Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
order to short gold 1414 stop 1417.7

target 1410.7

chart
gold.gif

Yes, there was a pin on the FTSE this morning that I took, too. Slow going, though.

morning Splitlink, just wondering if you have a chart? and what kinda system you are trading?
please feel free to add trades
thanks

been slow going this morning folks

going to take +19 on ftse

+19 full points

if anyone is wondering why i took profit on ftse

besides very little volume, we came into a support area so we can expect a bounce, you need to beaware of these levels also and we nearly got a 1 to 1 risk reward

chart
ftse.gif

if anyone is wondering why i took profit on ftse

besides very little volume, we came into a support area so we can expect a bounce, you need to beaware of these levels also and we nearly got a 1 to 1 risk reward

chart
View attachment 106672

Yes, this is one of my problems. :( , I will hold on too long! I'm still holding that one because I won't be going into any more trades today. I won't lose on it, because of a stop.

No trade example

the eur/gbp is signalling a long entry but i would not take it

reasons:

1/Average Daily Range already well reached

2/ we are at R3, so no targets left

3/ when at R3 i am only looking for Reversal Trades, not continuation trades

No trade example

the eur/gbp is signalling a long entry but i would not take it

reasons:

1/Average Daily Range already well reached

2/ we are at R3, so no targets left

3/ when at R3 i am only looking for Reversal Trades, not continuation trades

sorry forgot the chart

eur/gbp
eurgbp.gif

Damn this oil trade came so close to an entry

the power of the pin
View attachment 106676

Good discipline though.

My biggest fault is getting stressed about having missed a move for whatever reason. Either cos the setup wasn't 100% or because I spotted it too late. Then jump in late.
Invariably costs me. Am slowly learning that if it's not perfect, better to wait it out.

I need to get learning pinbars again! Rarely look at candlestick patterns.

ok so we are getting into US market time now so no trading setups till 2pm let the market shake itself out, also i may not trade at all as its Options Expiration and Quadruple Witching in the US so can make for very strange price movements

anyway lets see what happens only the very best setups will do

Damn this oil trade came so close to an entry

the power of the pin
View attachment 106676
hey dude have you tried testing your system using structural pivots as opposed to pin bars?

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/07/pivots.asp

You'd have got an entry on oil but it did reverse ferociously short of even 1:1 target (coz of Libya ceasefire), which I think with todays climate of Libya/Japan/Bahrain it may be prudent not to do much as most markets (indices, fx, oil,gold) are susceptible to sudden spikes.

hey dude have you tried testing your system using structural pivots as opposed to pin bars?

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/trading/07/pivots.asp

You'd have got an entry on oil but it did reverse ferociously short of even 1:1 target (coz of Libya ceasefire), which I think with todays climate of Libya/Japan/Bahrain it may be prudent not to do much as most markets (indices, fx, oil,gold) are susceptible to sudden spikes.

no mate not tested it on structural pivots, i find my system works well with the pins and calculated pivots, i do look at support and resistence when taking trades and targets but i dont really want to get into that here as it might confuse people to much, trying to keep the system simple and see how we progress

I am going to call it a day here getting late on a friday afternoon cant see anything setting up

Today totals:

1 trade

+19 full points

WEEKLY TOTAL

+122 POINTS

been a good 3 days, i wont be trading most of the first half of next week due to work

enjoy the weekend

patrick

Good first week for the journal.
Enjoy the rugby tomorrow - not too much, of course ;)