Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought I'd post this to show the lengths IG markets will go to when they want to kill your stops and steal from you...

Berstads I know

Attachments

• robbery.JPG
    robbery.JPG
    163.3 KB · Views: 202
Last edited:
You still on demo mate? And just because it's on the charts doesn't actually mean it was on the platform...(or if so they would put you back in).

Just thought I'd post this to show the lengths IG markets will go to when they want to kill your stops and steal from you...

not sure if this is correct aaron "blips on the chart" if this happened on an open trade you should have a case against ig check the pairs on prorealtime eod data

pat

I wasnt trading it I've only been live for a few weeks. That was on the actual platform not demo. I know you could probably get it back but wtf is going on? What they up to for that to happen?

I wasnt trading it I've only been live for a few weeks. That was on the actual platform not demo. I know you could probably get it back but wtf is going on? What they up to for that to happen?

u sure?

edit: trying to get chart on

Attachments

• your such a nub.jpg
    your such a nub.jpg
    282.5 KB · Views: 221
To be fair, it does say data is 'indicative'

There's no way they would fill you on a spike/blip/rogue price like that. And if they did, it would be a huge error which they would happily put right. SBer talking here!

Phil - you're (and you repped someone the other day on this!!!)

Last edited:

Berstads I know

I got stopped out on a trade a few months back, with something very similar to your post. I was viewing a different charting platform at the time which showed no spike so I called them and they checked it out, apologised and put me straight back in. My advice to anyone getting caught out like this is to check on a different chart first, (they checked on bloomberg) then call them. It really shouldn't be an issue if its an error.

u sure?

edit: trying to get chart on

Limited risk account mate. They know exactly what theyre doing. You can only place stops as far as your equity allows and the stop is guaranteed (paid for by extra 30 pips on the spread).

Thats the second chart I've seen that's diff to one of yours. There's one of those spikes on GBPCAD as well.

I got stopped out on a trade a few months back, with something very similar to your post. I was viewing a different charting platform at the time which showed no spike so I called them and they checked it out, apologised and put me straight back in. My advice to anyone getting caught out like this is to check on a different chart first, (they checked on bloomberg) then call them. It really shouldn't be an issue if its an error.

Mate they've used your money for something.

It hasnt happened to me yet... Nah tbh they are quite nice over the phone and seem like they would take care of you.

To be fair, it does say data is 'indicative'

There's no way they would fill you on a spike/blip/rogue price like that. And if they did, it would be a huge error which they would happily put right. SBer talking here!

Phil - you're (and you repped someone the other day on this!!!)

Can you link me to the post where i said that, internet forums really really really **** up my English.

Totally agree, they wouldn't stop you from getting back in at the original price.

Also - 9 minutes til budget, tight stops ftw.

Something similar happened to me with paddypowertrader. I was spiked out in a EUR/USD trade in open market (although not quite so dramatic) and despite complaining and asking for any evidence of such a price movement elsewhere they would not budge. All data/charting I researched showed no such 'spike'

I withdrew all my funds immediately and moved elsewhere.

Mate they've used your money for something.

It hasnt happened to me yet... Nah tbh they are quite nice over the phone and seem like they would take care of you.

20-04-2009, 04:53 PM #5668 (permalink)
Blue Ruin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genics
your all gay

you're

The post above is recommended by: pelzar , KillPhil08 , MrGecko

Berstads I know

I'd guess that's just a technical flaw in the data as Simon from CS has said and i'm sure GOOSE has as well, most SB's have a model that automatically tracks the underlying price and i believe thre was a post regarding Alpari which said they recieve prices from 5 providers and get 1000 quotes a minute or something, so if one comes through wrrong it will "blip" the price for a second and IG's price may follow suit, but there is not someone sat at a desk chasing your 50p per point pushing the price dwon 50 pips.

If Sb's are such *******s go DMA.

Now back to potential setups not tuck ups!

anyone got any stupid bets on the budget?
apparently you could have got 75-1 on Darling saying 'gambling'. 25's now
i'm tallying the number of 'recessions' and 'taxes'

You really don't like them do you....

Guys,
I use IG when I spreadbet (7years old account)...... they have NEVER phuked me, not once. Would be surprised if anyone on here can find a legitimate phukking.
And those charts with spikes are not true - on occasion a price "blips" out but it is soon corrected. The market never actually traded there and your trades will all still be in place. Do not fret.

Guys,
I use IG when I spreadbet (7years old account)...... they have NEVER phuked me, not once. Would be surprised if anyone on here can find a legitimate phukking.
And those charts with spikes are not true - on occasion a price "blips" out but it is soon corrected. The market never actually traded there and your trades will all still be in place. Do not fret.

Yeah they're okay. They phone me all the time and make sure I'm okay

Budget

Well thats certainly changed the picture.

Anything paired with the pound on the hourlys look like the IG chart Aaron posted earlier!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.