Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
no mate not tested it on structural pivots, i find my system works well with the pins and calculated pivots, i do look at support and resistence when taking trades and targets but i dont really want to get into that here as it might confuse people to much, trying to keep the system simple and see how we progress
sure...i get your point. reading on pin bars reminded me of structural pivots...didnt mean to complicate anything...

Great job on the week.

I'm trying this one out on Footsie again. I got a pin on the 0830 bar. It's against the trend but I've entered short 5776 at 0923.

My normal trade got spoilt because of a computer crash. When I finally got on, this pin was there so I took it.

Another poor morning. The pin has not been broken but I have closed out for a loss of about 17 points. As I said, this trade is still intact but I need to close from boredom and necessity!

Looking it over, the trend was up according to the averages, so I would have been better off long

Hi everyone,

There was a sell signal on the Dow Jones at 15:00 - 15:30pm off the R3 pivot. It fell down to R2 for approx 58pts.

Attachments

• pic.gif
    pic.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 371
thanks for the charts and trades splitlink and Pi3141 keep it up, i wont be trading properly till wed morning due to work commitments
but if i get a chance to look at charts and see anything then i will post even if its just examples and please feel free to post examples if anyone spots them it is good for practice and everyone can learn from it
thanks

patrick

Thanks Dubai, should have Bern blanked.

Well the cac formed another pin bar that gave even a better risk reward and looks liked it worked nicely, can't trade as I am getting on a flight again

I took this on crude and exited for 25 points. 4 bullish hammers (pins?) off S1. was so quick didnt have time to post chart after entry as I had to monitor position.

Attachments

• Daily US Light Crude (Apr) (18-MAR-11).png
    Daily US Light Crude (Apr) (18-MAR-11).png
    26.4 KB · Views: 433
Well the 'old' way of trading pins has been out of date for a few years now as far as I can see. Let's see if your new system improves on it and makes money over time. Good job this last week, but note that the volatility kicked off a bit lately so that has likely improved any pin system's expectancy. If things calm down again I expect pins to become very difficult to trade as per usual.

All the best though with this journal and I hope you prove me wrong :D

I took this on crude and exited for 25 points. 4 bullish hammers (pins?) off S1. was so quick didnt have time to post chart after entry as I had to monitor position.
Wow what a movement. 250 pips move and I only bagged 25!.

The only way I could have caught the 250 pips was for my position to have been so small that I would have forgotten about it (i.e in cash terms it wouldnt have mounted to much anyway)

Attachments

• Daily US Light Crude 2 (Apr) (18-MAR-11).png
    Daily US Light Crude 2 (Apr) (18-MAR-11).png
    21.9 KB · Views: 328
Well the 'old' way of trading pins has been out of date for a few years now as far as I can see. Let's see if your new system improves on it and makes money over time. Good job this last week, but note that the volatility kicked off a bit lately so that has likely improved any pin system's expectancy. If things calm down again I expect pins to become very difficult to trade as per usual.

All the best though with this journal and I hope you prove me wrong :D

You've got to get the direction right, there's no doubt about that! :D I had that problem with TD.

Hey, nice thread. Like the idea of using pins with pivots, will pay close attention!