not work in real time for 3rd party data providers.

Hi

I'm looking to use Tradestation platform but would like to use data from Interactive Brokers. Is there an easy less expensive way to feed the data to T S other than Owndata ($3000) ?

Cheers

Hi ,

I installed Tradestation 8.7 Build 3085 to work offline with daily 3rd party Metastock data. I don't need real time data so I didn't install OwnData 2.7.

When I tried to open Metastock data (in this sw there isn't New --> Chart Windows --> 3rd party directory and so on, as on Omega Research 2000i) selecting on symbol lookup the correct folder with metastock data but on Tradestation CHart Analysis I have always the message "Waiting for symbol attributes"..

So I can't access to Metastock end of day data..can someone help me?

Thank you!
bye

Hi,

When you add a data source make sure your selecting the data type as Metastock, usually ASCII type is selected by default.

Cheers,
Prathap

Hi,

When you add a data source make sure your selecting the data type as Metastock, usually ASCII type is selected by default.

Cheers,
Prathap

Hi Prathap,

thanks for your help. i have metasock EOD data (they work without problems on other software like Amibroker). File *.DAT (data file) and *.DOP (attribute file).
I have selected Metastock data but I always receive the message "Waiting for symbol attributes"..

here attached you will find a small .ppt with the windws hat highlights the issue.

Thank you for the support,
cheers
Mat

Attachments

• TradeStation 8 vs EOD data.pdf
    956.3 KB · Views: 2,323
Hi,

I have had problems getting the esignal data feed into my TS8.7 . I am using Owndata 2x and do see the tick data in quotemanager for Indian exchanges, e.g., ACC.EQ-NSE shows up. I have the exchange as "National Stock Exchange India (NSE)" and abbr. as NSE. However, when I try to access this data in TS, it cannot show any data in chart analysis window. I only see "Invalid Symbol or you may be working offline". The symbol I type in TS is "ES:ACC.EQ-NSE". I am also using TS offline but don't think that's the problem. Any ideas? Please help.

Also, is there an explicit way for me to mention Owndata as a 3rd party data provider in TS? All I see is options of Ascii and Metastock.

Regards,
Puneet.

Hi Puneet,

Please check the source ES:ACC.EQ-NSE and also try some other symbols aswell. Please send me your contact details through PM. will look into it.

Hi,

you need to include the symbol attributes in a file called 'attributes.ini'. There is more info on this in the help file - you will need to search for symbol attributes. The file will be something like this

Symbol,Date Format,Time Format,Category,Exchange,Session 1 Start Time,Session 1 End Time,Session 1 Days,Price Scale,Minimum Movement,Big Point Value,Daily Limit
eur,mm/dd/yyyy,HHMM,Forex,Forex,0005,0000,UMTWRFS,1/10000,1,10000,10000

Please let me know if you get it to work

Hi

I'm looking to use Tradestation platform but would like to use data from Interactive Brokers. Is there an easy less expensive way to feed the data to T S other than Owndata ($3000) ?

Cheers

you can use MultiCharts DT.

it is free.

I have just recently installed the same setup. Owndata is working and is downloading ticks from esignal. TS8 is opening fine. WHEN i click on the icon to create a chart, it freezes. It opens a CSCO chart window with no chart and says "waiting for data". If I right click on the chart window it freezes.
It used to work before I had recently reformatted my computer. TS8.5 b2289 used to work aswell and it freezes also.

Please help me get around this.
Thanks

Hi, did youn getbitbto work as I am having the same issue only I'm using ZenFire.