Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally..

Attachments

• HS42 06052009.jpg
    HS42 06052009.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 211
The daily is not a pin on my feed, it is a big bullish engulfing candle.
I do like it long tho ...
Possible resistance at 75.30, 76.30 & 77.50

Yes those levels are good targets. Not sure why its not a pin on yours, im using fx pro. Did anyone see the shooting star on usd/chf hourly?

I'm long off the 3pm pin today

Thanks for the reps!! Got some profit locked in now after 6 trades in a row have gone wrong for me.

They all looked great at the time with pins, fib confluence, pivots etc. etc.

Interestingly, when I sat down again this morning and analysed them they all had one thing in common - they were all traded against the trend.....

I think I may have just learnt something

Is anyone looking at CADJPY? It looks to me as if it is rejecting a fairly key level. Not just resistance becomming support in the last month but a weekly pivot from 2004 - 2005.

Is anyone looking at CADJPY? It looks to me as if it is rejecting a fairly key level. Not just resistance becomming support in the last month but a weekly pivot from 2004 - 2005.

I have that level too and also the monthly 50 ma which might make it wobble.
But to me the trend and momentum is still up and any short could be a daily counter trend trade or a retracement.
Crude is still on fire and there is no new CAD news til employment numbers on Friday.

I have that level too and also the monthly 50 ma which might make it wobble.
But to me the trend and momentum is still up and any short could be a daily counter trend trade or a retracement.
Crude is still on fire and there is no new CAD news til employment numbers on Friday.

Sorry - I should have posted a chart!! I'm looking at the daily pin forming with a view to going long. Sadly I missed the 12pm pin today.....

090506 - DAILY.jpg

Last edited:
Can anyone please tell me if they took the Eur/Jpy short earlier on the 9am pin bar.

And if they had a STOP ORDER (i.e. DID NOT execute at market) what price it was triggered at?

I have been slipped 33 pips by VDM on a stop order which was placed at 131.29 and was executed at 131.62

MOTHER F*CKERS

'kin ell! He was probably wined and dined and given the full on "allow me to relieve you of your cash" treatment. As my old man once said to me - "never trust anyone wearing a tie!"

LOL
Nicolas Naseem Taleb said exactly the same thing in his book 'Black Swan' - essential reading for any trader. Never trust anyone in a tie.

Gotta love CAD employment figures - easiest news market to trade usually - look for the key level, wait for the hit, then fade it! ATM trade, usually.

I despise NFP week now - dull week, not much movement 'casue all the banks are waiting to skin the reatil traders at the end of the week - bandits (unless you follow the big money!)

LOL
Nicolas Naseem Taleb said exactly the same thing in his book 'Black Swan' - essential reading for any trader. Never trust anyone in a tie.

Really? and I thought my old man always talked b**locks!
I'd better read that book then....

I am taking it long. One thing: if we give a lot of weight to 2004-2005 pivots, then we are going long into a major resistance level at 84.93. Somehow i do not expect it to come into play, but I'll watch it carefully.

Attachments

• 2009-05-06 usdjpy w1.gif
    2009-05-06 usdjpy w1.gif
    14.9 KB · Views: 149
I am taking it long. One thing: if we give a lot of weight to 2004-2005 pivots, then we are going long into a major resistance level at 84.93. Somehow i do not expect it to come into play, but I'll watch it carefully.

I'll probably regret this but I'm not going to take it as it doesn't look right to me.......

Status
Not open for further replies.