Post your bad spread bet fills here, research needed!

I used to use CMC many years ago under their old name and I would never use them again no matter how good they became, leopards never change their spots.

I think thats probably a very fair point. You cant change corporate culture on a sixpense.

On slippage I used 2waymarkets some years ago and I got slippage on my stops, I started if the price went past my stop I moved it slightly wider before they could close it and what happened the trade turned and went my way, but then all of a sudden my stops were closed dead on what I put and slippage disappeared. Recently with using ETX I had a ftse trade on and the market was moving fast, quiet slowly but the price went 3 points over my stop, I complained and they said slippage, I stopped using them, they were taking the p in a big way. I think if they are told I am not using you because of your slippage they would start to get the message. In all my years of using SB's they are the only time I have had slippage and that includes very fast markets as well, its only when the markets gaps I would be caught out but luckly I have never been on a wrong side of trade when a gap has happened.

I used to use CMC many years ago under their old name and I would never use them again no matter how good they became, leopards never change their spots.

FWIW, ETX gave me designer slippage as well. A point/pip or two on stops, but it happened at times when the market was hardly moving and there was no justification.

FWIW, ETX gave me designer slippage as well. A point/pip or two on stops, but it happened at times when the market was hardly moving and there was no justification.

It seems like slippage is common place with sb firms, so to record and compare seems like a good idea then we can side out who's the firm that's the best and worst to trade with.

The sb and fx 'industry' is unrecognisable from 5-10 years back. Punters haven't moved on..

I agree, they are nowhere near as bad. However as FXCMs fine shows they are by no means operating totally above board. Remember these cases are only the ones we have heard about to date.

Sheesh there's some ****in ****heads on this thread. Knocking SB and Brokers, Market Makers etc. What makes you think DMA is any better ! If there is No Market being made and a Gap or Intervention occurs, then you get the next available price, this is even worse when you consider that your also in a queue to get that next available price. :LOL:

Attachments

• bring on the clowns.gif
    bring on the clowns.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 205
It seems like slippage is common place with sb firms, so to record and compare seems like a good idea then we can side out who's the firm that's the best and worst to trade with.

Or trade off time frames were the odd bad fill or slip is irrelevant to your performance..

To expect perfection from a platform or provider is deranged..even as a swing trader I expect circa 15% of my trades to be imperfect, could be me, could be the platform, could be the market, could be the provider. But when your target is hundred pips with a stop circa 85 then a couple of pips on fifteen out of 100 trades is irrelevant when amortised over the year..

Sheesh there's some ****in ****heads on this thread. Knocking SB and Brokers, Market Makers etc. What makes you think DMA is any better ! If there is No Market being made and a Gap or Intervention occurs, then you get the next available price, this is even worse when you consider that your also in a queue to get that next available price. :LOL:

They lose therefore they blame..

In a busy market yes, but you shouldn't be getting slipped on almost every trade especially in quiet times.

I think people are missing the point here. It's what's being advertised that is not being delivered.

If you advertise 0.7 or whatever spreads, you should deliver it or advertise 0.7-10 pips spread, it's about the accuracy of the advertisment!

In this country ALL companies have to abide by rules that protect the consumer, that's the LAW. ;)

Yes damned NFA fining those nice brokers 2 million and making them repay the 8 million they'd taken off clients. Can't they understand slippage in entirely normal?

In a busy market yes, but you shouldn't be getting slipped on almost every trade especially in quiet times.

I think people are missing the point here. It's what's being advertised that is not being delivered.

If you advertise 0.7 or whatever spreads, you should deliver it or advertise 0.7-10 pips spread, it's about the accuracy of the advertisment!

In this country ALL companies have to abide by rules that protect the consumer, that's the LAW. ;)

Omfg...you're now suggesting you get a poor fill or slippage on every trade.:-0.your law claim is absurd..but no change there then eh?

Yes damned NFA fining those nice brokers 2 million and making them repay the 8 million they'd taken off clients. Can't they understand slippage in entirely normal?

fxcm's defence was considered acceptable by the vast majority of their client base.

Well said but you may be banging your head against the wall since many here continue to blame anything and everyone for dire trading results except themselves. OK - so there are bad guys but they are soon spotted but the experienced here on T2W.
Read what CV says above - thats all there is to it;)

Yes damned NFA fining those nice brokers 2 million and making them repay the 8 million they taken off clients. Can't they understand slippage in entirely normal?

Just in case you forgot...a leading DMA broker who regularly has down time each day...and it just so happened that BOJ intervened within this down time. That particular episode a few weeks back was many hundreds of points...no market at all for their clients.

Last edited:
No chance of me being banned..you on the other hand will not be allowed to troll to your hearts content on this thread..that's a fact..;)

Black Swan

I don't think I have ever responded to one of your posts before and have no ill or good feeling towards you but your constant saying the same thing over and over again on this thread is getting boring. You say advertisers will pull out if threads attacking them are allowed. I think it goes with the terrority if you advertise on a forum you have to expected to take the bad comments with the good comments, life isn't perfect and any company would love A1 posts about them but that isn't the real world.

I am interested in this thread to see what members can show to be true concerning SB's, we all know the games they play but their games are hard to prove and as soon as somebody says anything they are branded as a bad trader who is losing money and they want to get even by you. That can't be true in every case.

Just in case you forgot...a leading DMA broker who regularly has down time each day...and it just so happened that BOJ intervened within this down time. That particular episode a few weeks back was many hundreds of points...no market at all for their clients.

Yes that sounds familier, black swans beloved CMC do exactly the same (that's why he's wearing his/her little fingers out to ruin this thread) close the market so people can't make money at volatile times, below is the proof, and the more times they do it, the more screen shots will appear here and other sites. The choice is theirs.

Attachments

• suspended iffy order rejection.JPG
    suspended iffy order rejection.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 196
  • brent order delayed cmc rip off.jpg
    brent order delayed cmc rip off.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 205
Black Swan

I am interested in this thread to see what members can show to be true concerning SB's, we all know the games they play but their games are hard to prove and as soon as somebody says anything they are branded as a bad trader who is losing money and they want to get even by you. That can't be true in every case.

Threads such as this often wake up the lurkers. Would you believe that the sb firms thrive due to failure of traders? So where does this thread go, what do you or the bitters think it will change? It won't improve their mindset or results will it which is where the faults lie. The sb firms make money due to the simple fact that circa 80% of trades are losing trades..

This proves to me you don't trade at all. You talk out the back of your head. Slippage against a trader will hinder not help them. For us to discu....you know what, you're not even worth to try and teach, you're far too ignorant, and attacking everyone on this thread just shows how desperate you are. Have you not got a life?

Trade2Win MODS, are you going to stand by and let black swan carry on this harrasment?

Good grief, never heard of positive slippage then? Once gain you've betrayed your level of ignorance and experience. Give it up. No one is being attacked, you're being exposed as a mischief making nuisance..

Teach, what you? :LOL: