Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said a few weeks ago last time it was on the 14950 area there was some options being defended. I was wondering if they had expired or if they got hit...

yeh figured it out in teh end.

had to google to see which countries were involved though

why not china? cos they're commies?

i might be wrong but this is what is think
G7 was formed in late 70's and that time the state of china was awfull.. but occasionally china and russia do take part in G7 ..

Potential Setup

Market: Euro/Usd

Timeframe: 1hr

Direction: Long

Setup: Pin bar at minor s/r pivot on hourly TF.

Advantages:

1. Somewhat good R:R as if the large daily flag gets broken to the upside then it opens this market up for a big move in my opinion. So the R:R is pretty good on this trade.

Disadvantages:

1. The key pivot is lower down at 1.3085. This is where I think the market really wants to test...

2. If the market is strong, why do we keep getting pulled back to that big daily support level?

3. I also think that the equities look like they could tank today and that, in turn, should put a bid into the dollar and push this pair lower.

Conclusion:

Perhaps a good trade in terms of R:R for those who like to enter near the lows of a pin (just before it fails) because of the potential of the move from the daily picture but definetly not an A grade setup for the rest of us.

You said a few weeks ago last time it was on the 14950 area there was some options being defended. I was wondering if they had expired or if they got hit...

oh sorry mate .. such options are related to end of day or end of week.. and as of options i havent got any news if there is any further option related selling..

so way is clear

MiniDow futures 7820 hit (as predicted) -- this can be considered S2 ; start closing shorts here; a lower low is still projected, after that a Kindergarten Trade may be likely (close shorts & enter long)...we'll see

The Mechanical Day Trader

Hey Fellas..

I know it is not the right place, but I need a HELP!!

My girl`s birthday next monday and I need to send some flowers or so.. What do you guys suggest?

Roses, tulipes or some?

hahahah sorry! honestly!

MiniDow futures 7820 hit (as predicted) -- this can be considered S2 ; start closing shorts here; a lower low is still projected, after that a Kindergarten Trade may be likely (close shorts & enter long)...we'll see

I love posts like these because they reveal absolutely nothing. 7820 hit. As predicted? Predicted where? Start closing shorts here...can't argue with that...if it goes up you're covered as you got out near the low in profit...if it goes down you made money being short from "somewhere higher".

A lower low is still projected? When? Today? Tomorrow? After a lower low we will go long you say? What, so you can come on tomorrow after its gone down and then up (which is basically what it does everyday) and then say you called it perfectly?

Why don't you make some calls in real time which is what most of us do - no one is going to jump down your throat if they lose - we all make losing calls. But make some calls and we can judge what you are doing.

Otherwise...this IS a potential setups thread. Not a "I made 5,000 pips...told ya so..." thread.

Cheers mate.

Tom

Last edited:
mechanical trader if you really think your system works then you need to prove us wrong by forecasting such trades or by atleast calling such trades with stops and targets before hand and then when you got time by posting your trades pic.. i hope u understand this thread is about setups and not about automated systems ..

Hey Fellas..

I know it is not the right place, but I need a HELP!!

My girl`s birthday next monday and I need to send some flowers or so.. What do you guys suggest?

Roses, tulipes or some?

hahahah sorry! honestly!

Depends what she is like...if she's a good old romantic then roses should be good but they are so cliche and pretty tacky so you should order some special ones - perhaps rare ones...tulips are nice and are very "spring time".

I reckon your best bet would be to actually go into a florist and pick out a mixture. Near where I worked in Cannon Street they did a massive bouquet of beautiful flowers which I got for my GFs birthday, presented with a big red bow. It was about £30 which some might see as costly for flowers but it was well worth it for the look on her face.

Shame I've lost her now.

:(

Anyway if you go into a florist they will help you out - (they are usually really good when it comes to that) Say what it's for - you will get good advice in most places.

So what you're saying is sell high then buy twice as much when it looks like its bottoming out in case it goes up BUT is the bottom actually the bottom? We'll have to wait and see if it goes down further... dun Dun DUNNNNNN

mechanical trader if you really think your system works then you need to prove us wrong by forecasting such trades or by atleast calling such trades with stops and targets before hand and then when you got time by posting your trades pic.. i hope u understand this thread is about setups and not about automated systems ..

the graphic (read the name of the graphic, you might learn something) with the projected low was posted way in advance, in addition I told you the methodology of how to trade the cycle high and cycle low in the globex - the globex exhibits the same behavior day in day out. For those that missed it I'll post the graphic again.

I assume there are competent traders in this thread (the trading rules displayed are self evident...if you don't know those basics, then buy a book somewhere..).

the market bottom was posted real time BTW...there are all kinds of announcements this morning so obviously you trade around those times. If you want to find the annc times there is a link on the right side of the website that displays those..

To those that read the post and 'got it' -- you're welcome...

note: BTW, we're daytraders so things are re-evaluated and changed as needed - once 9:40 ET hit all shorts were closed and we're long; you ride it as far as the cycle(s) go then bail out; uptrends are re-evaluated every 15 minutes on the mini dow. we trade with no preconceptions and we don't look farther than 60 min ahead. There are many annc times this am, so you don't do a trade then go out and walk the dog..when there are no annc times things are calmer and typically less violent, but we don't care.

paper trading student is Long at 7826, I'll post his trading history fills later this morning

note #2
The long entries this AM and yesterday AM were retracements of a previous institutional stop the day before BTW. You trade those #'s if DayRaider sez the OS has ended -- no preconceptions ....10:12 am ET; starting to scale out of this uptrend, the Globex High is mighty resistance that may not be overcome...trading range likely around here if 7920 is not violated.

note #3
Student is still paper trading; has netted 242 Mini Dow points taking the long reversal after the open and trading 2 contracts; he got the whole up move, about 5 ticks from the top and 5 ticks from the ideal long entry...

Attachments

• the globex game typical point range overview april 15 2009.jpg
    the globex game typical point range overview april 15 2009.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 04 15 2009 trade fills am rev.jpg
    04 15 2009 trade fills am rev.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 04 15 2009 am reversal long 2 contracts exit near globex high.jpg
    04 15 2009 am reversal long 2 contracts exit near globex high.jpg
    316.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 04 15  student paper trades nets 242 pts.jpg
    04 15 student paper trades nets 242 pts.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
the graphic (read the name of the graphic, you might learn something) with the projected low was posted way in advance, in addition I told you the methodology of how to trade the cycle high and cycle low in the globex - the globex exhibits the same behavior day in day out. For those that missed it I'll post the graphic again.

I assume there are competent traders in this thread (the trading rules displayed are self evident...if you don't know those basics, then buy a book somewhere..).

the market bottom was posted real time BTW...there are all kinds of announcements this morning so obviously you trade around those times. If you want to find the annc times there is a link on the right side of the website that displays those..

Great pic there. Lots of squiglly lines, looks very impressive. All very self evident.

note: BTW, we're daytraders so things are re-evaluated and changed as needed - once 9:40 ET hit all shorts were closed and we're long; you ride it as far as the cycle(s) go then bail out; uptrends are re-evaluated every 15 minutes on the mini dow. we trade with no preconceptions and we don't look farther than 60 min ahead. There are many annc times this am, so you don't do a trade then go out and walk the dog..when there are no annc times things are calmer and typically less violent, but we don't care.

paper trading student is Long at 7826, I'll post his trading history fills later this morning

note #2
The long entries this AM and yesterday AM were retracements of a previous institutional stop the day before BTW. You trade those #'s if DayRaider sez the OS has ended -- no preconceptions ....10:12 am ET; starting to scale out of this uptrend, the Globex High is mighty resistance that may not be overcome...trading range likely around here if 7920 is not violated.

Hesus H Christos you're annoying.

Nobody cares ffs. Start a "Look what my student makes in pips" thread.
I did somethin similar. I'd recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.