Price/Oscillator divergence

turtle trader

172 6
I've noticed a divergence between the price & oscillator (price has hit a higher hi & osc (CCI - 20) has failed to do so) on £/CHF (15 min chart) & intend to short any break below the current congestion.

I've already done the same on $/CHF (shorted @ 13285) which seems to be headed in the right direction.

Trading this type of divergence isn't something i've done b4 & would be interested in any comments

cheers
Turtle :D

turtle trader

172 6
Here's the chart (hopefully):

(Sharky: Attachment deleted because it didn't open correctly - TurtleTrader please retry)

Newtron Bomb

Experienced member
1,602 87
Hi

Divergences are pretty useful and ther are many peeps who love them....

Here are some examples of a divergence in gbp/usd , although i shorted this because of a double top and a smaller double top in the second peak you can see in cci (20) and rsi (14) that they would have been good indications for a potential short which did turn out very well

The second chart is the 5 min chart and shows the smaller double top. Patterns within patterns :cheesy:

Attachments

• image1.gif
    image1.gif
    25.6 KB · Views: 571

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock