Popping out for a smoke......

Thats pretty amazing, and both men were lucky people in that sense.

Having a strong genetic background has got to be an important factor..........:idea:

They really were lucky people in that sense.

I learnt yesterday that a previously very fit, strong & athletic young man in his late 20's, a person I didn't know personally, but i knew of him, through playing sport, died of cancer a few months ago. Very sad to hear.

To me, in a way, it doesn't seem fair that things like this can happen to fit, young, clean living people, but some people who abuse their bodies, appear blessed, and live into old age.

For me, it Just goes to show that trying to live in the present as much as possible is important, and to not become too obsessed with things like money etc. as you just never know whats in store.

Alcohol may be a bigger killer (although I do not know that) ,but the first victim is the person drinking ....unless he pukes on my shoes at least he isn't interfering with 'non combatants' ...until his livers on the table anyway.
The other argument is drinking in moderation has not been proven to be debilitating...that cannot be said about smoking.
Perhaps we should also bring the porkers onboard and discuss the merits of overeating etc ;)

They really were lucky people in that sense.

I learnt yesterday that a previously very fit, strong & athletic young man in his late 20's, a person I didn't know personally, but i knew of him, through playing sport, died of cancer a few months ago. Very sad to hear.

To me, in a way, it doesn't seem fair that things like this can happen to fit, young, clean living people, but some people who abuse their bodies, appear blessed, and live into old age.

For me, it Just goes to show that trying to live in the present as much as possible is important, and to not become too obsessed with things like money etc. as you just never know whats in store.

Yes well said.

Fox Hunting, Fags, Fishing, Fornication, Freedom,

This is the real Hidden Secret Agenda.

Ignoring the effects to yourself through smoking and drinking. The number of deaths caused to other people from the use of alcohol/cigarettes, according to the WHO, is statistically higher through alcohol.

(I personally don't see what a washed up 60's rock band have to do with this but...) :cheesy:

The WHO couldn't find it's own ****...e never mind create reliable data ...and I never liked their music ... ;)

Yes well said.

Fox Hunting, Fags, Fishing, Fornication, Freedom,

This is the real Hidden Secret Agenda.

that's why I posted the links in my post number 53. :cheesy:

i wonder how "they" will try to ban fornication? :LOL:

"i wonder how "they" will try to ban fornication? "
They won't......afterall the three main killers ...smoking,drinking and overeating all involve putting something in your mouth so fornication does not qualify :eek:

They won't......afterall the three main killers ...smoking,drinking and overeating all involve putting something in your mouth so fornication does not qualify :eek:

R U sure about that :confused: :D :?:

I'm sure you know all about 61.8...

IMO 69 rules supreme

PM me if you need to kow more...

you mean granma don't you...the "69" then becomes 96 through sheer physical incapacitation... ie you don't dare let go of the zimmerframe ;)