Praying won't help you...

Dave,
I'm a bit lost with your post #220 and if I am the Richard you are speaking to.
My post was merely an allusion to an acrimonious thread way back when Skills Leverage asked a riddle about a plane taking off unpowered on an infinite runway on a conveyor belt.....you did well to miss it ...........
Richard

Richard,
sorry - missed the acrimonious thread (sounds like I was wise to)... I was suggesting that when you'd mastered the art of trading, the last thing you need to do is look at something that seems to support the 'random walk' idea, as undermining your own confidence in your ability to make sense from a price chart wouldn't be the brightest thing to be doing to yourself....

On the other hand, a few folk on here could do worse that start bolting bits of meccano together and sourcing suppliers of paper rolls....

http://www.neilstrauss.com/survivalmyths.pdf

Praying won't move the markets obviously but according to Strauss...

Studies of the traits of survivors have noted one thing they had in common was prayer, even if they didn't necessarily believe in God. Prayer helps keep one's thoughts organized and mind focused. After all, the greatest survival skill one can have is to avoid panicking in an emergency, and instead to stay calm, organized, focused, decisive, and determined.

I should note, I'm not advocating prayer and not particularly religious...just found this somewhat interesting. :)

"Either stay close to God or close to the Devil, anything in between diminishes the sense of faith within ones self, and for ones self."

Paul. Chapter9. V9. (The Trading Bible)

it has to be an exhilarating view to see a daredevil naturalist, calm, organized, focused, decisive, and determined... being eaten by a crocodile :devilish:

ehm, if being "calm, organized, focused, decisive, and determined..." is a trait of survivors, the daredevil naturalist, being eaten by a crocodile, wouldn't qualify - and hence unlikely be "calm, organized, ..."