Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Angel,
I would concur..... it is a great way to minimise risk (the aim of the game, surely.....)
Hope you are enjoying the $ / stock market weakness.......

Omni,

I focus all my trading now on the spot and metals market.

It's more relax than trading 3 and 5 Min time frame (Russel, SP 500, Nasdacq e-minis...etc....) as I did before.

But it's just my personal way of doing, not the best but not the least.

Thanks

Angel65

im begining to come round to superspurs way of thinking on the higher timeframes. have you had much success with the weeklies super??

yep,currently short WSM

Attachments

• wsm.gif
    wsm.gif
    17.5 KB · Views: 178
Portomar,
I am not Trader_Dante or SuperS, so cant speak for them..... but the daily and higher timeframes are 10x "easier" to get to grips with. And anyone else out there, drop the minute timeframes, and altho trader_dante trades the hourly..... i would drop that also. You can make just as much on the higher timeframes and have the beauty of holding positions for days/weeks/months while all the other guys (scalpers) are jumping in/out, missing setups, getting their hair fried..... 1hourly timeframes need to be watched so closely that i can only think of 1 person (trader dante) that manages to get out in profit.... seriously, it is super difficult to sit there churning out the pips on the hourly timeframes, tick by tick, i have been there, tried it, move back a timeframe or 2 and you have all the time in the world to pick the best setups and load up on positions.

Maybe someone else can say what they think? This is just my finding?
Plus, remember, Dante does this for a living..... who else has all day to scan graph after graph?

And for all of you that do make $$ on less than 4hr timeframes, i take my hat off to you!!

Anyone know what is going on with EUR/JPY? Got stopped out of my trade there, that has moved loads in the last 24 hours.

Portomar,
I am not Trader_Dante or SuperS, so cant speak for them..... but the daily and higher timeframes are 10x "easier" to get to grips with. And anyone else out there, drop the minute timeframes, and altho trader_dante trades the hourly..... i would drop that also. You can make just as much on the higher timeframes and have the beauty of holding positions for days/weeks/months while all the other guys (scalpers) are jumping in/out, missing setups, getting their hair fried..... 1hourly timeframes need to be watched so closely that i can only think of 1 person (trader dante) that manages to get out in profit.... seriously, it is super difficult to sit there churning out the pips on the hourly timeframes, tick by tick, i have been there, tried it, move back a timeframe or 2 and you have all the time in the world to pick the best setups and load up on positions.

Maybe someone else can say what they think? This is just my finding?
Plus, remember, Dante does this for a living..... who else has all day to scan graph after graph?

And for all of you that do make $$ on less than 4hr timeframes, i take my hat off to you!!

agreed. my job barely gives me time to bless myself sometimes (he says while posting in work :LOL: ) so i have mostly been looking at dailies, but our whitehart lane friend has definitely opened my eyes to the weeklies, next up... annual charts! :D

I think maybe T_Ds success on the lower definitely takes more work, whereas the higher up the timeframes you go, the more a pin with little other supporting factors will succeed.

in a completely unrelated matter:
going to be booking a year travelling (SE asis, oz, nz and the states) in next few weeks, and am being a sly dog and booking it either north o' the border or in england and making a big saving on euro v pound, so fingers crossed the euro hits all time highs just before i convert! (y)

omni
Wow, those are crazy timeframes...... you must be very brave!

You're right, 3Min and 5 Min charts are crazy time frames, that's why I ONLY trade 4 hours TF now.

It's better for my life style and my health too :D

Happy trading

Angel65

portomar,good weekly pins might even earn you some good loot while your away

yea was thinkin that. considering im hoping to be in a drunken stupor on a beach for much of my time, maybe the weeklies are the only ones to consider! :) lets also pray for a collapse in thai BAT, Aussie and NZ versus EURO between now and November! ;)

superspurs are you basically scanning anything that moves at this point, weeklies and dailies looking for good pins?? think ive been spending too much time on the major forex pairs lately.

it takes time to mark up the charts,but when done you can easily flick thru a few charts in the evening for uk shares and in the morning for us shares,using prorealtime
here is a daily,i didn,t play it,basically im more comfortable with these tf

Attachments

• sxs.gif
    sxs.gif
    9.5 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
Hi Angel65, I know what you mean about the entry. What I meant to say was that I feel the pins that do get retraced 50% or more dont seem to work as often as the ones that dont get retraced. Not sure if its really true though, just my hunch/feeling about them.
I like the basic entry of a stop above the pin myself, more straight forward less arseing around ;)

ps: i prefer 4hr because you dont have to do as much and you only miss 2 bars while asleep dailys are good as well. I dont like weeklys much, sitting around for weeks to get stopped out for a loss is a bit too ...:sleep: and :rolleyes: for me.

Daily Pins

Two daily pins to consider. Not sure about the one on the Dow but the Gold pin looks good as it is comming off the ascending trendline and also confluence with 23.6% fib.
Will keep an eye on them and see how they close

Attachments

• Dow_Gold.JPG
    Dow_Gold.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 162
Euro

I was out of the office today (there is an element of LUCK in this game :)) but this was the best 1hr pin I saw today in my market review and should have been taken. It would have been a breakeven for those conservative traders who would have moved their stops as the first minor pivot was hit or a loss for those that gave it some room believing it could have been a top. If you did the latter don't beat yourself up. I think this had good potential coming as it did at the previous high and forming a double top.

Attachments

• eu.gif
    eu.gif
    15.7 KB · Views: 286
Personally, I don't like looking for pin bars on time frames smaller than D1. In my personal experience, they mislead you and you could end up with more losses than wins. But, that is just me, and you have shown that you know what you do in this business ;) . Keep doing your thing.

Btw, do you trade on D1 TF's dante?

TD
I'm interested on learning more about trading the inside bars. What would be a good set up for an inside bar trade? Is it similar to pins on good fib and S/R or do I look for market tops/bottoms or is it a true 'feel' of the market that is required to trade them effectivley?
Grim

Grimweasel,

I don't know how trader_dante does it, but I trade inside bars with the "moving average" indicator (periods 12, 14 and 21). And I also trade them on D1 TF's.

Grimweasel,

I don't know how trader_dante does it, but I trade inside bars with the "moving average" indicator (periods 12, 14 and 21). And I also trade them on D1 TF's.

Thanks Yokiro,
All seems a little too simple; just waiting for the inside bar to break the H/L of the previous bar and then trading in that direction? If it were that easy everyone would be doing it surely?
How can one use MAs with the IB setup effectivley? Are you looking for 2 short MAs crossing etc?
Thanks for the info,
Grim

Status
Not open for further replies.