Porfolio management software needed

Graham Wade

Porfolio Managers

Hi
I'm looking for a good Portfolio Manager, the one in Updata Technical Analyst is a joke. Anyone got any suggestions for a reasonably priced system?

Hello
I am not seeking to defend or praise Updata when I say I don't believe that TA sets out to be a comprehensive Portfolio management tool.

Updata market a specific product for this purpose and it is called Portfolio Professional.

Sharescope meets my fairly simple needs for EOD dealings and my intraday needs are dealt with in Excel

Hi
I realise that updata don't really intend anyone to use the built in portfolio manager as a serious tool :D . As you say they do sell Portfolio Professional, but it's £500 +VAT. I have been doing some searching on the internet and found a few that look reasonable but I'm probably going to use the NAIC Portfolio Record Keeper 4 - it's $120 and extracts price info from the free service providers amd does everything I need and more. Only "problem" is that you have to enter the number of shares divided by 100 to cater for the price updates in pence. What a hard life it is :(

Hi
Thanks for the link - from the Web page it appears that it only reads MetaStock data and as I'm using Updata I need something that either supports that format (unlikely I know :D ) or more likely that reads information from the Internet using one of the free service providers.

Gotta say, i'm amazed at the number of people using Eccel as a serious investor tool!! Very Cool.

a0-0b