Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good looking Pin on FTSE 4H.

So far so good FTSE has made a move up. Even the Non farm job change data only managed to halt it momentarily. Guess its up to the US boys now what happens.

My bearish pin on the 4hour EURUSD has failed with the spike up after the nonfarm employment number. I'm now trying to decide whether to cover my shorts of 1.5806 and 1.5830. I don't think the resistance around 1.5850 has been decisively broken yet and I would expect a retracement. Think I will hang on to see where NY trade goes.

non farm payrolls is out tomoz if it makes any diff. to you guys And ECB INTEREST RATES decision tomorrow too ,increase v likely, focus on how many this year. That with a thin market due to half day US could make for some scatty action.

Gbpusd

Hi All

Been quiet here lately.

I'm looking at GPBUSD on 4H at the moment

Attachments

• GBPUSD.JPG
    GBPUSD.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 182
speakin of gb/us,im also waitin for a break of this small wedge pattern(y)

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    36.2 KB · Views: 168
arghhhh got to go out, somebody make my trade for us ??;)

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 158
arghhhh got to go out, somebody make my trade for us ??;)

Jonj,
Interesting action on the GBPUSD 4 hour chart. Price has done a 50% fib. retracement (23rd June - 1st July) to round number area of 1.9800. This could also be a pivot point as we have resistance here on June 9 and June 20. I will watch for today and see if there is a good long entry on Monday - as Crap Buddist said, the US holiday today is likely to lead to some flaky moves.
NT

I was going to ask whether it was "safe" to trade today.. given holidays and all, but then realised its probably not safe to trade any day! :))

Jonj,
Interesting action on the GBPUSD 4 hour chart. Price has done a 50% fib. retracement (23rd June - 1st July) to round number area of 1.9800. This could also be a pivot point as we have resistance here on June 9 and June 20. I will watch for today and see if there is a good long entry on Monday - as Crap Buddist said, the US holiday today is likely to lead to some flaky moves.
NT

hi NT im back!,i agree,good point.
from my veiw though im finding it very hard to be bullish on this pair,i think the uptrend has at least for now come to an end?? on my chart the pair has recently broke a strong r/s level and has been (briefly i hope hehe)halted by the suport you have indicated and could well proove stong enough to reverse the price but i think it still has a way to go yet though(just mo)and has another strong level of suport around 197.60 which could be its next level.

EDIT: bare in mind i only demo trade!!
p.s. out for +14

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    35.3 KB · Views: 191
just noticed this 4h pin on e/j

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    34.9 KB · Views: 202
not exactly a set up but interesting.
looks like a good regection from strong suport,with the current usd slightly stronger might be worth watching.(y)
happy independence day everyone:cheesy:

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    39.4 KB · Views: 182
1h pin on gold could be ok!!:innocent:

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    35.8 KB · Views: 183
Not exactly a setup either, but look at the EURUSD 15m chart yesterday before the plunge, a pin! off round number 1.5900 which was a resistance level twice in March and again in April, 23pips risk and in 3hrs youde have been +180pips

Seeing that now reminded me (again!) to mark good levels up first and only trade off those levels. My last 5 trades have been losers or break evens + running 2 losers at the moment, this might be because my charts are a mess 5 metatraders + oanda with lines everywhere :LOL: time for a bit of tidying up at weekend I think (y)

hi pip,been watching e/u all week waiting ti short this pair,looks like its breakin suport as we speak.this is a major level imo and could signify big moves down??

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    31.7 KB · Views: 159
back in gb/us,will cover when stochs get lower.(hopefully :))

Attachments

• update.gif
    update.gif
    34.9 KB · Views: 163
hi pip,been watching e/u all week waiting ti short this pair,looks like its breakin suport as we speak.this is a major level imo and could signify big moves down??

hi jonj I think I shoulda done what you did, and use the weekly pin as a sign to watch out for chances to get short instead of just shorting the whole pin. Agree on the level, and that pin you posted earlier is looking good so far ;)

gb/us+out @ + 26.
got stung for -20 earlier trying too early(gonna change my name from jon j. to jon wayne!!)so this leaves me + 20(my theoretical daily target)
left my eu/us short to run for now as its free @+30ish and stop be

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.