Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up Pocrel.

I actually closed the trade just shy of 1.02000 for +29pts. Figured there'd be selling pressure there and hey we can't be greedy if we want to stay in this game. All credit and thanks to you of course for devising this system in the first place :D

Attachments

• pic.gif
    pic.gif
    21 KB · Views: 182
pocrel would u take a set up like this or you'd avoid as its buying just below or at a resistance cluster?

Attachments

• Spot FX AUD_CAD (24-MAR-11).png
    Spot FX AUD_CAD (24-MAR-11).png
    24.3 KB · Views: 237
pocrel would u take a set up like this or you'd avoid as its buying just below or at a resistance cluster?

Looks ok to me DDi

i would take it but as we are making new highs i would look left and see were it might stall
9967 looks like the area, so you would have to judge the risk/reward to there

with this setup you might get a false breakout and a reversal, something i was thinking was going to happen on the aud/usd but it did nt

if you could get 1 to 1 on it before that previous high then you could take it but there are better setups than that

Had a few requests for those indicators so here they are. Please note I did not design or create these indicators they are just ones I have found so don't give me the credit for them!

The pivot point indicator plots pivots points for each individual day and not just the current day. The pin bar indicator gives you up or down arrows when a pin occurs and also gives you an alert for whichever time frame you are using.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• indicators.gif
    indicators.gif
    23.1 KB · Views: 273
  • PivotP Daily.mq4
    3.6 KB · Views: 306
  • PinBar.mq4
    31.5 KB · Views: 303
morning all, charts are ready and i am looking for setups
lets hope we have a profitable day :)

morning all, charts are ready and i am looking for setups
lets hope we have a profitable day :)

It's a great thread you got going here, continued G/L with it. I was interested to see yesterday that you will take the set-ups anywhere ie in middle of a move not just at a potential fractal swing hi or lo.

It's a great thread you got going here, continued G/L with it. I was interested to see yesterday that you will take the set-ups anywhere ie in middle of a move not just at a potential fractal swing hi or lo.

thanks bbmac

yes the system is not just looking for tops and bottom its looking for continuation of the trend either with a pullback or a breakout from a consolidation area

great example here this morning that i was temped to take on usdjpy wish i had

chart
jpy.gif