Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked you all here on Thursday and Friday why the FTSE was a sell. Technically (and that is what we are all trading on) we are trending upwards and had broken resistance.

Now intraday it looks a good sell (4299 fut) but you would want stops above the cash high of 4350 (which is actually a stop of 4360 on SB account due to the Futs/cash being out of sync on the open)

I can see the Future going up to near the highs in the next few minutes though, for me it's just whether we break or not

I asked you all here on Thursday and Friday why the FTSE was a sell. Technically (and that is what we are all trading on) we are trending upwards and had broken resistance.

Now intraday it looks a good sell (4299 fut) but you would want stops above the cash high of 4350 (which is actually a stop of 4360 on SB account due to the Futs/cash being out of sync on the open)

I can see the Future going up to near the highs in the next few minutes though, for me it's just whether we break or not

Is this the dictionary definition of irony? Someone working for an SB company, advising potential "clients" on which way to go?

LOL

I love you Goose

;)

Surely Goose should be posting on a scalping thread..."yes take 300 trades a day(and we'll take 300 turns!!!)

I'm watching this VERY carefully.

We are ON this long term TL.

I think a good break to the upside is on the cards here.

Attachments

• ng.gif
    ng.gif
    17.3 KB · Views: 287
Is this the dictionary definition of irony? Someone working for an SB company, advising potential "clients" on which way to go?

LOL

I love you Goose

;)

I'm not your average Spread Betting employee :)

When i'm on this thread please forget I am on the 'dark side' I'm here for my own interests!

That wasn't a dig on the gold by the way - just affirming my buy on big dips comment. It really would please me to see it tank, it's almost a mindset that you can't go wrong with it. Like property...

Come into the office and i'll show you natural gas after the weekend I just had

This is going to be a dull wait until America opens.

Big double top on crude yesterday. Not in it but on the radar

Hi there.

What do you think about wheat now?

Hi Pavelsg,

Wheat is ranging on the daily TF right now. The long entry I called on here is circled on the chart.

I'd look to add to longs if the market action shows buying support on a retest of the resistance above. Or, possibly go short at that area if price action indicates.

Attachments

• w.gif
    w.gif
    22 KB · Views: 240
Goose are you still long GBPJPY after the weekend? Moved my stop to 147.600 this morning.

As it seems a bit quiet this morning I thought I'd mention a point worth noting, especially for the newbies.
I got stopped out of USDJPY at 98.650 yesterday after a very nice run up from last tuesdays daily pin. Executing trades with these mechanical methods is so much easier on the emotions, far easier than guessing where to exit...and for the first time ever I was perfectly happy for the trade to end there, none of this "oh crap I've closed the position and now it's gone "parabolic" or leaving it to watch the large profit become a loss...in fact I would never have got to being a large profit with my old strategy as I would have exited as soon as it printed a slightly bearish bar after my first target.

Newbies take note - this stuff seriously does work, just follow the rules 100% - I've been down every road in an effort to get consistantly profitable and it's tough, but the guys on here really do what it says on the tin. I now take far fewer trades, my losses are very small and my gains are very healthy...I'm not going to blow any more sunshine up certain arses but you know who you are so thanks again guys....(and girl!)

Last edited:
tradedays, you trail your stop under previous days candle ?

As long as it keeps posting higher highs and higher lows, I also try to refine this by using the 4hr and count back 2 or 3 bars then place it just under lowest low in that region (or highest high on a short) - sometimes this puts the stop lower than the previous days candle. Once I have profit locked in, I find it much easier emotionally to detach myself from the possible profit above (or below) my stop, if it comes that's great, if not I am happy that I would have been positioned to take the bigger move had it happened....

Goose are you still long GBYJPY after the weekend? Moved my stop to 147.600 this morning.

No, closed on Friday. Didn't want to hold it over the weekend as I didn't want to sit on the computer over the bank holiday. I do that enough as it is. I'll get lambasted for that but it was a nice trade, made more ticks than I thought it would, everyone here thought it was due a retracement and it's not a pair I would normally touch.

No, closed on Friday. Didn't want to hold it over the weekend as I didn't want to sit on the computer over the bank holiday. I do that enough as it is. I'll get lambasted for that but it was a nice trade, made more ticks than I thought it would, everyone here thought it was due a retracement and it's not a pair I would normally touch.

I'd have to agree with the view it's looking to retrace at this level (I just didn't look over the weekend!) But in my new cold mechanical trading disguise I will wait for it to happen - it's now got above where I initially targeted so what the hell....I'll play ICEMAN a little longer!!

Used this approach before, crashed and burned wasn't pretty - but this time...looking good so far...TOP GUN-top movie...

Last edited:
I'd have to agree with the view it's looking to retrace at this level (I just didn't look over the weekend!) But in my new cold mechanical trading disguise I will wait for it to happen - it's now got above where I initially targeted so what the hell....I'll play ICEMAN a little longer!!

Used this approach before, crashed and burned wasn't pretty - but this time...looking good so far...TOP GUN-top movie...

"What's their range now? If they break, launch the alert five aircraft."

Flying jets is just like trading...........wahaha

Go Iceman ...

I might even start calling my stops "the hard deck"!

Great balls of fire!

Sorry Goose - I seem to have hijacked your topgun profile theme...sorry mate!

wahahahahah

"hard deck my ass, we nailed that son-of-a-bitch" (y)

I might even start calling my stops "the hard deck"!

Great balls of fire!

Goose - I seem to have hijacked your topgun profile theme...sorry mate!

As Viper said "if you had to go into battle, would you want him with you?"

I know the hourly PA for GBPJPY is tempting but it was in a 4hrly bullflag/wedge and has broken up. Im still very bullish sterling but open to what happens ... they are v big levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.