Post your bad spread bet fills here, research needed!

yep ig done me again this morning knocking me out on my stop 1 point prior stop 5105 knocked me out at 5104

love em think it s time i f---ed of from them

To be honest, this is not the way to go about it getting the industry to improve. Most of the traders do not want a war, they want improvement, and that is what we have gotten in the recent years. You are asking too much trading high stakes, think you can in the long run getting instant execution without some kind of intervention. They have the right to refer your trades if they are too large. I am also against manipulation of any sort (it is not allowed according to MiFID). I would rather prefer that the SB just closed the account, more fair in my opinion, or implement a warning system, instead of fiddling around with individual client parameters.

I'm raging NO WAR, just obtaining information, plain and simple :)

Some spread betting companies have closed successful accounts, and how is that fair and just? So if you can make consistant profits, you're one of the persistant successful ones.......but hell, you can't do that and get away with it, they will close your account ;)

I'm raging NO WAR, just obtaining information, plain and simple :)

Some spread betting companies have closed successful accounts, and how is that fair and just? So if you can make consistant profits, you're one of the persistant successful ones.......but hell, you can't do that and get away with it, they will close your account ;)
They are absolutely not doing anything illegal by closing an account, they have every right not wanting you (not referring to you personally) as a client.

They are absolutely not doing anything illegal by closing an account, they have every right not wanting you (not referring to you personally) as a client.

You're right it's not illegal, just immoral, and speaks volumes doesn't it? :)

You're right it's not illegal, just immoral, and speaks volumes doesn't it? :)
I think we have to realize, this is the gambling industry. They are market makers, there is no such thing as free money. If they are losing money (e.g. not being able to hedge) they will stop you, period. You have to move on to DMA in order to trade directly against the real market and other traders. It might not be so easy though.:)

Find a way or make a way. Where did you get that signature from?

Are these firms reading this thread? Answer. No. What will come of this thread? Answer. Nothing. Will TruthSeeker manage to ruin the reputation of CMC? Answer No. Does Black Swan live in his own world where he believes he is a legend amongst the forum and his life revolves around this? Answer. More than likely. In conclusion. This is just a rant at spreadbetting companies and nothing will come of it. It's funny all your guys ranting about it. About 70% of my trades get rejected or are held for at least 10 seconds with two brokers, and i dont even care.

I have to disagree on a couple of points. I'm quite sure the companies do read these threads, both FXCM and CMC have people active here, I'm sure others do too. What will come of this thread? It will be deleted once things quieten down a bit. The reason given will be that a legal threat was made to T2W, this in fact may well be the case.

Whilst reputations may not be ruined the posting of evidence of dodgy practices will cause embarrassment and some customers will be put off. If this wasn't the case the companies concerned wouldn't be screaming about legal threats.

As for blackswan I don't know what his problem is. Mention of virtual dealer plugin seems to have pushed him over the edge.

Hello Trades,
It was 2008-9. I used to make consistent profit from CMC. Old platform.I used to do 80-100 trades on indices with fairly big stakes. £40-50 a point. They started playing their usual tricks.... delaying, re quoting,rejecting.... But i still continued to trade with them(Personally i had no option but to trade aggressively as i had some big debts to repay)
Fortunately i made a lot of money that year and one day out of nowhere this chap called me from CMC and asked me if i want to close my account. He also said he does not want me in their client list as i was not taking all of their re quoted prices.Since i was financially weak at that time, i promised him that i will not reject their prices and trades less frequently.But again after few months my account was closed and money returned.No explanation given.
It is a fact that SB's dont like people who trade frequently with them.(sort of scalpers).It is also true that if you make too much profit in a very short period of time they try to play games with you. Remember whatever SB's say they do take the opposite position on most of your trades. So they donot like losing. Fact.
Also it is just not CMC, almost all of them are dirty. Capital Spreads,Tradefair and all London Capital Group companies do the same. They simply delay the execution, if in their favour they accept and reject if in your favour. Remember LCG has got too many white lables but all trades are executed by 'Well paid White collar Simon' and his gang at capital spreads. Others like worldspreads,prospreads,spreadco are not worth talking about. I don't know much about City and IG.
All in all, i fell if you are geting P***d with one SB just move on to the next one. There is no point trying to sort them out. It just does not work and the FSA and other Authority are too busy sorting out PPI's:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
I am in this game for too long to get upset with these SB's
Hope it helps

Take care

Last edited:
I think we have to realize, this is the gambling industry. They are market makers, there is no such thing as free money. If they are losing money (e.g. not being able to hedge) they will stop you, period. You have to move on to DMA in order to trade directly against the real market and other traders. It might not be so easy though.:)

That's a defeatist attitude. We are their income stream and can vote with our feet. If they hold us back then we have the choice to trade the real market to earn the big money and not be controlled by fear of not being filled properly.

Hello Trades,
It was 2008-9. I used to make consistent profit from CMC. Old platform.I used to do 80-100 trades on indices with fairly big stakes. £40-50 a point. They started playing their usual tricks.... delaying, re quoting,rejecting.... But i still continued to trade with them(Personally i had no option but to trade aggressively as i had some big debts to repay)
Fortunately i made a lot of money that year and one day out of nowhere this chap called me from CMC and asked me if i want to close my account. He also said he does not want me in their client list as i was not taking all of their re quoted prices.Since i was financially weak at that time, i promised him that i will not reject their prices and trades less frequently.But again after few months my account was closed and money returned.No explanation given.
It is a fact that SB's dont like people who trade frequently with them.(sort of scalpers).It is also true that if you make too much profit in a very short period of time they try to play games with you. Remember whatever SB's say they do take the opposite position on most of your trades. So they donot like losing. Fact.
Also it is just not CMC, almost all of them are dirty. Capital Spreads,Tradefair and all London Capital Group companies do the same. They simply delay the execution, if i their favour they accept and reject if in your favour. Remember LCG has got too many white lables but all trades are executed by 'Well paid White collar Simon' and his gand at capital spreads. Others like worldspreads,prospreads,spreadco are not worth talking about. I don't know much about City and IG.
All in all, i fell if you are geting P***d with one SB just move on to the next one. There is no point trying to sort them out. It just does not work and the FSA and other Authority are too busy sorting out PPI's:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Hope it helps

Take care
Well this is exactly my point, good post and shows the problem one might encounter. As said before I am also against individual manipulation. EU MiFID II "Best execution" directive will tighten up the regulation even further. They closed your account, and that is in my view point the only thing they are allowed to do, except for putting you on referral on high bets (not to be misused by the SB though on a consistent basis). Delay, designer slippage and such on an individual basis is not allowed according to the MiFID.

What is you recent experience trading with SB?

Last edited:
That's a defeatist attitude. We are their income stream and can vote with our feet. If they hold us back then we have the choice to trade the real market to earn the big money and not be controlled by fear of not being filled properly.
Absolutely not, it is a realistic standpoint from somebody who has been in this game for quite awhile. As said before, trade the real market then, it might not be a problem free enviroment. SB has its drawbacks, but also its advantages as do trading the real market. You just cannot have it all.

Last edited:
Well this is exactly my point, good post and shows the problem one might encounter. As said before I am also against individual manipulation. EU MiFID II "Best execution" directive will tighten up the regulation even further. They closed your account, and that is in my view point the only thing they are allowed to do, except for putting you on referral on high bets (not to be misused by the SB though on a consistent basis). Delay, designer slippage and such on an individual basis is not allowed according to the MiFID.

What is you recent experience trading with SB?

Well,
Now i have become a bit older and wiser!!!
I still opened a CMC account through one of their whitelables after they closed my account.It worked for sometime and then the same old tricks.Did not bother to trade with them afterwards. These days i trade with most of them, but trade less frequently.Fills are o.k though not spot on. I always look for scalping which may not work for most people here.

Hello Trades,
Also it is just not CMC, almost all of them are dirty. Capital Spreads,Tradefair and all London Capital Group companies do the same. They simply delay the execution, if in their favour they accept and reject if in your favour. Remember LCG has got too many white lables but all trades are executed by 'Well paid White collar Simon' and his gang at capital spreads. Others like worldspreads,prospreads,spreadco are not worth talking about. I don't know much about City and IG.
I am in this game for too long to get upset with these SB's
Hope it helps

Take care

yes I have known this to happen too, not to me personally as I don't trade enough volume to bother them that much. I just get slipped.

Well,
I still opened a CMC account through one of their whitelables after they closed my account.It worked for sometime and then the same old tricks.Did not bother to trade with them afterwards. These days i trade with most of them, but trade less frequently.Fills are o.k though not spot on. I always look for scalping which may not work for most people here.
Good.:)

Well,

I'm in danger of sounding like a broken record here, but have you tried ibetfinancials? DMA in a spread bet wrapper.

The costs are higher than a regular broker, although cheaper (at least for futures, I don't know about spot FX) than the bucket shops. But the main thing is you don't have to worry about monkey business from your broker, and you still get tax-free trading.

I'm in danger of sounding like a broken record here, but have you tried ibetfinancials? DMA in a spread bet wrapper.

The costs are higher than a regular broker, although cheaper (at least for futures, I don't know about spot FX) than the bucket shops. But the main thing is you don't have to worry about monkey business from your broker, and you still get tax-free trading.

That's about the only one I haven't tried. Their website seems pretty vague. What platform can you use with them?

That's about the only one I haven't tried. Their website seems pretty vague. What platform can you use with them?

There's TT, Stellar and CQG I think.

They seem good. Obviously you need to negotiate the commissions because these start on the high side.

I think you need to be very serious about it, this doesn't seem like the kind of place to get your feet wet.