Praying won't help you...

Thats the kind of generalising sweeping statement that stops these kind of conversations teaching you anything. Until you learn to entertain other people's beliefs you can't even strengthen your own.

What PROOF do Atheists offer to support the argument that God does not exist?
The answer is: none.
Basically, since they can't prove that God exists they reach the fallacious conclusion that he doesn't.
That's what I mean when I said that they didn't do their homework.

On the other hand, there is enough information, if you have a few years to spend diligently researching the subject, to prove that God does exist.

could you demonstrate this "proof"?

The information necessary to prove this is out there.
It takes a while to put the pieces together and unless one is well versed in this info. it is unlikely that it would be easily understood. Also, it would take too long to get into a discussion here of how it can be proven.
But if you are interested in this subject, there is enough information on the subjects of: mind/brain/consciousness on the internet to enable you to put the pieces together.

i once was interested in the subject, i pursued this at university level and part of this was looking at arguments for God existing. I quickly realized though it was a waste of time as you have just demonstrated, there are some things i'll never know and can never prove, and i can verify that is a complete waste of time trying to as well.

There is a human need to want to identify and associate with something beyond rationality and proof.
Almost certainly this emanates from the individual's sense of alienation from the vastness of life and the universe and his/her sense of helplessness in the face of such awe inspiring complexity and incomprehensibility.
Of this religion was born.
And myths.
And fairy tales.
And flying saucers.

Richard

I wodered when you would come along and say something truthful and sensible like you do on a lot of threads mr charts.

First Jesus not God , Jesus is a prophet , Quran didnt change at all , God said in Quran which means in english : (( Surely We have revealed the Reminder and We will most surely be its guardian ))
Old copies from Quran is out there, some copies old 1400 years , there is no change , the ( eloquence ) language of the Quran cannot be edited at all . millions of copies out there all the same , million and millions of muslims memorise the whole Quran and they have the real chain from them to the prophet Mohmad , they read the same Quran . Huge number of books talked about the quran , and explained the Quran , they all quote from the same Quran , no change and no diffrence .
Arab in Mecca b4 Quran care about poetry and Arabic language , but when Quran came they were stunned , some closed there ears cuz they dont want to hear it cuz if they hear it they will belive in Quran , it has very nice and strong language , u cannot replace a word with its defintion it will give another meaning . Arabic man b4 1400 years couldnt know the expansion of the universe or the big bang or the positions of the stars how it is very far ...
God forgives to whom he wants , who deserve forgiveness but he doesnt forgive everything , God said in Quran which means : (( Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed ))

Arabic man cannot read or write couldnt come with this Quran

Considering 90% of what the quran says comes from the the old testament.
it must be a jewish conspiracy to enslave the arabic people

and of course it would be given to a man who is illerate.
If it were given to intelligent knowledge person, he would question it

Arabic man cannot read or write couldnt come with this Quran

Considering 90% of what the quran says comes from the the old testament.
it must be a jewish conspiracy to enslave the arabic people

Arabs and Jews are brothers but they know not... Descendants of Abraham...

Richard's comment has a lot to commend it.
Most people are uncomfortable with the prospect of being ultimately resonsible for themselves, as an adult male I accept responsibility for myself and my family - I will do what it takes to ensure they are fed, clothed, sheltered. If I dug ditches for a living at X pounds an hour I would stagger into work every day I could draw breath to do so, and I have always believed that nobody is responsible for the wellbeing of my family other than myself. (Good news for the social security peeps there then).

Not everyone is confident in their own ability to stand up to life and its vagaries, some folk have the strength but lack the confidence, and they invent deities to believe in so they can keep doing what they have to whilst having a fallback position they will hopefully never need to call on.

It's a logical absurdity to claim 'there is no God, because you cannot prove God exists', it is equally absurd to claim 'there is a God, because you cannot prove God does not exist'. Anyone who doesn't grasp the truth of this paragraph is, frankly, a bloody idiot.

If I were God I would be very upset at the low standard of repesentation I was getting on here (barring one notable exception)... don't quote 'tales to keep Dark Ages farmers happy' as 'proof' please, it's a complete insult - spacetime is expanding, reverse the expansion and 14 billion years ago all of spacetime occupied a volume equivalent to that of a grapefruit, explain that sensibly please instead of waffling about how it's all too much to post here and we're all heathens.

I'm not an atheist, because I accept that IF God exists then he* exists outside of my Universe, and I therefore cannot observe him in any meaningful manner, in fact I'm very hard pressed to even philosophise about him. I am completely sure that nothing I've read here has led me to believe in God to the slightest degree more than I did 2 weeks ago....

I'm appalled at the lousy arguments put forward by the believers on here, why are all the cogent and logical arguments coming from the atheists - don't the believers care if they win or not?

*(I may not be atheist, but I AM a reincarnation of Les Dawson, so God IS a he)

Last edited: