Price Action Scalping

Took a trade, see 10 in chart.

I. Why take the trade? There was a defeat of bulls at the round number level 4, but only after they had gained some ground. There were 3 more rejections at the round number level, 6,7,8. Lower highs at 4,6,7,8,9. I’ll call that a cup and handle at 8,9. Then a clear trend down along with the 20ema developed. After 5 no strong support appears until sideways action in ellipse 3 and 1.3100 round number level, but these are outside target.

II. Why not take the trade? Level 5, the bottom of bull flag, could be support, but this support disappears after the break of the level(of course this is clearer in retrospect). Support at 1 and 2 along with sideways action at that level preceding it, but these levels are mostly washed out by price action through these levels from 3 to 4. US import number coming up but this is a minor number. [ In retrospect I see that it is a medium impact number but also in retrospect 15 min should be at least enough time to lower stop (Foxmajster’s question about news yesterday has me thinking about this, perhaps if you’re in a trade preceding news use more aggressive stops, I tend to use aggressive stops so perhaps not an issue with me).]

At this time, after 9 in the chart, I am looking for an entry into the market and trade the second break. I was looking for a double doji but did not get one, but second breaks are just as good if not better since double doji’s more often than second breaks turn into blocks (at this time this last statement is just opinion, in other words I have no statistics to back this up). Anyway I took the trade and it hit my 10 pip target. Reaching the target may have been assisted by the import number but by that time a break even stop, just above technical levels, was in.

Note that as Mike suggests I asked the second question as well.

Chart

Attachments

• eur-usd-4-11-12-0820to1235.PNG
    eur-usd-4-11-12-0820to1235.PNG
    49.2 KB · Views: 211
Easy peasy.

I opened a demo account for my daughter, she is 9.

I took this trade with her, I was on Oanda, she is with CMC. I told her to get ready and we pressed our button quite instantly at the same time.

We reached our target in a few minutes, being screening for 2 hours.

I felt a bit sorry for her, she took her previously 5 trades without a win, I think she is happy now after two wins. (one she made by herself).:clap:

Wow, are you teaching your daughter Forex trading so earlier? Do you want her to be a trader when she grows up? Forex trading is so tough for any age and it's amazing to see you start training her so early.

Really nice setup and really nice trade. I hope you are not cheating and counting as one of yours when you were just copying it :p

LOL, not cheating, why should I? Just to cheat on myself? and I am a bit surprise that you doubt that, to be honest.

And this is my trade, viewed on the 5 minutes TF, because Oanda does not go back as much on the 30 seconds TF.

Attachments

• my trade.png
    my trade.png
    32 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
Took a trade, see 10 in chart.

I. Why take the trade? There was a defeat of bulls at the round number level 4, but only after they had gained some ground. There were 3 more rejections at the round number level, 6,7,8. Lower highs at 4,6,7,8,9. I’ll call that a cup and handle at 8,9. Then a clear trend down along with the 20ema developed. After 5 no strong support appears until sideways action in ellipse 3 and 1.3100 round number level, but these are outside target.

II. Why not take the trade? Level 5, the bottom of bull flag, could be support, but this support disappears after the break of the level(of course this is clearer in retrospect). Support at 1 and 2 along with sideways action at that level preceding it, but these levels are mostly washed out by price action through these levels from 3 to 4. US import number coming up but this is a minor number. [ In retrospect I see that it is a medium impact number but also in retrospect 15 min should be at least enough time to lower stop (Foxmajster’s question about news yesterday has me thinking about this, perhaps if you’re in a trade preceding news use more aggressive stops, I tend to use aggressive stops so perhaps not an issue with me).]

At this time, after 9 in the chart, I am looking for an entry into the market and trade the second break. I was looking for a double doji but did not get one, but second breaks are just as good if not better since double doji’s more often than second breaks turn into blocks (at this time this last statement is just opinion, in other words I have no statistics to back this up). Anyway I took the trade and it hit my 10 pip target. Reaching the target may have been assisted by the import number but by that time a break even stop, just above technical levels, was in.

Note that as Mike suggests I asked the second question as well.

Chart

Bravo.

Myself I missed the (as mentioned) trade @ 3, IRB followed ARB.

Wow, are you teaching your daughter Forex trading so earlier? Do you want her to be a trader when she grows up? Forex trading is so tough for any age and it's amazing to see you start training her so early.

Yes, I think is good make her doing something that is related to work.

I wished myself that I had somebody to teach me how to trade.

4xma

How do you trade?

Last edited:
1st trade of the day, scratched and I know what I did wrong, connot explain now, I am trading.

Attachments

• 12:4 1.png
    12:4 1.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 235
This is my third trade of the day, second lost 10 pips, third one gained 12.5.

I have included 2 charts because Fox is like San Tommaso.

Attachments

• 12:4 3.png
    12:4 3.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 230
  • fox.png
    fox.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 214
LOL, not cheating, why should I? Just to cheat on myself? and I am a bit surprise that you doubt that, to be honest.

And this is my trade, viewed on the 5 minutes TF, because Oanda does not go back as much on the 30 seconds TF.

LOl, joke. I was talking about copying trade from your daughter... :LOL:

Yes. And with some brokers (MB Trading included) you just provide username/password and you get the feed. Though did not managed to get tick charts, at least it does not look ok...

I sent them an email, they said:
"Unfortunately, DDE based connections are not supported at this time though this is something which our development staff is looking in to. Please review our preferred broker list and let me know if you have any questions."

Yes. And with some brokers (MB Trading included) you just provide username/password and you get the feed. Though did not managed to get tick charts, at least it does not look ok...

Just to let you know, MB trading, they have a platform called DeskPro, which have tick charts, but the demo is like a dog, did not seam it was working properly, not sure.

(y)
Especially good for live trading, incomparable to my demo with similar results.

You get there, is just of matter of time.

Since I am very selective with my trades, I cannot get a losing day, today is one of the worst day for a while and I am up about 1%.

When you start to trade live, I suggest that you risk 0.1% per trade, if at the end of the day, you close with profit, next day you risk 0.2% per trade, if you have a losing day, the following day you risk again 2% per trade, until you get to 1%. Once you get to 1 % you remain there.

You should start with a small account, if at the end of the month you are in good profit, you may add more capital and so on.

Also when you know your game inside out, you can risk as much as 2% per trade, but not more than that.

The following was clearly a bad trade, I got out break even once I noticed my mistake, consciously rid myself of all thoughts of hope, then took my error seriously, see the circle, at the 40 level indicating support at the bottom of the bull flag. Also looking at the more textbook type block breakouts, you want price action to be closer to the edge of the block just prior to the breakout, but PA was >2 pips above for the last 4 bars before the breakout. Perhaps the block was a bit small, the pattern approaching the look a double doji rather than a BB so maybe I should have waited for the block to build up more tension or touch the 20 ema before taking the trade. Also maybe the market was not giving the best signals and I read too much into the news induced spike up just prior to my trade.

Also an important point quoting Bob, p. 151, "Currency trading, like it or not, is a big players game, and the 50-level is arguably their favorite toy." These areas are definitely "unfavorable conditions" type areas.

I think that if you took out all numbers and lines that an experienced EUR/USD price action trader might be able to look at a chart and pick out the 50-levels.

Trade should not have been taken during "unfavorable conditions." Lesson learned, hopefully.

Chart

Attachments

• eur-usd-4-12-12-1025to1310-50-level.PNG
    eur-usd-4-12-12-1025to1310-50-level.PNG
    33.2 KB · Views: 210