Best Thread Potential setups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers TD, don't let my comments cramp your style.:)
At the end of the day we all have to do our own research & take responsibility for our own trading.

Today I made plenty of points in the morning & gave em back later in the day.
As is often the way.

Ever thought of setting yourself a target for the day and stopping when you hit it? Or even run a stoploss e.g if you get to 100 ticks do not let yourself go below 75, then once you 125 do not let yourself go below 100. Requires discipline but can be very effective.

mate im still short from yesterday, been selling all the way down. anybody got any thoughts on cable?
After some retracement cable should continue south, there seems to be plenty of space below cable for a while.
The first possible target zone might be the area between 1.460 to 1.420 (fot the G/U) which corresponds to 61.8 Fib retracement. I would say this zone should be considerred as a minimum. Cable might depreciate much more.

Last edited:
Yeah guys, chill out, it was toungue in cheek to wind up Pelzar...I've taken a few hundred ticks out of it today on the short side. No way I would have gone long!!

Bull****. I reckon you were going long due to the multiple IBs at that time.

Tom,
Do you operate on the 1hr plus TFs or do you go any lower for 'tactical' entries? I find that as soon as I drop a TF to see what may be creeping up on me, I get spooked and bomb the trade. In my analysis I thought that Cable would hit 1.44 (earlier in this thread) but did I take the 400 pips on offer today? - NO! Arrhh. Back to discipline camp for me. I got spooked around 1400 on the 15m TF, tightened my stop and got wacked, thus missing out on the major part of the move.
How do you (and Pelzar, Candles et al) DEAL with the temptation to go to the lower TFs and get spooked? Do you abide by the rule of only exiting on the TF you entered on?
Grim

When I am in a trade, I look UP a TF but never DOWN.

By this I mean, if I take an hourly setup then I never consider a lower TF than the hourly.

However, if I was to trade on the 1hr TF, I would keep a good eye on the daily to see if it can go further.

Or if I enter on the 5m, I would monitor it on the 1hr and the Daily.

Thanks Tom & Choc,
Sound advice. I'm self banning from anything lower than 1hr on account of being too emotional at those TFs. Seems I may only have the minerals for the upper TFs. All part of the continued learning.
I have even taken them off my MT4 menu!
Grim

Td

Thanks Tom & Choc,
Sound advice. I'm self banning from anything lower than 1hr on account of being too emotional at those TFs. Seems I may only have the minerals for the upper TFs. All part of the continued learning.
I have even taken them off my MT4 menu!
Grim
Yes, TD warned me about trading lower than one hour. Mind you, I still dabble on one or two minute frame for FTSE:eek:

just over heard my grandad on the old blower picking up a some shares in this, ive tried to convince him of the merits of spread betting:) but he hears the word betting and goes of on one about the dangers of gambling :confused:

so any market movers reading.... feel free to jump on board (y)

Attachments

• legit.jpg
    legit.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 169
Ever thought of setting yourself a target for the day and stopping when you hit it? Or even run a stoploss e.g if you get to 100 ticks do not let yourself go below 75, then once you 125 do not let yourself go below 100. Requires discipline but can be very effective.

pelzar - seems a good idea but for me for some reason its easier said than done.

Does anyone know a good thread on money management techniques / stop loss?

hi folks

gold looks overbought and due a pullback to me what do you think guys? your views please

hi folks

gold looks overbought and due a pullback to me what do you think guys? your views please

Gold shall provide some good trading setups, it is likely that 930 should become support once tested (RBS principle). I shall establish long position at retracements, with SL below 930. For intra day trading my sentiment is to go long at various retracements too.
I am not likely to take short trades, unless gold reveses well below 930, which is a less likely scenario ATM.
http://www.trade2win.com/boards/metals/52092-trading-gold-2009-a-6.html
Last several days gold has been obeying intraday dynamic cycles based on momentum pretty well. I have only enterred longs, as I thought it was more likely for the breakout to be to the upside.
2be

hi folks

You should really trade what you see and never against the trend. The odds will be in your favour if you wait for the pull back to occur then trade when it starts retracing back. However I think you're right, might be worth placing an order below with a tight stop and see if it triggers.

Still bearish? could be a long wait...

Yes...a few days...and it's seemed like an age...

Looking for 7450 as stated several times.

Although ultimately I see this going to 5000.

And no, I'm not talking this time. I'm actually short.

Infact, I am over 50% margined on this.

When you have no doubts...plunge ;)

Sold the DT on the 5 min chart in cable this morning, 200 ticks on side...

MORNINGGGGGGGGGGGG :)

Sold the DT on the 5 min chart in cable this morning, 200 ticks on side...

MORNINGGGGGGGGGGGG :)

I've always found that just at that time you are feeling so satisfied with your position that you find yourself bragging about it...it's time to CUT AND REVERSE :)

No, but seriously, Pelz...you remember how whenever I used to get off the ladder I used to take a screenshot for a dose of confidence building nostalgia at a later date...I usually took that shot right at or very near the low/high of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.