Predicting future FX support and resistance levels using mathematics

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD results for 25th Jan

Last night I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today.

EURGBP and EURUSD VRM levels were on the website

https://www.complexhamiltoniansystems.com/fxcharts/

Here are the results for GBPUSD.

First pair of charts. Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute chart, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Second pair of charts. Weekly VRM levels in the top 3 hour chart, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

GBPUSD rallied from the highest sentiment level 1.4224 to level 1.4329. Attempted a second breakthrough of the weekly level 1.4295 before collapsing to level 1.4085.

The three hour candlestick chart with weekly levels top show how the market was contained between levels 1.4295 and 1.4195 before today's collapse.

There were some large gaps between VRM levels to trade between.

Attachments

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD predictions for 26th January

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 26th January in New York.

The predictions are now in chart format and CSV format for input into charting systems. Predictions are in the column format of date, high, low, close, trend channel top, bottom and middle and 24 dual columns for the VRM levels. The last entry gives today's predictions and this week's predictions. The CSV file also gives past results for the VRM for back testing trading strategies. As the current day and week have not finished, the high, low and close entries are set to zero for these dates. The FX chart corresponds to the last daily and weekly CSV file entries.

Documents describing the Volatility Response Model (VRM) and the chart format can be found on the first post of this thread.

Predictions for VRM levels of EURGBP and EURUSD and 10 other FX pairs can be found at

Attachments

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD results for 26th Jan

Thursday night I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for yesterday.

Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute chart, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

Low for the day was at daily sentiment level 1.4106
The market retraced from daily level 1.4191 to weekly level 1.4166 before surging to the daily high.
High for the day was at daily level 1.4284

Attachments

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD predictions for 29th January

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 29th January in New York.

The predictions are now in chart format and CSV format for input into charting systems. Predictions are in the column format of date, high, low, close, trend channel top, bottom and middle and 24 dual columns for the VRM levels. The last entry gives today's predictions and this week's predictions. The CSV file also gives past results for the VRM for back testing trading strategies. As the current day and week have not finished, the high, low and close entries are set to zero for these dates. The FX chart corresponds to the last daily and weekly CSV file entries.

Documents describing the Volatility Response Model (VRM) and the chart format can be found on the first post of this thread.

Predictions for VRM levels of EURGBP and EURUSD and 10 other FX pairs can be found at

Attachments

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD results for 29th Jan

Yesterday I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today.

Weekly VRM levels in the top 30 minute chart, daily VRM levels in the bottom 30 minute chart. Times are GMT-4 . EMA channel (4,7) included.

High for the day was at VRM daily level 1.4159. I have the daily high as 1.41593.
Low for the day was at weekly trend channel top level 1.4024 . I have the daily low as 1.40249.

Attachments

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD predictions for 30th January

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 30th January in New York.

Attachments

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD results for 30th Jan

Last night I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for today.

Low for the day was at daily trend channel middle level 1.3997
High for the day was at weekly sentiment level 1.4169

Attachments

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD predictions for 31st January

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 31st January in New York.

Attachments

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD results for 31st Jan

I attach the results for GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD to show how arbitrage is coordinated with the respective VRM levels.

GBPUSD low for the day was at weekly sentiment level 1.4123
GBPUSD high for the day was at daily level 1.4228

Notice how GBPUSD falls at 3 am from level 1.4211 to 1.4123 while EURGBP rallies from level 0.8762 to level 0.8817. Then at 6 am GBPUSD rallies from its daily low to its daily high while EURGBP falls to its daily low at level 0.8742.

Attachments

Last edited:

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD predictions for 1st February

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 1st February in New York.

Attachments

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD results for 1st February

Low for the day was at the highest weekly sentiment level 1.4169
Rallied to the daily levels 1.4252 and 1.4256
Then fell back to the sentiment level 1.4190 before finally breaking through 1.4256

Attachments

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD predictions for 2nd February

I attach the VRM predictions for GBPUSD for tonight and tomorrow finishing 5 pm 2nd February in New York.

Attachments

gka

Established member
764 13
GBPUSD EURGBP & EURUSD results 2 February - NON FARM PAYROLL

Thursday night I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for yesterday, non farm payroll day.

Here are the results for GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD.

GBPUSD high for the day was at daily sentiment level 1.4270. The highest daily sentiment level.

GBPUSD low for the day was at daily sentiment level 1.4103. Just below the short term daily trend channel middle.

I attach the EURGBP and EURUSD charts to show how these FX pairs coordinate their price action about their respective VRM levels as GBPUSD trends, retraces and reverses.

I also attach the 5 minute chart of GBPUSD to show in more detail the price action about the VRM levels from the announcement of the non-farm payroll at 9:30 (GMT-4) through to market close in New York.

Attachments

Mysteron

57 9
Thursday night I attached the predicted support and resistance levels of GBPUSD of the Volatility Response Model (VRM) for yesterday, non farm payroll day.

Here are the results for GBPUSD, EURGBP and EURUSD.

GBPUSD high for the day was at daily sentiment level 1.4270. The highest daily sentiment level.

GBPUSD low for the day was at daily sentiment level 1.4103. Just below the short term daily trend channel middle.

I attach the EURGBP and EURUSD charts to show how these FX pairs coordinate their price action about their respective VRM levels as GBPUSD trends, retraces and reverses.

I also attach the 5 minute chart of GBPUSD to show in more detail the price action about the VRM levels from the announcement of the non-farm payroll at 9:30 (GMT-4) through to market close in New York.

So I presume that you are making loads of money using your technique for predicting levels, and that you post here for altruistic resons to help others see the light?

If thats not the case then what are you hoping to achieve from these posts? A job offer maybe, that someone will see a skill to employ? :cool:

gka

Established member
764 13
So I presume that you are making loads of money using your technique for predicting levels, and that you post here for altruistic resons to help others see the light?

If thats not the case then what are you hoping to achieve from these posts? A job offer maybe, that someone will see a skill to employ? :cool:
This algorithm has not been going for very long. I first posted on 17th December requesting....

"I am looking for FX traders for feedback, discussions and opinions on the VRM predictions. To this end I will post predictions in this thread as markets progress."

Initial feedback was negative...support and resistance levels cannot be calculated mathematically. I persisted in presenting the predictions and results and now there seem to be quite a few views and not many comments. I myself am a mathematician and not a professional FX trader so I am learning the ropes as they say.

Here in Canada huge leverage is not allowed and margins are high. That means you need more initial capital and trading time in Canada to start earning a reasonable income. Maybe that is why European companies such as eToro do not take clients in North America.

With the posts on T2W there is some sort of track record with predictions and then results. And yes I would be interested in teaming up with a research group to take the maths further.