Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi Pocrel,

How's things? You say you've back tested this, does that mean you've coded it up or did you test it manually? What were the results like?

Sam.

Hey Sam
things are good, how are you?

as for the testing of the system i have tested it on currencies using Forextester this is done manually as its not coded yet

the results are very good but there is no substitute for live testing and i have been trading this for a long time now and its very profitable, i dont want to get into to much specific details and make to much promises on here people will have to judge for themselves but i think people can see already that its performing well

hope you like it

cheers

patrick

Missed trade

s and p

chart
s and p.gif

Yeah I'm not too bad thanks.

Interesting stuff, keep it up. I'll be following with interest. Also I have a few good indicators if anyone is interested - a pin bar indicator with alerts and a couple of good pivot point indicators. Let me know if anyone wants them.

Sam.

Yeah I'm not too bad thanks.

Interesting stuff, keep it up. I'll be following with interest. Also I have a few good indicators if anyone is interested - a pin bar indicator with alerts and a couple of good pivot point indicators. Let me know if anyone wants them.

Sam.

Hi megamuel i would be intrested in the alert for the pins i been searching for that stuff now for some time yhanks

Morning, just in the door from new york so not sure how long i will be able to keep my eyes open for trading today

i see the eurjpy was a nice trade this morning

chart
eurjpy.gif

looking at my charts now the ftse and cac40 look like they are setting up for a short

There is a potential, not completed pin, on FT, if anyone follows indices. I am in already because I use a lower time frame with other signals, but I shorted at 0917 - 5826. 10 point SL. This 30M pin completes at 0930.

The FT did not close below R1. I guess that that aborts the the pin trade.

I was trading on a different signal and I paid the price.

Last edited:
The FT did not close below R1. I guess that that aborts the the pin trade

cheers for the warning splitlink, yes the ftse did nt finish right and also retail sales were due out

we might get a better bar on the next 30 min close, anyway i am short cac now so i wont take any other european trades

did u see the cac40?

trading the cac40 in 5m @ 945 there is a B+/A pin and good divergence .

reasonable short shout.

cheers for the warning splitlink, yes the ftse did nt finish right and also retail sales were due out

we might get a better bar on the next 30 min close, anyway i am short cac now so i wont take any other european trades

did u see the cac40?

I wasnot looking at the time--I'm getting a bit long in the tooth to deviate too much from Footsie! :D However, I looked afterwards. Sorry you got stopped.

While we are on Footsie. I see that it touched the 2nd R at 5848. Woukld that have counted as a signal in your book?

Hello Pocrel,

How many monitors do you have in your set up or do you have just one for charts and toggle through the types of do you have 3 or 4 with a few indices/forex open?

How do you manage to keep an eye on all the markets?

I wasnot looking at the time--I'm getting a bit long in the tooth to deviate too much from Footsie! :D However, I looked afterwards. Sorry you got stopped.

While we are on Footsie. I see that it touched the 2nd R at 5848. Woukld that have counted as a signal in your book?

i dont see any pin bars from the ftse on r2 so no there is no signal there

not sure what you are pointing out?

Hello Pocrel,

How many monitors do you have in your set up or do you have just one for charts and toggle through the types of do you have 3 or 4 with a few indices/forex open?

How do you manage to keep an eye on all the markets?

hi martinm2,
thanks for adding to the journal but may i ask you to keep your signals to the 30 min charts please as people will start getting calls from everywhere on all time frames and things will start getting confusing, hope you dont mind thx

As for screens i have 2 and i have an alarm that goes off just before the 30min candle closes and i quickly look over the charts

but even with this i miss things but i find the system works well, i recommend people have an alarm set for the 30min bar close it makes it also easier otherwise you forget to look at the charts, that happen to me even yesterday :smart:

just watching the eur/usd for a short

depends how this 30min bar finishes