pro scalper

the single most important part of scalping is position sizing.

the smaller the better.

longevity in this arena isn't based on skill but on how you manage risk.

a great risk manager will trump a great trader any day.

the video's i post have an intro to my website.

can someone tell me if that's legal here?

if it's not i'll post my technical analysis videos without any 'ads'

Scalping to me is a less stressful game than most realize. If you are fluent in the moves, you get to have a higher strike rate (good for the soul). You don't have to watch your trade hit a support or resistance, you can just cash out enough to break even and let the rest run, or cash it all out and go golf :)

It all depends on what you call scalping.......If I put in a longer term trade in and I am up 100 pips then I take the profit and look for a pullback to get back in. In a strong trending market I miss out sometimes, but 90% of the time I get a better reentry and this is scalping to me.

Scalping to me is a less stressful game than most realize. If you are fluent in the moves, you get to have a higher strike rate (good for the soul). You don't have to watch your trade hit a support or resistance, you can just cash out enough to break even and let the rest run, or cash it all out and go golf :)

absolutely agree with every word.

small wins... day after day add up quickly.

i used to love golf... i used to be about 5 over... now... about 25... so

now i hate golf. :)

It all depends on what you call scalping.......If I put in a longer term trade in and I am up 100 pips then I take the profit and look for a pullback to get back in. In a strong trending market I miss out sometimes, but 90% of the time I get a better reentry and this is scalping to me.

I call that scalping. I trade roughly the same way. I find an entry based on 4hr/daily/weekly and when I see a tough resistance and decent profits, I sell half or all my lots. I usually close completely within a few hours though. Who knows, maybe that's just day trading. Too many genres :sneaky:

that's always a good question.

what defines a scalper.

well... i fire off around 30-60/trades daily.

i trade very small lots and trade often.

most of the time i'm in the market for minutes.

i'm right or wrong...

then i'm in or out.

i will let the smaller positions float if i believe they will come back.

i have a very high hit rate... 80%

because i trade small i have a very low drawdown... around 2%/month.

so... to me a scalper is someone who trades small with high frequency.

Mike

absolutely agree with every word.

small wins... day after day add up quickly.

i used to love golf... i used to be about 5 over... now... about 25... so

now i hate golf. :)

Ha ha, I know the feeling. I can usually get a bogey, that's good enough for me

What is scalping?