Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesnt look like its going to happen for me! trade had a lot going for it tbh, just lacked the energy into the close coz of fed 2morow..caps off a pritty bad day really!

A lot going for it?! It looks to me like you bought a failed flag breakout and into major resistance!

Mind you, I have to say it hasn't really come off a lot considering...

Lj, I hope you took that Crude short - it's dropped almost 10%.

What a call.

Love the pin bars ;)

Unfortunately not TD. I've never traded Oil before but its great to see Price Action work out like that. Really only had one way to go with all that confluence.

maybe but my system was showing a potential break to that level aswell as a squeeze firing off, also the trin has been pritty bullish 2day considering..was looking for a nice false break out of that TL so it could be crunched 2morow in the fed

hit my target overnight, i was gona let it run overnight!! last time i let you lot make my doubt my posistions :p :p

Whatcha guys think!

Attachments

• neweurotrend.jpg
    neweurotrend.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 168
I was referring to resting orders bid below market / offered above market, with the exception of a technique similar to post # 2591 by trader_dante in this thread.

This is purely because at the moment I'm doing daytrades only where (for me anyway) the numbers in terms of risk/reward and money management stack up better than waiting for confirmation.

Nice site on Pin bars and price action stuff i found here..
Price Action Strategies

Guys, I feel a little concerned after seeing a few peoples posts saying that my calls have put them off and just had a talk with another person that advised me not to post as people may be following me and they may be losing money.

Please, please, do not follow anything I say. I am not saying that because I am sh*t at trading, I am saying that because you are not getting the full call. You are not getting initial exact stop positions, stop moves or exits for the most part. So by following my call you will always be one step behind.

I had someone asking me this morning if I am still short Dow after my last call overnight when in actual fact I came out without a loss and got long and am now up 135 ticks. None of this was written on the forum.

Again, I am sure most people are thinking "I wouldn't follow anyone else anyway" but I just need to warn you.

Never follow anyone else. Do your own thing.

And sorry if I have influenced anyone and it has affected their bottom line adversely. It was never my intention for that.

All the best,

Tom

Last edited:
I had someone asking me this morning if I am still short Dow after my last call overnight when in actual fact I came out without a loss and got long and am now up 135 ticks. None of this was written on the forum.

P.S. In the event anyone is thinking: "you lying &$%"

A small position though...as I said, I'm still not convinced this is the bottom but slowly feeling more bullish...

Attachments

• dow.jpg
    dow.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 189
Guys, I feel a little concerned after seeing a few peoples posts saying that my calls have put them off and just had a talk with another person that advised me not to post as people may be following me and they may be losing money.

I hope you continue to post. If people just follow you, one step or more behind, without making their own assessment of a trade, that is their problem. It was clear enough to me when I joined this thread that people were discussing potential set-ups but not offering complete recommendations including, as you say, entry and exit points and stop level. It was also clear that neither you nor anyone else was making formal trading recommendations. Those who post here are sharing knowledge and suggestions for possible trades that each can assess and make their own opinion on.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it very much, and also that of others on this thread.

Please, please, do not follow anything I say. I am not saying that because I am sh*t at trading, I am saying that because you are not getting the full call. You are not getting initial exact stop positions, stop moves or exits for the most part. So by following my call you will always be one step behind.

Again, I am sure most people are thinking "I wouldn't follow anyone else anyway" but I just need to warn you.

Never follow anyone else. Do your own thing.

And sorry if I have influenced anyone and it has affected their bottom line adversely. It was never my intention for that.

All the best,

Tom

dont worry about it, keep posting it is good..was good going head 2 head with you as such..guess i didnt have the cahoonas to comit ;)

you gona trade fed anouncement? im on the sidelines till then...

dont worry about it, keep posting it is good..was good going head 2 head with you as such..guess i didnt have the cahoonas to comit ;)

you gona trade fed anouncement? im on the sidelines till then...

I don't plan on trading the Fed but I do plan on adding to my longs if we come back to 8150 although can't see that happening.

gona be intresting, i would *expect* it to get crunched and head lower from the action we have seen later..but as we no fed can cause anything to happen and i will go what ever way it does!

IMO the thing to be watching out for is if they state they are going to begin buying up 30yrs as part of the QE

imo this is a total layup for a short, rallied to the 21 on light volume but as i said lets see what the fed says

Attachments

• ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 149
Just an alert that API has changed the time it releases Oil inventories to 21.30pm on Tuesdays as opposed to 15.30pm Wednesdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.