Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's harsh. Lucky Omni and I are mates (or were until I wrote that ;))

I just put it because I know that with some swing traders (especially some that charge money for their calls and lessons - no names mentioned) there is a lot of hurrah and back slapping when someone calls a 50 pip move.

And then Omni has written: "50 ticks profit is nothing to write home about, that is a failed trade in my view."

At any rate it's all relative to the way you trade and stop sizes used etc

But I sincerely agree with what he has written.

I was joking - c**t's a great word... I use it all the time, but mainly reserve it for use on politicians - And I'm sure omni will have ample opportunity in the future to express his love for you too!

Dante,
wheat, are there any other conditions for enter?

For me, it would need to break that daily inside candle in the pit session (not the electronic).

Also you might want to lower your risk to less than you usually allocate per trade, as this market has a tendency to gap and you don't want to get caught on the wrong side of one of them.

Bear in mind this is a PURE CHART PLAY.

Fundamentally, this market is still weak and the upside looks limited.

Bearish candle imo. Also close held below the trendline.

EDIT: Infact, EG, GU, GJ etc etc all showing these.

Attachments

• is it me or is this bearish....jpg
    is it me or is this bearish....jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:
For me, it would need to break that daily inside candle in the pit session (not the electronic).

Also you might want to lower your risk to less than you usually allocate per trade, as this market has a tendency to gap and you don't want to get caught on the wrong side of one of them.

Bear in mind this is a PURE CHART PLAY.

Fundamentally, this market is still weak and the upside looks limited.

Does "Fundamentally" mean highest time frame or something else?

I think I'd better stay away yet.

And then Omni has written: 50 pips is a failed trade.

Funny that. Any of my trades that net less than 40 pips go into my records as a loss. Reminds me to stop scratching around on the floor like a mongrel for scraps when there's a juicy spit roast on the table above.

Mmm... Spit roast. That reminds me of [insert inappropriate anecdote here.]

You still in? :)(y)

no phil bailed out to early again lol

was short eur/jpy till the 8am pin at s/r so bailed it too

I think position trading suits me better but love looking at the 4H/1H to get a tighter entry
but when i place tight stops they are normally hit then the trade gos ballistic jpy pairs look like they will head south (n)

thats gotta turn around here... hasnt it?

support, wedge, doji, nice round number and rejection...

At 7800 i would expect it to stop at the red traffic light, until then, i am thinking it is an upobstructed motorway going south.......

If its "gotta turn around here" it means doing a u'eee..... that's illegal on most motorways and tricky to perform.........why not just drive to junction 7800 and turn there, ie. 100 meters away ;)

At 7800 i would expect it to stop at the red traffic light, until then, i am thinking it is an upobstructed motorway going south.......

If its "gotta turn around here" it means doing a u'eee..... that's illegal on most motorways and tricky to perform.........why not just drive to junction 7800 and turn there ;)

makes sense... Probably why I keep entering and exiting trades too early. I must be placing too much emphasis on the analysis alone and not considering basic logic or allowing much breathing space.

and i never even considered if yesterdays 2 pm pin would have any affect when wall st opens because it got spat back.

Last edited:
Funny that. Any of my trades that net less than 40 pips go into my records as a loss. Reminds me to stop scratching around on the floor like a mongrel for scraps when there's a juicy spit roast on the table above.

Mmm... Spit roast. That reminds me of [insert inappropriate anecdote here.]

this sums up most of my trades lately lol

makes sense... Probably why I keep entering and exiting trades too. I must be placing too much emphasis on the analysis alone and not considering basic logic or allowing much breathing space.

Or maybe because you are:

scared of losing?

scared of giving back gains?

love the excitement of entering a new position?

impatient?

over analysing?

unsure of what you are doing?

Almost all of us are, or have been, prone to these things at some point.

If its "gotta turn around here" it means doing a u'eee..... that's illegal on most motorways and tricky to perform.........why not just drive to junction 7800 and turn there, ie. 100 meters away ;)

Cracking post

Status
Not open for further replies.