Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found this chart I did a while back...

I need to stop jumping from demo account to demo account and keep rechecking my saved charts man

Attachments

• EURUSD.JPG
    EURUSD.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 198
gbpusd

0955 GMT [Dow Jones] After wednesday's GBP/USD collapse below 1.6425 and its key day reversal, Barclays Capital is toning down its bullish view on the rate. The bank says the reversal implies profit taking has begun, but the rate remaining above its 10-day MA at 1.6150 suggests the uptrend is faltering. BarCap looks for things to get choppy and erratic and says while a run toward 1.6830 should still be allowed for, its bias is to sell such a move, as the risk of a retest of 1.50 over the summer has just increased. GBP/USD now at 1.64. (GST)

0955 GMT [Dow Jones] After wednesday's GBP/USD collapse below 1.6425 and its key day reversal, Barclays Capital is toning down its bullish view on the rate. The bank says the reversal implies profit taking has begun, but the rate remaining above its 10-day MA at 1.6150 suggests the uptrend is faltering. BarCap looks for things to get choppy and erratic and says while a run toward 1.6830 should still be allowed for, its bias is to sell such a move, as the risk of a retest of 1.50 over the summer has just increased. GBP/USD now at 1.64. (GST)

BB,

What is the source mate?

EUR USD Short from 1.4225

Hi everyone. Had a horrible 2 weeks with my demo acct balance just going down further and further. However, I have finally started a profitable trade shorting EUR USD from 1.4224-ish. Saw what looked like the possibility of a big Head and Shoulders forming on the daily, 4hr and 1hr, so as usual went to 5 minute for better entries. Started out with 8 units and have progressively closed 5 units so far, so have 3 left in the trade and stop is now at break even at 1.4224.

My question of course is trade management. I have measured the top to the neckline of the H&S to be about 220 pips, and I suppose that is where the professionals would just set their take profit level, but I wonder if perhaps it might have much more in it than this. Currently looks like it is forming a mini H&S on the right shoulder, so if this eventuates before I have to go to sleep, then I may be brave and scale in some more. Would appreciate more experienced comments on when to scale out my 3 remaining units. The big level I see on the chart is 1.4000, but potentially this might even break that. EURUSD seems to have had a rapid run up, which I am hoping turns into a rapid swing down, which would go a long way to repairing my pride... and my trading balance!!

Addendum 1 @ GMT1246. Violent bounce off 1.412. Won't be surprised to see a retrace to 1.4185-1.4195 (50%fib of the latest downswing. I will be disappointed with much more than that, but at least my stop is at BE.

Regards, Chris Collins

Attachments

• EUR-USD1.GIF
    EUR-USD1.GIF
    122.6 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
gbpusd

Going into the Uk Boe/Mpc rate at 12noon london, Price is trading bwteen the 50% of the 6661-6207 [6433] fall and the 38.2% of the 6207-6433 rise [6348,] correct at time of writing.

G/L

14nmpab.gif

How reliable has this feed been in the past bb?

Also some charts for consideration. What you think.

1st chart is a revised version of the old one I found

2nd chart is a new fib started from up-trend. 61% confluence with support level for probable retest @ 3800

Also weekly may be pinning.

Anyone think this trade would fit in with what BBMac is saying about dollar strength?

Attachments

• eurusd s&r jun09.jpg
    eurusd s&r jun09.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 163
  • fib added eureud jun09.JPG
    fib added eureud jun09.JPG
    160.5 KB · Views: 160
How reliable has this feed been in the past bb?
Also some charts for consideration. What you think....1st chart is a revised version of the old one I found. 2nd chart is a new fib started from up-trend. 61% confluence with support level for probable retest @ 3800...Also weekly may be pinning.

Anyone think this trade would fit in with what BBMac is saying about dollar strength?

Hi,

1. The Newsfeeds carry general market info as well as specific views about specific instruments, and to that extent they are interesting/useful. I do not use them for signals to trade from, save for noting where the bid/offers and option barrier interest reported fits in with my own potential supp/res for added ' third party opinion ' confluence in repect of potential supp/res analysis.

2. I have posted a chart of Eurusd daily as I see it and highlighted the nearest term obvious imbalances of supply/demand then demand/supply that may act as potential rbs then supp (perhaps with other potential supp/res factors confluence like fibs/t-lines) on any extended pullback/reversal. I would be looking what happens at the first level if it is tested. (btw you have your fib on 2nd chart drawn the wrong way round)

3. I make no comment about $ strength I merely relay opinion. I do not take a view in my trading. I am a technical trader mostly on a 1min trigger, I do not need to take a view and in fact a fundamental view may hinder my ability to trade my set-ups with impunity which is what is required to get a trading edge to be profitable.

Attachments

• z.gif
    z.gif
    5.8 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
gbpusd

Strong demand at that 1hr potential rbs zone (previous swing hi) shown again circled in pic below. Nice 1min and 5min set-ups to get involved, 5min a divergence play (1min Rev Extr with supporting 5min Rev Aii for those that know my set-ups...5min is shown below.)

G/L for afternoon session

2cfv684.gif

b3tq52.gif

BB,

5min shows a box range wich broke down and now is using the previus support as resistance...

With 1HR and daily bias it would be a good sell isnt it?

Attachments

• Cable Box Range 5m0402.jpg
    Cable Box Range 5m0402.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 171
BB,

5min shows a box range wich broke down and now is using the previus support as resistance...

With 1HR and daily bias it would be a good sell isnt it?

The 5min box = a congestion channel just off the 6433 high (with daily pivot) in there. Yeh, congestion can act as potential sbr/rbs followuing a break and a re-test. Personally I had no technical set-up to sell on my trigger or intermediate t/f (1min and 5min) but did close out of a long there as a natural place with it's potential for resistance. On price action trigger alone there was a 5min inside bar and a 15min inverted hammer/pin (?)

Thanks for the explanation...

I dont know why but I undestood "go long for afternoon session" when you said "G/L for afternoon session"..

Reading again Good Luck makes more sense...

Ps: HOLY CRAP! What was that sell off?

i was just thinking that dante, "i wonder if brown just quit" lol

and surely that tard leaving should be bullish lol

I might have a crack at shorting the Nasdaq tomorrow.

Also looking for an hourly retracement to short GBP/USD, AUD/USD and buy USD/CAD.

Jesus. These worked out beautifully. All retraced to key levels but Cable was the easiest.

Cable retraced right to the 50% fib. Hourly IB at right shoulder.

Status
Not open for further replies.