Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm gonna stick my neck out and say it won't trade a new low today
(but if we do it close on the low, it will be a bloodbath tomorrow)
Personally, i think we will see 7800-8000 by this time next week. Bloody good trade though TD!

LOL mate...I know your calls are good but there is no way on Gods green earth we are getting anywhere near 8000 by this time next week.

I think we will make a new low today - will be very, very surprised if we don't, although I suppose anything is possible. But no way we are getting up there.

well Dante/Claudia, we shall see.... you heard it here first. :)

I did also say the FTSE would finish up 100 today (whoops, but it has done bloody well against the other indices though)

Trader Dante (or anyone very familiar with the Making Money Trading post),

If you find a PB at a S/R pivot level with Fib confluence but the PB's nose pokes through these levels a bit is that still a good setup? Or do you prefer to see the nose of the PB just touch the level and not poke through it?

I noticed on an intro to Pin Bar's from the J16 method over at FF the document mentions the nose can poke trhough levels because it acts as a rejection of that level. Just wanted your opinion on this.

Thanks

well Dante/Claudia, we shall see.... you heard it here first. :)

I did also say the FTSE would finish up 100 today (whoops, but it has done bloody well against the other indices though)

I tell you what Goose, if we trade 7800 before we break below 7000, drinks are on me at a bar of your choice.

I'm not able to do it on my charts, but if you create a two day per bar chart is there a pin bar on the Dow (Mon & Tues )? I hope so , I bought at the lows today for a short rebound trade.

Dow H&S

I got out the dow bounce trade at 7240 ish ....
Do I now see a H&S forming on the 5min?

Attachments

• djia.jpg
    djia.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 146
I stuck with that bund short this morning and it came right back to the stop loss nearly and then fell away again. Net result - currently minus 2pips. If the indicies recover hopefully the daily bund pin will reap some rewards :)
Wish I'd stuck with the gold short now. Got out on a profit but didn't expect it to carry on falling today. Next stop 50% Fib at 903 region??

I stuck with that bund short this morning and it came right back to the stop loss nearly and then fell away again. Net result - currently minus 2pips. If the indicies recover hopefully the daily bund pin will reap some rewards :)
Wish I'd stuck with the gold short now. Got out on a profit but didn't expect it to carry on falling today. Next stop 50% Fib at 903 region??

Grim, 125.97 - 126.05 is a HUGE resistance on the Bund.

I have a rather large short position at the moment and sold some more today.

Well done for holding. Shorting below the pin (I sold at 125.37) wasn't the best entry (see Wasps and FW's post)...a better entry would have been a limit at the levels of 125.55 or 125.90s - ahead of the big resistance.

The reason I didn't do this was I really feel we are near a top and just didn't know if it was going to get up there.

Still, we are both in for now and this could develop into a killer trade.

My target is 121.50 initially.

Hi Trader_Dante
Thankyou for sharing your knowledge on here. I have read through your other thread and learnt loads! I've just started trading and am currently in small profit using the free fins £75 offer. I also have taken advantage of the shorts and longs £100 payback offer but notice that it is min £1 per point and the packback expires 2 weeks after you open the account. I presume that you will be looking for a high probability setup which has to have a max risk of £100. I respectfully ask if it would be possible to share which trade you are going to go for using the shorts and longs account which meets the critieria of the time and stops. Sorry if this seems demanding or anything, I really don't mean it like that, I just really want to learn and maximise the probability of getting off to a potentially good start. I understand that there in never any guarantee of making profit but if its not our money anyway then nothing lost!
Many thanks for all your help.

Mate, did you take either of my two calls this morning? If you did...I've got a stop on the S&P500 at 751.2 now instead.

Brent crude oil

Anyone else here looking to short the current oil rally?

I make this wave 3, I am looking for wave 5 to reach either the 45 mark (61.8 of the month swing high-low and S/R from ealier on in the year) or 46 which will take it to a descending daily trend line and daily EMA50. It is most likely I will just start shorting from above 45 upon 1-min topping formations. Tight stop. Target mid 30's.

Please keep in mind I am very bearish on oil, this trade is not for everyone.

Attachments

• brentcrude.jpg
    brentcrude.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 129
Anyone else here looking to short the current oil rally?

I make this wave 3, I am looking for wave 5 to reach either the 45 mark (61.8 of the month swing high-low and S/R from ealier on in the year) or 46 which will take it to a descending daily trend line and daily EMA50. It is most likely I will just start shorting from above 45 upon 1-min topping formations. Tight stop. Target mid 30's.

Please keep in mind I am very bearish on oil, this trade is not for everyone.

I hear 1 minute topping formations are ultra reliable.

Why we should all short the Bund.
1. Tom says so :)
2. Following on from my chart on the Bund this morning, an update. Channel break!
bund_25feb2009_002.gif

LOL..and equities steal the show again...by getting everyone bullish on a rally and then smashing the sh*t out of it.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.