Potential setups 2

Couple of forces at play here - CME names selling the bejeezus out of the buck, talk Moody's putting California A2 rating on watch and talk the US Navy may have to intercept a Korean ship full of weapons (and I don't mean GJ's razor sharp wit here)

Plus it's thinner than an anorexic model this afternoon.

fade it fade it fade it

Without wishing to sound like a complete Neanderthal, what is fading? Is it a well know term in trading or just T2W talk? I wouldn't be surprised if I do fade things but I just wouldn't know I was at the time :)

Fading is taking a trade that is countertrend.

Edit: Genics beat me :(

Ah, thanks - a mean reversion strategy then. In that case, I don't fade - I'm into continuations.

Without wishing to sound like a complete Neanderthal, what is fading? Is it a well know term in trading or just T2W talk? I wouldn't be surprised if I do fade things but I just wouldn't know I was at the time :)

sorry guv, w'd ve got back sooner but was down rubadub, seems many better respondenses beat me too it anyway,
good weekend to y' all.

Any thoughts

Hi guys Im pretty new to these boards but looking for some feed back on a trade Im in

On thursday I shorted nxt .Entry was 1447 r\r is 119-260 Just above 2-1
on the thursday made 21 points then on friday retraced back to neck line
while it was retracing to neckline I hedged myself by going long the ftse and when it was back at at the neckline I also loaded my position on nxt and so now the stage is set for monday and mu question is this
1) should I move my stop to just above the confluence lines (shown in red on the chart)
at level 1506 to 1509 or stay above right shoulder ?

2) whats your thoughts on my tactics on this ,

Attachments

• NXT.jpg
    NXT.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 193
Hi guys Im pretty new to these boards but looking for some feed back on a trade Im in

On thursday I shorted nxt .Entry was 1447 r\r is 119-260 Just above 2-1
on the thursday made 21 points then on friday retraced back to neck line
while it was retracing to neckline I hedged myself by going long the ftse and when it was back at at the neckline I also loaded my position on nxt and so now the stage is set for monday and mu question is this
1) should I move my stop to just above the confluence lines (shown in red on the chart)
at level 1506 to 1509 or stay above right shoulder ?

2) whats your thoughts on my tactics on this ,

1) you should move your stop to minimize your risk, you have loaded up and are carrying more stock, so you should adjust your SL to take into account the % of your account at risk, in accordance with your money management criteria.

2) from what I can see, a two bar reversal has developed (last two bars), at a support level, this is a bullish indicator and it is more likely your stop will get hit before your target, that neckline you have drawn is weak, the market plays out a continuation pattern more than it reverses, and this market has been in a longer term uptrend from what i can see from your chart.

in my personal opinion, this trade is going to be a losing one if you leave things as they are.

1) you should move your stop to minimize your risk, you have loaded up and are carrying more stock, so you should adjust your SL to take into account the % of your account at risk, in accordance with your money management criteria.

2) from what I can see, a two bar reversal has developed (last two bars), at a support level, this is a bullish indicator and it is more likely your stop will get hit before your target, that neckline you have drawn is weak, the market plays out a continuation pattern more than it reverses, and this market has been in a longer term uptrend from what i can see from your chart.

in my personal opinion, this trade is going to be a losing one if you leave things as they are.

Thanks Jiggly
I guess the reason I asked for opinions is that I myself have become unsure of this trade still being " high probability" so to speak although I succsefully edged aginst turn around on friday I think you may be right about tightening loss right up . Its just in the past Ive tightened stops only to have them hit and then the trade run on to what would have been good
Thanks for input always apreciated:)

Gbpchf

GBP CHF Weekly pin just bounced off a retest of pivot zone. looks lke plenty of space up above.
a trade with the trend.
I'll wait see if a good entry point on a retrace shows itself during next week.

Attachments

• gbpchf wkly.jpg
    gbpchf wkly.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 173
GBP CHF Weekly pin just bounced off a retest of pivot zone. looks lke plenty of space up above.
a trade with the trend.

Not one I ever traded but will have a look. Chart tells me there is a pull back for sure. Will watch out - thx

a trade with the trend.

Hi,

I don't really do these types of trades, so I am sure you know more about these than me.

But there does seem to be a bit of traffic to the left of this candle. If you compare it to the candle on week 02 Jan, you may see what I mean.

Kind regards
Jason

Attachments

• hmm.jpg
    hmm.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 160
Hi,

I don't really do these types of trades, so I am sure you know more about these than me.

But there does seem to be a bit of traffic to the left of this candle. If you compare it to the candle on week 02 Jan, you may see what I mean.

Kind regards
Jason

Hi Jason, yes, you are right, a lot of traffic, but the difference I see with this bar and the 2nd Jan is that this is off a nice retest of the pivot zone that was first broken a couple of weeks ago.
it is a trend / retest play and demo has taught me that trades from weekly charts can take quite some time to come good, that can be a nailbiting wait. So looking for a good entry is important. Needs lots of patience. And then of course it won't always work.
I've added a daily chart for some more perspective.

Attachments

• gbpchfdaily.jpg
    gbpchfdaily.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 152
Last edited: