Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grim, although Im not in the desert and do have access to charts, Ive only done 4 trades since end of Sep. Your signature line is quite appropriate right now I think (y)

Attachments

• pic.gif
    pic.gif
    19.9 KB · Views: 236
Eur\chf

Hi Guys

Currently in the above trade, which is bouncing around my entry level. Just wanted to ask how long do you guys give a trade to work out before you cut it if it just keeps bouncing around?

(y) that looks like a nice setup, great confluence...

Well done Eltrot

I am in with a 120 point stop.

Fib 50% is confluencing with a strong resistance level, also, it really looks like the end of a retacement in a very baris market. This seems to be supported by fundamentals around too. And the beauty of this setup that you only have to check it tomorrow:)

Only worrying thing is the support unreneath at around 1.50652 will move stops in as we are getting there.

not the best place to put a stop...

Choc,

You are correct in your assertion. Have moved stop to above daily pin although I took the trade on the 4h pin. Will wait and see what happens although trade not looking good just now as there has been a huge retracement!

berti

Well done Eltrot

I am in with a 120 point stop.

Fib 50% is confluencing with a strong resistance level, also, it really looks like the end of a retacement in a very baris market. This seems to be supported by fundamentals around too. And the beauty of this setup that you only have to check it tomorrow:)

Only worrying thing is the support unreneath at around 1.50652 will move stops in as we are getting there.

Apparently the Swiss just cut interest rates, which explains this sudden move up

well, almost hit my stop.... holding on to it as nothing else can be done.

Yes this one tiny little bit of info changed the whole landscape isn't it?:)

well, almost hit my stop.... holding on to it as nothing else can be done.

Yes this one tiny little bit of info changed the whole landscape isn't it?:)

Hi HW

I am in the same position as yourself.......will just tough it out and seee what happens.
Hopefully it will come back down. I suppose these things happen in trading, though I must confess I knew nothing about swiss I\R decisions. As someone once said 'in trading, expect the unexpected'.

Hi HW

I am in the same position as yourself.......will just tough it out and seee what happens.
Hopefully it will come back down. I suppose these things happen in trading, though I must confess I knew nothing about swiss I\R decisions. As someone once said 'in trading, expect the unexpected'.

I'm also in this, as are most of the james16 thread - after a quiet couple of days i think everyone jumped on that one. Reckon there must be enough wishful thinking out there to force it down:cheesy:

I'm also in this, as are most of the james16 thread - after a quiet couple of days i think everyone jumped on that one. Reckon there must be enough wishful thinking out there to force it down:cheesy:

that is a good one:)

Feels much better knowing i am not sitting alone in this(y)

The lesson well learned again: always check at least the most basic announcements for the day regarding the pair you want to trade.

btw is coming down a bit.

that is a good one:)

Feels much better knowing i am not sitting alone in this(y)

The lesson well learned again: always check at least the most basic announcements for the day regarding the pair you want to trade.

btw is coming down a bit.

Accoring to the FF calender this was an unscheduled emergency meeting, so don't be too hard on yourself!

Hi guys,

Unlucky on that Eur/Chf trade :(

I know its hindsight but you have to be careful with these kind of setups and ask yourself before you take them how much room they have to move.

On the surface it looked like a good setup and I was tempted but I passed on it because of this S/R pivot.

Attachments

• eur_chf.gif
    eur_chf.gif
    15.4 KB · Views: 251
Any reason why you drew in the pivot there and not higher up, Tom?

I too would be keen to know why the ppz was drawn there td. Am a follower of J16 too and trying to get to grips with drawing these zones in the right places.:confused:

EurChf

Hi All

Regarding the EurChf Daily pin. Most would have had their stop a couple of pips above the high of the pin and been stopped out but something I have noticed when a level is retested like this the price often moves near to a previous high. Look at the bar circled in red. The high of this bar was 15376 ( on my charts ). The high today was 15365!

Hindsight is great and I was NOT in this trade but just wanted to point this out as it is something that I bear in mind when deciding on my stop and has saved me a couple of times in the past.

EurChf_Daily.JPG

I too would be keen to know why the ppz was drawn there td. Am a follower of J16 too and trying to get to grips with drawing these zones in the right places.:confused:

i shouldn.t really answer for td,but if i may,the line supports the chart i posted,2260,a little while ago,some times you have to look for reasons not to trade

Status
Not open for further replies.