Please Help! Stop loss triggered even though the price only went up....

Choppy69

11 1
yep, but I cant find any charts anywhere that show it dropping at all, let alone all the way down to 2704 from around 4700...

Lampooka

Established member
541 32
Hi,

Really hoping you guys can help as I recently purchased 215qty of 2AMZ at 4637 with Hargreaves Lansdowne and set a stop loss of 4350 (approx 5% lower). The ETP is offered by a company called leverage shares .com (all one word).

I have been told that the stop loss hit and my position was sold, however none of the charts are showing this to be the case and I feel there has been some kind of an error. Not only did the stop loss trigger even though the price for this stock continued to rise all day from the moment I purchased it, it sold for 2704 approximately 40-45% below the price.

I also had exactly the same thing happen with the same stock around 30 minutes later in my ISA account where I had bought the same stock.

Please can somebody advise how this is possible as I have lost a lot of money.

Choppy69 - How long ago is recently? On April 15 it traded a low of 4275.

barjon

Legendary member
10,705 1,809
Yep, im not sure what info your broker is obliged to give you but there must be record somewhere.
The charts may show it, but it depends on what price its built from. Say you had a line chart built from bid and ask data, youd have two lines (ask - bid) with a gap in the middle (spread). Your executions should be easy to spot on a chart like that.

Not sure what chart you’re using, it may be configured on mid-price. See if you can configure your chart on bid price and it should show up. If not raise merry hell with HL.

Choppy69

11 1
Choppy69 - How long ago is recently? On April 15 it traded a low of 4275.

Like yesterday!! Even 4275 is way above 2704.... I just don't get it?

Bought Qty 81 @ 4625 at 11:28
Bought Qty 215 @ 4637 at 11:32

Sold Qty 81 @ 2704 at 12:50
Sold Qty 264 @ 2704 at 12:39 (264 because I already purchased 49 previously)

Choppy69

11 1
Not sure what chart you’re using, it may be configured on mid-price. See if you can configure your chart on bid price and it should show up. If not raise merry hell with HL.

I've looked at just about every chart I can find but Trading view seems to hold the most info hour by hour and still the lows are nowhere near 2704..

Choppy69

11 1
Good idea, Just sent them an email so hopefully hear back from them.

I mean I'm not being unreasonable am I? Surely there should be something in the charts to say it dropped this low and even if it did that is a huge spread that seems pretty unlikely right?

darktone

Veteren member
4,013 1,073
You simply dont know yet. LSE will definitely have the info you need and hopefully theyll give it to you foc. Theres some sort of mistake or you got caught, either way theres a lesson to be learned.
GL with it

Lampooka

Established member
541 32
Like yesterday!! Even 4275 is way above 2704.... I just don't get it?

Bought Qty 81 @ 4625 at 11:28
Bought Qty 215 @ 4637 at 11:32

Sold Qty 81 @ 2704 at 12:50
Sold Qty 264 @ 2704 at 12:39 (264 because I already purchased 49 previously)

You bought yesterday?
On March 25 the lowest low is 2696. If I were you I'd ask them some hard questions and demand too see data feed evidence.

Reactions: tomorton

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

But it's thanks to our sponsors that access to Trade2Win remains free for all. By viewing our ads you help us pay our bills, so please support the site and disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock