Position trading stocks

Malaguti

Quite interesting that. My 3+ bar retracement would have had me entering in nearly the same places as yours. Would have had one certain stop out and maybe another, though.

I think it's reasonable to exclude stocks that don't move in a way that supports your strategy and have a stable of those that do. A moveable feast, of course, as per my earlier comments concerning weir.

Cheers

Its not surprising to be honest. The entry is not the thing that increases your profit/hit rate. if the trend is going to go up, it matters little if you are entering on a pullback, a breakout, a macd cross etc etc. if its up, its up. Its all in the exit
so you exit on a 3 bar retracement? I can code that up and see what the results are like..and you enter on the high after the 3 bar?
if you are interested that is, and I'll keep it just between me and you :whistling

Its not surprising to be honest. The entry is not the thing that increases your profit/hit rate. if the trend is going to go up, it matters little if you are entering on a pullback, a breakout, a macd cross etc etc. if its up, its up. Its all in the exit
so you exit on a 3 bar retracement? I can code that up and see what the results are like..and you enter on the high after the 3 bar?
if you are interested that is, and I'll keep it just between me and you :whistling

Enter after 3 bar retracement on high of last (assumed) retracement bar going. Need a bit of momentum rather than a stagger through, though (difficult to code that bit). Stoploss below retracement low, but don't necessarily wait for that. Exit generally last swing high where retrace started unless momentum carries it further ( another judgement call). Only need return to risk 1.5:1 to keep account ticking along.

Enter after 3 bar retracement on high of last (assumed) retracement bar going. Need a bit of momentum rather than a stagger through, though (difficult to code that bit). Stoploss below retracement low, but don't necessarily wait for that. Exit generally last swing high where retrace started unless momentum carries it further ( another judgement call). Only need return to risk 1.5:1 to keep account ticking along.

I can code those, I'll let you know how i get on

One new setup

Long CCU, buy limit 2732 stop loss 2632

Currently still long FNV and NOMD

Trailing a hard stop to breakeven on FNV

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    25.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited:
I can code those, I'll let you know how i get on

Cool let me know how these tests go . If you get a chance you should try a close under the 6 week Ema as an exit (for a continuation style )

May be inappropriate for a pullback style since by definition a pullback entry is probably already under the 6 ema

One new order : Buy limit ARMK 40.75,stop loss 39.40

Just a nice clean flag breakout

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    23.6 KB · Views: 202
After quite a surge in FNV it looks like the weekly bar may close as a bearish hammer /pin bar . If this is the case , I will trail a hard stop just a few ticks below the pin/hammer . That would still lock in a nice 1.5R ish profit

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 158
One new order for next week , nice clean and sharp flag break on AON : buy limit 142.64 Stop 138.20

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    18.5 KB · Views: 179
Starting new job on Monday so will try and keep this going as much as I can lol. Without the job there's no funds to trade with ��

After quite a surge in FNV it looks like the weekly bar may close as a bearish hammer /pin bar . If this is the case , I will trail a hard stop just a few ticks below the pin/hammer . That would still lock in a nice 1.5R ish profit

Bar closed quite strong actually but I am going to trail my hard stop to 80 to lock in around +1R ( but the 6 Ema will remain a mechanical exit too if we close below it)

Starting new job on Monday so will try and keep this going as much as I can lol. Without the job there's no funds to trade with ��

Hope the new job goes well, chartsy. No market peeking during working hours :)

no need to stop, just make the trading a nice secondary income
you can stay weekly, just look to hold slightly longer
otherwise monthly

no need to stop, just make the trading a nice secondary income
you can stay weekly, just look to hold slightly longer
otherwise monthly

Yeh that was always the plan . Weekly charts are perfect for people working full time jobs I think

By the way I hope everyone realises this is sim trading in case it wasn't obvious lol. I just have no money to trade but this is really all I can do to stay involved with the markets till I get cash:cheesy: