Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fingers in ears lol, I haven't tried that, but I can see it being a widely used strategy. Thanks!

Fundamentally I have my fingers in my ears.

Technically I'd like to see some consolidation here, confirmation of 14600 as new support, and maybe a cheeky bit of price action so I can add more.

killphil08 should be in ADVFN. People of his sort hang out there. I have no time for lowlives like him.
My question is for traders not p***heads.

Eurgbp

Hi all, new to this particular thread so hope you don't mind me joining in.

I'm not in it but i think EURGBP is at a key position. It's break south of 0.9144 was the break of the Weekly IB and i had 0.9150 as key area of S/R as well.

Will be interesting what comes out from this afternoon's ECB meeting but i'll be looking at 0.9150 to become new resistance with possible support at 0.900 over the next week of so (if it doesn't completely tank from where it is now that is!)

eurgbp.gif

Hi all, new to this particular thread so hope you don't mind me joining in.

I'm not in it but i think EURGBP is at a key position. It's break south of 0.9144 was the break of the Weekly IB and i had 0.9150 as key area of S/R as well.

Will be interesting what comes out from this afternoon's ECB meeting but i'll be looking at 0.9150 to become new resistance with possible support at 0.900 over the next week of so (if it doesn't completely tank from where it is now that is!)

View attachment 52868

One of Strat's lads?

Welcome aboard.

I've said before - that when fundamental news hits the market - be surprise news or otherwise, the large majority of the time, it will be IN YOUR FAVOUR if you trade this strategy well.

I do not know why that is but it is so.

Usdcad

Not seeing a first class setup here but thats not to say it doesn't have potential. I'm mostly concerned about the higher lows forming from this ascending triangle we've been in recently - theres a lot buying taking place in those dips which makes the whole pattern rather bullish. Additionally we are also running into some support created from candle highs back in early Feb.

I've stll entered short on break of this daily pin however, and will be watching closely for any signs of a reversal or a medium-term higher low.

Hope this is of some use to someone. ;)

Attachments

• USDCAD D.jpg
    USDCAD D.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 136
  • USDCAD W.jpg
    USDCAD W.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 177
I've stll entered short on break of this daily pin however, and will be watching closely for any signs of a reversal or a medium-term higher low.

Hope this is of some use to someone. ;)

I took this SS as well with two positions, just this minute closed my first at 1.2500 and moved stop to BE on the other - which was part of my original plan on this trade anyway, but i'm pleased i did as it doesn't seem to have the momemtum i'd expect from a daily SS.

Thanks Blue, sometimes i like to be mischevious and play 4 hour entries though, and Mr. O'Caster doens't allow that in his house!

He is quite the drill sergeant. I think there are a few others on this board that get their lower TF fix here on the sly.

Mum's the word...

FWIW, I don't think the ECB will announce their QE today.

Instead, they'll cut the headline rate to 1%, cut the deposit rate too (to 0.25%?), and extend the maturities of their refinancing operations (out to 1 year from the current 6 months?).

(no, I didn't think all this up myself, but I can't remember the source).

FWIW, I don't think the ECB will announce their QE today.

Instead, they'll cut the headline rate to 1%, cut the deposit rate too (to 0.25%?), and extend the maturities of their refinancing operations (out to 1 year from the current 6 months?).

(no, I didn't think all this up myself, but I can't remember the source).

this is where the money making opportunities lie... no one thought about fed announcing
and euro and treasuries just rallied like hell .. (y)

Maybe that cheeky PA is just around the corner now.

Fundamentally I have my fingers in my ears.

Technically I'd like to see some consolidation here, confirmation of 14600 as new support, and maybe a cheeky bit of price action so I can add more.

killphil08 should be in ADVFN. People of his sort hang out there. I have no time for lowlives like him.
My question is for traders not p***heads.

Very thin line between the two. Most traders have some type of addiction (alcohol abuse, fags, coke).

Anyhoo, I was eye-ing this up 2 days ago. Can't believe they left that post up...

Attachments

• something.jpg
    something.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 227
tried a long...red line is stop

Ok great trade. Although my view is that this pair is up with events today so if short terming it I'd be looking to be brutal on the exit sell into these high zones.

Good 70 odd pips there . Nice job. (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.