Private Messaging

Sharky

Staff
Is this something you'd like to see on the BB? I know we had it with the old BB, but I'm not sure if anyone used it.

For those who don't know what it was, it was a way for members to message each other via the BB rather than over the email. So you could send another member a private message and that user when they then logged into the BB would have a little icon displayed showing them they had a new message which they could then read privately on the BB.

If there is demand for this feature, then let me know and I'll add it.

Thanks,
Pigsy.

ps. fibonacci, fibonacci, fibonacci!!! lol :)

Testing, testing 1.. 2.. 3..

I'm in the middle of testing the private messaging, so please don't be tempted to try it out, if you see private messaging icon to click, because it's not quite ready.

Cheers,
Pigsy,

Done!

Great, we now have private messaging up and running. It's all quite straightforward, so you shouldn't have any problems using it.

As long as your logged in you will see a link to your private messaging (pm) service at the top of the BB overview page. From here, you can send and collect your private messages. In order to send a private message you can either enter the name of the member when you click on thr pm service as highlighted, or you will now see a new little icon at the bottom of every post, which if you click will automatically open a new message page with the poster as the recipient.

It's very similar to the old BB pm system, so you shouldn't have any probs. If you do, then please let me know on this thread.

No problem at all Rizgar. I'm here to provide you with the very best website around. So I'm relying on you to tell me what you like and don't like about the site.

I really appreciate your input.

Pigsy.

Now tell me what you don't like!!! :)

hmmm...

Pigsy, there are so many things to like that it's hard to think of something I dislike...good night!

cheers

rizgar