Possible to turn off smiley panels?

Willy

Everytime I write a message I'm surrounded by lots of blinking waving smilies, quite distracting. Is there a way to turn these panels to the right and bottom off?

You can in other forums but I haven't found a way to do it here.

I'm perfectly happy with the dropdown list when I use a smiley once in a while. And even though I only use them once in a while I'm perfectly happy. :)

Willy

Everytime I write a message I'm surrounded by lots of blinking waving smilies, quite distracting. Is there a way to turn these panels to the right and bottom off?

You can in other forums but I haven't found a way to do it here.

I'm perfectly happy with the dropdown list when I use a smiley once in a while. And even though I only use them once in a while I'm perfectly happy. :)

Willy

Probably not, but if you use firefox with adblock you can easily block the more annoying ones like the clap and the other animated ones. Will also have the benefit of blocking these on actual posts too. Spanish89 (a former member) used to splash them everywhere.

Adblocker is also good for slectively blocking silly member avatar images that you dont like. Trade2win members avatars arent too bad in this respect but on other boards some people get carried away and use very annoying avatars..

Hi Willy,

Another suggestion for you would be to use the "Quick Reply" option down at the bottom of every page in a thread. Unfortunately this isn't available for creating new threads, but it does give you a window to reply in without seeing the smileys (although it does have a dropdown for them if you need to select one). It's actually what I use most of the time to reply to something for ease of use, as long as I'm not quoting somebody else.