Population bombshell

Yes the population is set to rapidly expand in coming years just as sea levels rise.

How do you know levels will rise, there are too many conflicting studies.

Yes the population is set to rapidly expand in coming years just as sea levels rise.

The planets of the Galactic confederation, a system of 76 planets under one government that existed 75 million years ago had an average population of 280 billion people per planet. The population's parabolic increase in the latter stages of the existence of the confederation caused such strife that the ruler pulled the fastest one one can imagine - he assembled a group of top-notch engineers/experts and designed the ultimate solution to reduce the overall population by implanting the ultimate control mechanism in the mind - betwixt the spirit and the mind. Such an electronic circuit would stick other beings to it on top of the central being, actually all around him. This in theory would reduce the population by anywhere from 100-1,000%+.
fibo_trader

It worked.

The massive TRANSPORT to Teejeeack took place in aeroplanes resembling the DC - 10

Welcome to Teejeeack (Earth). Ruler's name was Xenu.

A civil war broke out in the Galactic confederation thereafter as there were beings with a conscience who rose in revolt against Xenu. He was captured and imprisoned in an electronic fortress in which he still is.

fibo_trader

:):)
What happened to the Galactic Confederation? The answer most definitely lies in the clearly observable fact that Teejeeack is a no fly zone. We have to nail one of them to get the facts. Anyone ever wondered why we only get so far in the discovery of Light, Physics, chemistry, Math, Nuclear Ph, Astro Ph - and then we blow ourselves up and start from scratch? Rediscover the same things over and over. Its the way the implant was designed, we keep ourselves imprisoned here, not much external management is reqd. They come to see us like we go to the Zoo, its fun for them.

Look around - at any given time there are 10+ wars going on. Major one yet to come, WW3 is the one that will have us restarting the cycle.

Imagine the advantage to a trader if he could remember all the stuff cumulatively learned? won't work! Why? The forgetter mechanism kicks in the moment you pick up a new body.

Any questions?

Population problem therefore solved at least to a major part ........................

280 billion x 76 planets = ?

stick coefficient of beings 100-1000%+, then after completion, packaging into clusters which takes the % to the millions.
All of the population gotten rid of now takes up 8 billion people on Teejeeack in current times. But wait. What about the billions who cannot find a body as none are available? They are sh*t out of luck. But the competition for a body is fierce after body death. Only the relatively able get one - baby crying at birth? Yeah, poor fella has just been thru' the ringer to get that little body and start a new life.

Yikes!

Immigration
I was thinking; surely Pat's started a thread that addresses this topic - if not specifically - then in general terms. This one looks to me to be the best fit.

All parties in their election campaigns have one thing in common - they don't want to discuss immigration and don't want to make specific commitments either to increase it or reduce it. My feeling is that although immigration isn't the cause of all the country's problems - it's certainly a contributory factor to a great many of them. Here's why . . .

Current net levels are circa 300,000 per annum. That's roughly a city a size of Newcastle; housing them alone will require a new home to be built every 6 minutes, 24/7. Then there's the infrastructure that's required; transport, schools and health services etc. That's just the ones who are here legally. Of all illegal immigrants that enter the EU, some 25% come to the UK, estimated to be around 1,000,000 people. Now, before going any further, the points I'm making here have absolutely nothing to do with Brexit or racism. I accept completely the argument that people from all over the world can enrich the UK in many ways and, if the numbers are limited to sustainable levels - then I welcome them with open arms. However, the current high volume is anything but sustainable.

By way of example - take the impact of immigration on the NHS. The number of outpatient appointments has doubled in the last ten years, putting massive strain on the service. The solution offered by politicians is to throw more and more money at the problem and recruit more staff etc. But, critically, none of them mention ways in which the growth in outpatient numbers can be slowed or even stalled. I realise there are many reasons for the huge increase, such as an ageing population, cuts to budgets for social care, staff shortages and lifestyle factors etc. However, it strikes me as a no-brainer that if the population of the country is exploding then, surprise surprise, outpatient appointments will rise too. Doh! Cutting the population growth is an obvious way to help alleviate the problem, and the easiest way to do that is to impose strict and enforceable limits on the numbers of people we allow to enter the UK permanently. But, like I say, no politician is prepared to say that for fear of being branded a racist, Islamophobic or xenophobic etc.
Tim.

Tim's post at #9 talks a lot of sense. I'm a bit fed up with all the hypocrisy from the eco-brigade and their political followers (Thunderberg etc) who would have us foraging in the forest for nuts for dinner, buying cars but not using them and generally taking us back to the Stone Age – and all this but never a mention of population growth which underlies all the things they go on about.

There doesn't appear to be an acceptable solution (it would seem that even the Chinese 2 kids and you're out rule isn't working) so presumably mother nature will eventually provide an effective but unpalatable answer?

Immigration
I was thinking; surely Pat's started a thread that addresses this topic - if not specifically - then in general terms. This one looks to me to be the best fit.

All parties in their election campaigns have one thing in common - they don't want to discuss immigration and don't want to make specific commitments either to increase it or reduce it. My feeling is that although immigration isn't the cause of all the country's problems - it's certainly a contributory factor to a great many of them. Here's why . . .

Current net levels are circa 300,000 per annum. That's roughly a city a size of Newcastle; housing them alone will require a new home to be built every 6 minutes, 24/7. Then there's the infrastructure that's required; transport, schools and health services etc. That's just the ones who are here legally. Of all illegal immigrants that enter the EU, some 25% come to the UK, estimated to be around 1,000,000 people. Now, before going any further, the points I'm making here have absolutely nothing to do with Brexit or racism. I accept completely the argument that people from all over the world can enrich the UK in many ways and, if the numbers are limited to sustainable levels - then I welcome them with open arms. However, the current high volume is anything but sustainable.

By way of example - take the impact of immigration on the NHS. The number of outpatient appointments has doubled in the last ten years, putting massive strain on the service. The solution offered by politicians is to throw more and more money at the problem and recruit more staff etc. But, critically, none of them mention ways in which the growth in outpatient numbers can be slowed or even stalled. I realise there are many reasons for the huge increase, such as an ageing population, cuts to budgets for social care, staff shortages and lifestyle factors etc. However, it strikes me as a no-brainer that if the population of the country is exploding then, surprise surprise, outpatient appointments will rise too. Doh! Cutting the population growth is an obvious way to help alleviate the problem, and the easiest way to do that is to impose strict and enforceable limits on the numbers of people we allow to enter the UK permanently. But, like I say, no politician is prepared to say that for fear of being branded a racist, Islamophobic or xenophobic etc.
Tim.

None of the major political parties have immigration reduction in their manifesto's, some of the smaller parties do (along with other common sense policies that the big parties won't adopt). I think it goes further than the fear of losing votes, surely reducing immigration would be a vote winner!

There has to be another reason why immigration won't be tackled, my guess is it's all back to money, basically the establishment has been bribed into accepting uncontrolled migration in exchange for some kind of money exchange. Is it because local councils make £millions from immigration, is it because oil-rich countries are providing back-handers or is it because the commonwealth demands Britain to take more and more people? Will we ever get to the bottom of the real reasons if it is not to do with Political Correctness? PC could well be the major cause.

No government, so far, has even been willing to tackle illegal immigration, never mind legal immigration, there is no hope for our public services and housing etc other than to provide more provision or to see a real time cut, the public have been banging on about this issue for a couple of decades now and it has, YoY, got worse and worse.

As long as we continue to vote the numpties into power, the numpties will continue to make a mess of it (and obsfucate the reasons), lemmings at the ballot box.

timsk,
you are so wrong, on so many levels, I don't know where to begin.
(full disclosure: I am a tree-hugger, but believe only technology (mostly) can save us. not a big fan of millenial whiners like Thunberg, either.)

Are you saying the doubling of NHS appts are directly caused by a mere extra 300K pa?
How much is the increase due to expanded services by NHS?

When it comes to NHS resource requests, how many are immediate life-threatening?
(car accidents, broken bones, industrial accidents, OBGNY compiications?) - external threats?

How many are long-term issues caused by life-style? - internal?
Lung cancer (preventable by not smoking), liver disease (preventable by not drinking to excess), obesity (preventable by portion-size, and self-restraint)?

How many NHS issues are "fix-and-done" and how many are "oh-crap:-no-fix:-just-manage-the-issue-till-death" drip-drip cost?

With regards to immigration:
can the UK survive without importing food and resources? (oil, coal, gas, food)

If you had a warm home, books, and a stocked fridge, and someone burst into your home, and took your heaters, books and the food in your fridge, would you not follow them across town, find their house, banged on their door, and say "hey, thats my warmth, education, and food!", I want it back!?"
How this any different to us plundering resources from lands beyond our shores, but shut the door on the people we are effectively depriving, when they come knocking wanting their stuff back?

When we build new generation car-batteries for our electric cars, what are the critical metals we need? Platinum, cadmium, nickel, cobalt? Whats the indigenous resource levels of those when you buy a new smartphone, toaster, or Tesla?
Anyway, hope you had a good day trading, and enjoy your weekend.

re: 0007,
we obviously can't go foraging for nuts, berries, that would be silly.
but we can stop importing so much stuff, and encourage local produce, and businesses.
Do we really need to import meats from Aus and NZ, when we should be buying Welsh and Scottish?
Perhaps a small levy on transport miles, making local products more attractive?

Don't know, but don't make the simplistic lumping of all eco-types into one meme.
I think we should utilize wave-generators for fuel, for example. (Salter Ducks, OTEC thermal, etc)
There are simple, practical things we can work on, that aren't airy-fairy, pseudo-politico Extinction Rebellion-type nonsense,

but we can stop importing so much stuff, and encourage local produce, and businesses.
Do we really need to import meats from Aus and NZ, when we should be buying Welsh and Scottish?

Don't know, but don't make the simplistic lumping of all eco-types into one meme.
I think we should utilize wave-generators for fuel, for example. (Salter Ducks, OTEC thermal, etc)
There are simple, practical things we can work on, that aren't airy-fairy, pseudo-politico Extinction Rebellion-type nonsense,
– All good stuff in theory but you'll never get general approval for it when they realise the localised economic consequences. Even so, it's a drop in the ocean compared to population explosion which is exponential & therefore likely to get out of control if not already so. And although we take it very seriously in UK, what about the rest of the world eg. China? Indian subcontinent?

Wish I knew the answer!

Given that climate change has become politicised, any common sense proposals are going to be ignored in favour of whatever the latest eco-fad happens to be (XR et al) that suits whichever political party is in power. And because it is politicised, it's actually northing to do with the climate and everything to do with big money, investment and getting ordinary tax payers in Western countries to pay for it (rich getting richer off the back of ordinary working people as per usual).

To bring it back into the realm of common sense - the question of local food sustainability has everything to do with population growth, available land and growing methods. If you have a growing population with reduced agricultural land available to grow on because housing has been built to allow the local growing population to live, then where are you going to find the local farms to produce the food to feed the growing population? The answer always come back to numbers of people consuming whatever, nothing to do with politics, nothing to do with big money investments, simple equation from simple thinking (and years of observation), no need to over complicate and obsfucate.

We don't need the XR agenda to tell us anything we don't already know about the planet and where Britain in particular is headed, we already have the answers, as it has been politicised it needs politicians with balls to say it as it is, unfortunately we will be waiting a long time for that to happen and in ther meantime we all get screwed for no benefit other than to big money and politicians pockets.

timsk,
(full disclosure: I am a tree-hugger, but believe only technology (mostly) can save us. not a big fan of millenial whiners like Thunberg, either.)

Are you saying the doubling of NHS appts are directly caused by a mere extra 300K pa?
How much is the increase due to expanded services by NHS?

When it comes to NHS resource requests, how many are immediate life-threatening?
(car accidents, broken bones, industrial accidents, OBGNY compiications?) - external threats?

How many are long-term issues caused by life-style? - internal?
Lung cancer (preventable by not smoking), liver disease (preventable by not drinking to excess), obesity (preventable by portion-size, and self-restraint)?

How many NHS issues are "fix-and-done" and how many are "oh-crap:-no-fix:-just-manage-the-issue-till-death" drip-drip cost?

If this is the case, then why don't politicians tell us?

Obviously not and it's only going to get worse.

If you had a warm home, books, and a stocked fridge, and someone burst into your home, and took your heaters, books and the food in your fridge, would you not follow them across town, find their house, banged on their door, and say "hey, thats my warmth, education, and food!", I want it back!?"
How this any different to us plundering resources from lands beyond our shores, but shut the door on the people we are effectively depriving, when they come knocking wanting their stuff back?

When we build new generation car-batteries for our electric cars, what are the critical metals we need? Platinum, cadmium, nickel, cobalt? Whats the indigenous resource levels of those when you buy a new smartphone, toaster, or Tesla?

Why the guilt trip? Who is it that is coming to claim what the UK has stolen? Do they come here, take what we have initally taken from them and then go back with it to their own country? When did the UK even steal whatever it is that the UK stole in the first place. Sounds like a straw man argument to me.

Do we have any UK tax based industries that manufacture modern electricals that need rare metals? Or are most of the things we use today manufactured by foreign owned companies, paying no UK tax, why are you finger pointing at the UK?

Last edited:
Politicians do like boasting about growth in GDP and immigration quite suits them since population growth = GDP growth (even if the per capita GPD goes down).

There’s plenty of space left to accommodate the increase but, as Tim points out, it’s the infrastructure that can’t cope to the degree we would want. Ah, yes, I still remember enjoying driving on sparsely populated motorways where the outside lane was little used - I don’t think the designers had three choc-a-bloc lanes of traffic hurtling along in mind.

Hi trendie,
Thanks for your comments.
. . . you are so wrong, on so many levels, I don't know where to begin.
I can help with that. In a nutshell, my main point is that allowing in a million immigrants every three years is unsustainable: we're a (relatively) small island that's densely populated (5th in the world, I believe), without the necessary resources and infrastructure to support such high numbers. If you think I'm wrong on this specific point, I'd be interested to hear your counter argument.

No, absolutely not. To be fair, I acknowledged there are all kinds of reasons for the increase - and listed a number of them. That said, it seems completely logical to me that if the population increases - then demand on the NHS (and housing, transport and education etc.) will be commensurate.

I sort of get your point, but what I don't really get is what all this has to do with the my core point? Even if one accepts what you say without question - what do you suggest - that we fling open our doors to the entire world and let in anybody and everybody that wants to come and live here? If so, our national guilt may be assuaged, but I can say with complete confidence that it won't end well!
Tim.

Even though I'm in the United States I have to ask you this question because our country has the same problems:

Does this mean you believe in unlimited population growth?