Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wheat

Guys,

Currently in on wheat. Entered on the break of the pin that formed on 23rd June (Daily). Entry was at 894 on 24th. Pin came down to S/R at 855 and also 38 fib from late may lows to mid june highs. First resistance is at 930 (which it failed to break through yesterday). Stop now moved to 879 which is just below the eye's either side of pin (both the same). Decided to reduce the risk as it failed to break through 930 yesterday.

I did this before seeing TD's post of the possible H&S forming. Probably would not have made the trade had i seen TD's post first so i guess it shows how 2 people interpret the market.

Sorry for no chart. only got a few bars on my SB account chart as wheat just rolled over into September and they don't roll over the charts (bit rubbish). Used a chart from the CBOT and hence the reason i did not see the H&S as could not see enough data.

Glen

PS. i use capital spreads. I found City index rather rubbish (but that's just my view).

The existence of dark liquidity pools and crossing networks is to reduce the impact on price of large transactions, quite apart from the relative anonymity they provide. TCA and algo trading further utilise these pools by slicing up one or more large blocks across a number of pools.

The net effect is less impact on price than if these transactions were executed through open routes.

Why would you imagine they have any bearing on Closing prices?

I imagine that these dark pools would offer liquidity outside of exchange hours, no? Even for Block or Cross trades, indications of interest, and so on? My reasoning is that if any of these features were available outside of exchange hours, there would be less onus on a trader to close out a position (or amend it to comply with risk parameters etc...) before the exchange close - as they could use the "dark pools" as a proxy / in emergencies only?

As I mentioned, I don't know a whole lot about equities, so I could be right out.

Guys,

Currently in on wheat. Entered on the break of the pin that formed on 23rd June (Daily). Entry was at 894 on 24th. Pin came down to S/R at 855 and also 38 fib from late may lows to mid june highs. First resistance is at 930 (which it failed to break through yesterday). Stop now moved to 879 which is just below the eye's either side of pin (both the same). Decided to reduce the risk as it failed to break through 930 yesterday.

I did this before seeing TD's post of the possible H&S forming. Probably would not have made the trade had i seen TD's post first so i guess it shows how 2 people interpret the market.

Sorry for no chart. only got a few bars on my SB account chart as wheat just rolled over into September and they don't roll over the charts (bit rubbish). Used a chart from the CBOT and hence the reason i did not see the H&S as could not see enough data.

Glen

PS. i use capital spreads. I found City index rather rubbish (but that's just my view).

What an excellent trade. I took this too and failed to hold onto it...I know...don't ask...

Do your best to hold it. This could go a long, long way.

Tom

Hi Glenborrell,
I am also on the wheat trade.
Let me know what you do with it.
I have not moved my stop since entry.

Guys,
Sorry, i am generally slack on posting charts.
But here are some you might be watching or trading...

Platinum & gold price action this morning.

Attachments

• gold26.JPG
    gold26.JPG
    270.5 KB · Views: 187
  • platinum26.JPG
    platinum26.JPG
    261 KB · Views: 173
Gbpjpy - getting to a pretty good point. Worth watching (as highlighted by Dante).
Usdcad - it has been a pain for many of us.... but maybe the patient few are still in it.....?

Attachments

• gbpjpy26.JPG
    gbpjpy26.JPG
    251.2 KB · Views: 163
  • usdcad26.JPG
    usdcad26.JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 213
Finally,
Back in March Dante called cocoa on the break of 1300ish (shown by horizontal line after pin bar)..... it is now at 1740ish....

Attachments

• cocoa26.JPG
    cocoa26.JPG
    251.8 KB · Views: 195
hi pip,which odl platform do you use to have the ftse?what else does it have besides fx pairs?i have some comods on one but only fx on the other(which i downloaded later)but never indices.by the way just gone short loonie;)shorter term than yours no doupt.its funny but i see a lot them around amsterdam!!??hehe
omni i use mt4(whichever)for charts.dont trade live at the mo. but will use market index,basically oanda for abn amro but has comods and indices along with fx.
happy hunting yawl
edit: pip forget this i just noticed my mt4 has updated itself,i now have tons of stuff to confuse me!! :)

Last edited:
What an excellent trade. I took this too and failed to hold onto it...I know...don't ask...

Do your best to hold it. This could go a long, long way.

Tom
T_D in this situation would you now be lookin to re-enter if the chance comes up??

Hope some of you managed to grab gbpjpy. the high was 21389....... got up to 21393... then dumped it with a big 1hrly pin to show you the way. now at 21250.

hey jonj have you found an MT4 with FTSE 100 ? Im using ODL spreadbetting odlmarkets.co.uk but as far as I can tell, they only have a web based interface.

I am using WHC's (Water house capital) version of MT4 for ftse charts, but I dont trust these after watching the tick charts for a couple of days.... although they do have a massive range of markets which is good.

Hope some of you managed to grab gbpjpy. the high was 21389....... got up to 21393... then dumped it with a big 1hrly pin to show you the way. now at 21250.

Managed to grab this when I popped home from work at lunchtime and decided to have a quick look at the charts. Looking good now +125... 135... is there any stopping this train! Hope not!

I imagine that these dark pools would offer liquidity outside of exchange hours, no? Even for Block or Cross trades, indications of interest, and so on? My reasoning is that if any of these features were available outside of exchange hours, there would be less onus on a trader to close out a position (or amend it to comply with risk parameters etc...) before the exchange close - as they could use the "dark pools" as a proxy / in emergencies only?

As I mentioned, I don't know a whole lot about equities, so I could be right out.
I understand the way you're thinking, but with DLPs being the province of the institutional and FoF level players, their 'onus' is not quite the same as for us little retail boys & girls. Even with the increasing move to 24X7 trading there will still, for the time being anyway, be a psychological 'need' (and even a fixed model-based requirement in corporate) to be flat the market outside of traditional exchange hours, thus maintaining the significance of the closing price.

And of course, the longer TF (greater than intraday) traders will still be using the EOD (ie closing) price to make their trading decisions, maintaining its importance through continued direct utilisation - a self-fulfilling prophesy.

heres my new list,odl securities.
last time i looked there were only fx pairs!
something else to blow a few demo accounts on(y)
p.s. that list goes all the way to z

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_03 Jun. 26 19.42.gif
    ScreenHunter_03 Jun. 26 19.42.gif
    54.7 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:
I understand the way you're thinking, but with DLPs being the province of the institutional and FoF level players, their 'onus' is not quite the same as for us little retail boys & girls. Even with the increasing move to 24X7 trading there will still, for the time being anyway, be a psychological 'need' (and even a fixed model-based requirement in corporate) to be flat the market outside of traditional exchange hours, thus maintaining the significance of the closing price.

And of course, the longer TF (greater than intraday) traders will still be using the EOD (ie closing) price to make their trading decisions, maintaining its importance through continued direct utilisation - a self-fulfilling prophesy.
relating this directly to drawing trend lines would you say the institutional players use the close or the spikes??or not at all??:?:

Anybody watching CHFJPY?

Bullish hourly pin just formed but Bearish daily also forming

hey jonj have you found an MT4 with FTSE 100 ? Im using ODL spreadbetting odlmarkets.co.uk but as far as I can tell, they only have a web based interface.

I am using WHC's (Water house capital) version of MT4 for ftse charts, but I dont trust these after watching the tick charts for a couple of days.... although they do have a massive range of markets which is good.
hey pip,my chart shows UK100,whats the diference??my other platform shows ftse100??

heres my new list,odl securities.
last time i looked there were only fx pairs!
something else to blow a few demo accounts on(y)
p.s. that list goes all the way to z

nice find jonj thanks (y) I never looked at odl securites, just odl markets. Going to have a look now

edit:
hey pip,my chart shows UK100,whats the diference??my other platform shows ftse100??

I dont think there is a difference, probably just a different name :) .... or maybe one is the future and the other is cash?

just checked,both are the same price same chart.
thanx
p.s. wots gwaan on!!

Status
Not open for further replies.