Post your P&L

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine so far for today

Attachments

• feb24.JPG
    feb24.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 261
You're happy with them overall? Looks like you're pretty short term. Any problems getting good fills?

Honestly, I'v yet to encounter anything bad enough to call it quits with them. But then again, I usually with with minis/ and nothing over 200k.

I do get the odd requote, and minor slippage at times of volatility, but nothing out of the ordinary to feel cheated and complain about. But that is normal with about any broker.

Withdrawals are great, no disconnections or freezing like a lot of people complain about on forex*******s.

:)

That's good to hear. I had a few problems with them and the extra decimal place slowed me down when I was putting in stops prior to entry (I can see you don't have that problem :p). Also had problems getting filled and slipped - they didn't really suit my style. At times I have trades for <1 minute and they couldn't really accommodate my style so I went elsewhere.

Update on my UC. I see a wedge forming from our long term long-trend, and a high from feb19th. So, I'll just take my profits and call it a day and look forward to tommorow.

12:30PM EST, time to call it a day. London chaps are out, volatility usually dies out now.

Attachments

• feb24.JPG
    feb24.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 216
That's good to hear. I had a few problems with them and the extra decimal place slowed me down when I was putting in stops prior to entry (I can see you don't have that problem :p). Also had problems getting filled and slipped - they didn't really suit my style. At times I have trades for <1 minute and they couldn't really accommodate my style so I went elsewhere.

Although I do trade short-term intra - My trades are usually based on directionals based from longer-term trends, and particular positions that are high in probability.

Yet to experience any problems, *knock on wood*

:)

Who do you trade with Masquerade, if you don't mind me asking?

What does one gain from posting p&L?

They gain the title of being "most well endowed" - a very prestigious forum title.

Who do you trade with Masquerade, if you don't mind me asking?

Currently with Oanda, I like the low spreads, they work out my position size accorrding to my account and good fills. No complaints, but I may change to something else at a later date.

I hear great things about Oanda,

50:1 leveraged wasn't too much of a concern, but I just despised their java based platform when I was shopping for a broker. I was Just too used to using the MT4 platform, since its been primary right from the start.

Dukas is coming out with an Mt4 application, so far right now they are in beta I hear. And I know MBT are REALLY good aswell.

I have Oanda desktop, any new platform takes getting used to. I miss the sound alert on Alpari. But Oanda have live online help which can be useful at times, here's an extract of todays conversation:

OANDA: You're welcome.
OANDA: Thank you for chatting with us.
OANDA: Have a great day.
ME: thanks and you, I hope to make a lot of money
ME: it may not be so good for your company, but I hope they'll survive
OANDA: OANDA is not affected by client profit or loss, as we hedge all net exposure (earning revenue on the spread). So I hope you make money as well.
ME: Thank you, it is good to hear.

:D

I have Oanda desktop, any new platform takes getting used to. I miss the alert on Alpari. But Oanda have live online help which can be useful at times, here's an extract of todays conversation:

OANDA: You're welcome.
OANDA: Thank you for chatting with us.
OANDA: Have a great day.
ME: thanks and you, I hope to make a lot of money
ME: it may not be so good for your company, but I hope they'll survive
OANDA: OANDA is not affected by client profit or loss, as we hedge all net exposure (earning revenue on the spread). So I hope you make money as well.
ME: Thank you, it is good to hear.

:D

^^^^

Hahahaha! gave me a good chuckle.

What a disaster.

Spent all f*cking morning puking most of that Bund on this relentless move.

Not too bad overall as my entries were much higher and todays loss is from mark to market. Still, I didn't see this coming thats for sure.

Sold another unit of GBP/JPY but thats moving way too fast which is a shame. Didn't want that down here already.

Missed a sell limit in Crude by 13 ticks too.

Oh well, that's trading for you.

On the plus side, the S&P has pretty much sliced through this cobweb of s/r. I cut one unit just ahead of 1092 because I'm trying not to play like too much of a tw*t today.

If I can get an updated screenshot out later near the EOD I will but I'm off to watch 24. Third season, baby!

Trader_Dante,
How did you go today ?

DT,
I think you have the wrong end of the stick.
P&l does not equal your glory trades.
Post your last months trades and we would be getting close to what this thread is about (unless I have the wrong end of the stick).

With the upmost respect DT,

ps. Nice trades.

Understood. Problem is - I am not prepared to disclose my earnings on the internet.

Therefore all I will give is disjointed information that does not allow someone to join up the dots.

So - I will periodically post the day trades I make (which are few) without position sizes.

Also - I thought the trades were fairly poor - 10 cent trades aren't going to keep the moat full. I will also keep you guys posted on the longer term trade I posted, although not much to report right now.

Note that there are people on this site with some ridiculous claims but none will even pony up and give the type of info I am giving which is CLEARLY not from a SIM account. I would guess that a number of the more prolific posters on this site are not even trading at all.

Might as well update this. Market pulled back for a few days. During that time, I didn't like the behaviour of DBA and so dropped it for a microscopic profit of around $20.

Everything else behaved well in my opinion and so I am now happier about what I am holding here.

Note - I was offline when I took the pic - hence the bids & asks not showing.

attachment.php

Anyone with an IB account will know that this is not a SIM account as SIM accounts show a red banner at the top and bottom to warn it is SIM. I never understood that, it should warn when you are trading live.

Attachments

• IB-1Update.jpg
    IB-1Update.jpg
    304.3 KB · Views: 867
Status
Not open for further replies.