• Welcome to the Darwinex Forums, these forums are member-run and managed by CavaliereVerde. Member-run forum rules may differ from the site guidelines.

[PORTFOLIO] IlIlIlIlI investing

IlIlIlIlI

This is a screenshot of my real money portfolio:
1611163869648.png

The veterans might remember the first part of it as published on the Darwinex forum.

As I started promising buying Darwins with a trading sheme, the portfolio lost in the second half of the year 2020. When I lost more than 1 % every business day in December, I stopped trading it.
I gave my idea to trade Darwins up and started to trade for my Darwin ILR.
That is the gap on the chart and the good point about that frustrating decision.

The portfolio has leverage x3.

When my Darwin ILR was published on the 11th of January, I bought it as only position and it could recover the earlier losses in less than 2 weeks.

As long as I am the only investor of my Darwin, I will sell it when it is flat to reduce the management fee and to get the maximum investment out of leverage 3 by rebuying it before trading.

Last edited:
January ends with profit - but there was and could have been more:
1611959219359.png

Let's see what can be done in February.

Last edited:
The German government plans to change the tax regulations (§ 20 Abs. 6 Satz 5 EStG) to cap the loss-off setting to 20k EUR per year starting from January 2021.
As an indication for investors or potential buyers from Germany I want to publish the Darwin related data of my own investment in my Darwin ILR (without the trading account) which might have to be used for the German tax declaration.

These are the figures for January 2021:

1613583600287.png
Note:
As I sold my Darwin overnight in January to save some cents management fees the investment volume is set to the value of the period start. In January I started with an investment of 2,250 EUR when the Darwin was published and investable. I also sell my Darwin from time to time now and rebuy it immediately, mainly because some metrics are recalculated immediately when the investment amount changes.
The performance fee paid is higher than 20% of the investor profit as my Darwin did not close January 2021 on a new all time high.
The 'Sum Gross Loss Trades' is the figure which would be capped if it exceeds 20k EUR for the whole year 2021.
Related to my current investment amount I can sleep well. :)

Unfortunately these figures can only be derived from the monthly tax report if you invest in only one Darwin. The reason is that the 'investor profit (trade)' is shown only related to the asset traded and not to the Darwin which created it.

Edit:
And to keep this post portfolio related also for readers from other countries: ;)
1613585557510.png

Last edited:
As I decided to stop trading for today, this is the end of the month result for February 2021 in my investment portfolio:
1614351967780.png

The chart shows the success of February 2021.

With 28.81 % profit in one month this February is the most successful month for my investor portfolio.
The portfolio restarted with an initial deposit of 750 EUR in January 2021 when I could start investing in ILR with leverage x3, so the starting amount to invest was 2.250 EUR. Currently I invested 3,040.32 EUR by reinvesting all the profit also with leverage x3.

Now I'm curious what can be done in March.

Last edited:
As an indication for investors or potential buyers from Germany related to planned changes of the tax regulations (§ 20 Abs. 6 Satz 5 EStG) from Germany I want to publish the Darwin related data of my own investment in my Darwin ILR (without the trading account) which might have to be used for the German tax declaration for 2021.

The following picture contains the Darwin related data for the first two months of 2021 and the monthly data:
1615068607092.png

Note:
As I reinvested my profit of this Darwin last time on January 25th, the investment amount of 2,481.09 EUR was the investment volume for the beginning of February 2021.
I stopped to sell the Darwin overnight so the management fee in February is doubled against January. The investment started on January 11th, so January was not a full month, but of course the fee rises with the increasing balance.
The 'Sum Gross Loss Trades' is the figure which would be capped if it exceeds 20k EUR for the whole year 2021. It show 482.95 EUR for the first two months of this year.
The net profit (before income taxes) is 263.71 EUR which is 35.16 % profit in two months of the initial deposit of 750 EUR (leverage x3 gave an amount of 2.250 EUR which was invested in January 2021).

1617369664649.png

as ILR had its worst DD, the protfolio also suffered as expected.
The year 2021 and the investment in ILR is still profitable, but does not fully cover the losses of the previous year when I was trading other Darwins.

As an indication for investors or potential buyers from Germany related to planned changes of the tax regulations (§ 20 Abs. 6 Satz 5 EStG) from Germany I want to publish the Darwin related data of my own investment in my Darwin ILR (without the trading account) which might have to be used for the German tax declaration for 2021.

The following picture contains the Darwin related data for the first three months of 2021 and the monthly data:
1617492663260.png

The 'Sum Gross Loss Trades' is the figure which would be capped if it exceeds 20k EUR for the whole year 2021. It show 1,081.27 EUR for the quarter of this year.
If I take this figure as maximum value for a quarter, I would end 2021 with less than 5k for 2021 with this investment.

Last edited:
1619898297873.png

While the Darwin ILR showed a small loss, the portfolio made a gain of 3.9 % in April. The reason is the positive divergence which pushed the portfolio into profit, besides fees were to pay.

The following picture contains the Darwin related data for the first four months of 2021 and the monthly data:
1620125012370.png

As the Darwin didn't close on a all time high, the retained performance fee was refunded for the difference. The amount was reinvested in the portfolio on my Darwin ILR. This refund brought the portfolio into a small profit shich is not shown in the chart.

The 'Sum Gross Loss Trades' is the figure which would be capped if it exceeds 20k EUR for the whole year 2021. It show 1,375.42 EUR for the first four months of this year.
If I take this figure as maximum value for four months, I would end 2021 with about 4k for 2021 with this investment.