Post your bad spread bet fills here, research needed!

Threads such as this often wake up the lurkers. Would you believe that the sb firms thrive due to failure of traders? So where does this thread go, what do you or the bitters think it will change? It won't improve their mindset or results will it which is where the faults lie. The sb firms make money due to the simple fact that circa 80% of trades are losing trades..

It might be true it won't change anything but I am still interested to see what memebers can prove. I have very little complaints about sb's these day and if they do something I don't like I don't use them but threads like this have there place and I beleive the more a company comes up again and again for a bad practice they will have to change, but the changes won't happen overnight they take time. I have given some companies a wide birth from threads what say the same thing about them time and time again.

The worst offence I see on here time and time again is when somebody is put on dealer referal because they win, but the company is quite happy to take the money off you if lose all the time but as soon as you start to win they don't like it. I do feel at times sb's want it always and try to do everything they can to load the game in their favour.

My main complaint is where their platform doesn't work 100%, their platform is your trading tool and even though you might of not lost money or it stopped you from losing money or winning money is not the point their platform should work 100% of the time, ok nothings perfect.

Good grief, never heard of positive slippage then?

l:

Positive slippage? Yes that's what they hold on to and pretend you were filed at your requested level, negative slippage is what they pass on to you. You can read about it in the attached document about the MT4 Virtual Dealer Plugin.

Now lets see how long this one lasts.

Attachments

• metatrader_virtual_dealer_plugin.pdf
    208.4 KB · Views: 407
Black Swan's crusade in defence of SBs is just getting weird now. Why would someone be so bothered about a bit of criticism directed at these companies, and why go to the extent of making silly threats about advertisers withdrawing etc? They are going to stop advertising because of some negative comments? Grow up.

He is starting to seem like, to borrow a selection of his own favourite terms, a "damaged fooktard stalker c11nt" (ffs imho 'kinell mate bud grab pips fly under the radar this suite of forums fook iirc spreading the madness it's not rocket science off the smalls I can trade anything me circa 50 pip stop ffs).
As far as SB goes, it is what it is. Most likely there are some shenanigans going on, nothing too serious, it's really a cost of doing business through this medium. If you are a serious trader eventually you will go DMA with IB, Velocity or whoever or use what is essentially DMA with an SB wrapper, like ibetfinancials.

SB has it's place, it's advantages and disadvantages, you need to use it appropriately (if at all). The industry has improved in recent years (as Black Swan has pointed out) but only because it has had to. Therefore threads like this highlighting poor practice are useful and perfectly valid.

but you've got to admit this threads been a riot on the way, deletions not withstanding :D

i notice there's been a massive upsurge in sb rants and bitterness of late, ig, etx, fxcm, slm, cmc etc, none immune from the bitters. either there's a pattern emerging or there are dark forces at work. time will tell, if there's anything to tell, this thread is where it's make or break for the sb bitters.

Perhaps blackswan is in reality a SB 'bitter' and is actually mounting a very clever and effective campaign to stir up problems for them. If he is then it has been very successful.

Jon, any advertisers been in touch yet..what's Sharkeys view on biting the hand that feeds him.. ?

Ironically FPA website is full of ranting and wheeping about fx brokers and yet all brokers advertise there :LOL:

Black Swan's crusade in defence of SBs is just getting weird now. Why would someone be so bothered about a bit of criticism directed at these companies, and why go to the extent of making silly threats about advertisers withdrawing etc? They are going to stop advertising because of some negative comments? Grow up.

He is starting to seem like, to borrow a selection of his own favourite terms, a "damaged fooktard stalker c11nt" (ffs imho 'kinell mate bud grab pips fly under the radar this suite of forums fook iirc spreading the madness it's not rocket science off the smalls I can trade anything me circa 50 pip stop ffs).
As far as SB goes, it is what it is. Most likely there are some shenanigans going on, nothing too serious, it's really a cost of doing business through this medium. If you are a serious trader eventually you will go DMA with IB, Velocity or whoever or use what is essentially DMA with an SB wrapper, like ibetfinancials.

SB has it's place, it's advantages and disadvantages, you need to use it appropriately (if at all). The industry has improved in recent years (as Black Swan has pointed out) but only because it has had to. Therefore threads like this highlighting poor practice are useful and perfectly valid.

A voice of reason at last!

Yes damned NFA fining those nice brokers 2 million and making them repay the 8 million they'd taken off clients. Can't they understand slippage in entirely normal?

I swear...most punters don't even know how the orders work and the implications of using them. So just for some clarity here we go.

Stop orders close at the market price or worse ie - slippage.
Limit orders close at the market price or better ie + slippage.
At market is as it says, whatever current price you get.

On friday I was in the money on a spot gold trade so moved a stop order up behind at a reasonable distance from current price action, in the mean time I had decided on a price level I would be happy taking profit and set a limit order to close. The market prices speeded up at the limit close level, breached the limit level and I finally got my close some +26 points better.

This trade btw was with a SB co that has been mentioned in this very thread.

Pointless thread this is. Full of losers who can't accept responsibility for anything they might do.

I swear...most punters don't even know how the orders work and the implications of using them. So just for some clarity here we go.

On friday I was in the money on a spot gold trade so moved a stop order up behind at a reasonable distance from current price action, in the mean time I had decided on a price level I would be happy taking profit and set a limit order to close. The market prices speeded up at the limit close level, breached the limit level and I finally got my close some +26 points better.

Pointless thread this is. Full of losers who can't accept responsibility for anything they might do.

I pobably experienced slippage in maybe one out of every six or seven trades (so one out of every 12 or 14 opportunities for slippage). Maybe one out of four slips were in my favour. It's going to happen, and it's going to happen in the real market as well.

People just need to use them appropriately. If a tick or two slippage is causing you a problem, you shouldn't be going through the bucket shops.

As far as their prices go, the one I used had very, very little difference between their prices and the real ones.

Ironically FPA website is full of ranting and wheeping about fx brokers and yet all brokers advertise there :LOL:

Yes I'm not convinced about all this talk about advertisers disappearing just because theyre getting a bit of stick. As you say FPA is full of much worse allegations yet the advertisers are still there, often amongst the allegations!

Attachments

• fpa.jpg
    fpa.jpg
    278.3 KB · Views: 197
[/COLOR]

It's the same usual suspects, Tar, Boils, Ross, TS and now Puzzy with a new ID..

Kinell mate bud bless...;)

The problem with that is I've repeatedly stated that minor slippage is just one of those things, that it's not or shouldn't be a problem, if it is you need to move.

At the same time, why would anybody object to problems and shoddy practices being exposed and commented upon?

Of course, as we know you don't trade so it's really a moot point for you.

I thought I'd posted this earlier but now I cant find it, maybe I just didnt post it as this fast moving thread is making my head spin. Anyhow here is an extract from the Virtual Dealer manual showing how positive and negative slippage can be programmed in.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 205

it's even simpler than that; under normal market circumstances, in a MARKET order you don't know the price you'll get, in a LIMIT order you don't know the quantity you'll get.

simples.

all other orders are derivatives of these two.

** Having read your post a second time, there is an error.

In your example, your LIMIT order was not a true limit order - if it had been a true limit order, the mkt price would have been held down by your order as the best offer until it was filled. Only when there was nothing more being offered at your limit price would the offer then tick up to the next best.

In this case, what has happened is your "limit" order seems to be a market or limit order with a stop trigger price - that is, as the mkt traded at your offer, your order was triggered and either a) a market order was sent on your behalf, or b) a limit order was sent, but by the time it reached the market the bid was above your limit offer price and so you ended up hitting the bid on your exit as it was a more favourable price than your limit price.

either way, it was not a true limit order. Stop limit or stop market.

Last edited:
Getting you head to spin aint difficult is it..? SML use it don't they? It's a meta trader specific app isn't it..well isn't it, oh fountain of sherbert knowledge?

Yes its a MT specific application, I'm sure none of the other platform or bridge providers have ever thought of such a thing.

""Pointless thread this is. Full of losers who can't accept responsibility for anything they might do.
"""

Your last statement sounds like black swan talking, not really the at the level I would expect from a T2W member of staff..
Would you care post a screen shot of your order and your +26 pips positive slippage? We welcome all proof as we are not single minded as some people are in here.
And if the owner of T2W is worried of losing any revenue because of a pip squeak of a man named after a crap film based of ballet dancers says, inform him, he need not worry because people who run companies will not be worried about a discussion such as this.

"""

Your last statement sounds like black swan talking, not really the at the level I would expect from a T2W member of staff..
Would you care post a screen shot of your order and your +26 pips positive slippage? We welcome all proof as we are not single minded as some people are in here.
And if the owner of T2W is worried of losing any revenue because of a pip squeak of a man named after a crap film based of ballet dancers says, inform him, he need not worry because people who run companies will not be worried about a discussion such as this.

I'm one of the very few who has in the past posted account statements.
If your so interested, go find them.

I'm one of the very few who has in the past posted account statements.
If your so interested, go find them.

If you make a statement and refuse to back it up, it's worthless wouldn't you agree? You can blank your account number out. Anyway, I'm off out, have people waiting. Here's to next week. :D