Pin Bar System

Should Pocrel trade the "pin bar system" live again

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
trade alert

short audusd

chart
aud.gif

I've shorted Footsie at 5905.5 from a pin passing R1 5919.

Actually, I made a few points going up this morning and took profits. Made a cup of tea and saw this.

Hope you agree with it!

Attachments

• Dibujo.bmp
    1.6 MB · Views: 232
Last edited:
I'm there too.
I usually go off breakouts from hourly bars (which suits due to work) but when have time to check regularly enough, this works well. Seem to be plenty of opportunities throughout the day.
G L

Hi,

Is that a pin though?

It doesn't stand out from the crowd, the tail doesn't go below the previous bar.

I am confused.

it is a pin i dont just trade them in the same old way of them sticking out a mile on the chart

they can be in congestion to for entry

I've shorted Footsie at 5905.5 from a pin passing R1 5919.

Actually, I made a few points going up this morning and took profits. Made a cup of tea and saw this.

Hope you agree with it!

yes slpitlink that is the the pin i took entry off well done and lets hope we get some pips (y)

I stuck a chart on my last post afterwards. I like the nasty look of this one! It has a bearish appearance and, since I made 15 points on an earlier trade, I'm prepared to widen my stop loss distance more than normal. Fingers crossed, it may never happen!

Pocrel; you 95% of the time exit early, much before intended target, what are you using for these early exits?

Pocrel; you 95% of the time exit early, much before intended target, what are you using for these early exits?

i sometimes manually close the position, i think trading for a live audience is making me do this so i will have to knock it on the head and stick to the rules

but its not as easy as it looks

i sometimes manually close the position, i think trading for a live audience is making me do this so i will have to knock it on the head and stick to the rules

but its not as easy as it looks

Agree, but don't beat yourself up ..You are doing fine, ...and you are not alone , leaving pips on the table is my worst habit too...Agree that a live audience adds to the dynamic and can cause you to veer away from rules set. Just gotta keep workinng on gettings more pips from good entries.

Continued G/L

Interesting thread. Would you take this pin on oil to go short if the the current 30 minute closes around where it is or lower? (My charts delayed by 15 mins.)

Did this fall in your entry criteria for the system?

Attachments

• Picture 32.png
    Picture 32.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Agree, but don't beat yourself up ..You are doing fine, ...and you are not alone , leaving pips on the table is my worst habit too...Agree that a live audience adds to the dynamic and can cause you to veer away from rules set. Just gotta keep workinng on gettings more pips from good entries.

Continued G/L

Totally agree with you. Trading infront of a live audience is extremely difficult. Don't let it interfere with your P&L. People have got a feel for your strategy now and have seen it working (albeit for a short time). So just do your thing.

I found the same thing in my live room. You get in a trade and often end up thinking: "if X happens, what will everyone think" and can end up acting based on what you think, they will think, is the best thing to do. And not on what your experience tells you is the best thing to do.

Saw a fantastic example of this the other day on the "One Trade a Week" thread. All the traders are posting setups. It started off almost like a competition and somewhere along the line it almost became like a group trying to outperform the wider market. One of the posters went long Cable and someone suggested he exit at breakeven so that the group get a good result! Incidentally, no disrespect to the thread starter - just don't think it's conducive to good trading to worry about everyone else that is watching...

Last edited: