Best Thread Phil Newton's Range Break Out strategy

slim pickings today
Overnight ranges on GBPJPY EURJPY CADCHF USDCHF AUDCHF

Larger ranges on GBPCHF (240/60 min) EURUSD LARGE 240 Min Range

have a good days trading folks

May 19th Watch list

GM folks some good looking patterns setting up this morning.

CADCHF GBPJPY EURJPY AUDUSD CADJPY EURUSD USDCHF

Enjoy

may 19th trades

had a few hit and misses today

two attempts to get onto cadchf and the other trade that worked out well was cadjpy, similar looking trades.

may-19-08-cadchf-BOs.gif

The trades that didnt work out so well were EURJPY and still remains bogged down as I type and a first attempt on cadchf and audusd

fri 23 may

I presume the overnight consolidations in eur/usd, gbp/usd and usd/jpy are on the watchlist this morning....

hi there, not had time to update this thread recently, just too much going on at the moment.. I'll try and keep it up and running when things settle down a little for me.

GBPUSD and USDJPY are pairs I dont trade at the moment too choppy based on my clean chart messy chart analysis

stop losses

Hi again.

I understand the psychological need to close 2/3 of the trade at breakeven but how often do you get stopped out completely for the full amount?

I am trialling a simple trailing stop loss instead. I wonder how would performance differ? :sneaky:

YOUTUBE video - trade set ups 22nd July

Hi Folks,

Not posted here for a while for lots of different reasons I do get bored of the emails sent to me that comment on how much of a (insert expletive of your choice here) I am :mad:, and for my sins I come back to punish myself time and time again

Not figured out how to post the video here yet... help files dont seem to help full... all you need is on youtube any ways.

FREE You Tube Vidoe's

Make use of it what you will

Enjoy

Phil

Short EUR/JPY today?

EJ not hit my short trigger yet... but looking good for a sell of... for the moment...

Price still range bound within yesterdays high low range so just waiting for the moment... waiting for a lot of things to trigger at the moment...

only currrent live trade I have at the moemnt is L GBPUSD

...time for a spot of lunch, thanks for the welcome back...

Thanks for the welcome back
If I get any idiots this time I'll sent them all over

today is like a yo yo multiple BO attempts across the pairs... looks like something might actually trigger and hold.

GJ - yeh Thats the level I was looking at but as you can see now that has completely turned around again.. seems to be a theme running with these moves today

interesting day today folks euro was by far the weirdest price action ive seen in a long time...

Long BO , the short BO, then another short BO, then a long BO... all didnt trigger. Then finally a short trigger the filled.

Stopped out of my earier gbp long for a brwak even trade.
currently short gbp and euro, long jpy and chf.
didnt take gbpchf BO due to time of day... Oh! hindsight :rolleyes:

will sort a video out later for today

Enjoy
Phil

EURJPY the classic squeeze play last 24h. Now the pain move would be back down, so I bet it fails to crack this barrier at 170.00 currently being defended, and closes 169.20 ish

Indeed, looking for a long entry above 170 as well...

couple of nice early moves today gbpchf could be a good runner today...

Lets just hope that these pairs dont start chopping about again... I could do without sitting around for several hours wwaiting for a small scale out again.

yo yo action again on EJ... suspect we could see some sideways action on this pair today in the short term.

Yesterdays trades still running nicely rolled over to day wich is a nice added bonus.

Hope your all doing well in FX land today

Forex Set ups 23 July '08 - update

Hi Folks,

In this video we take a look back at some of the trade set ups that I identified first thing this morning. What we are seeing is the Asian Break Out set up in action.

In today FX street presentation we took a look at one or two of these in real time as well... GBPUSD was one of those trades that we looked at which had triggered during the presentation, now you can see the end result along with the other trades that we didn't have time to discuss.

This is a pattern that develops regularly during the overnight session, what is good to see at the moment is that we are finally seeing some good follow through on these break out moves with some nice clean price action. Compare that to the last few weeks where we have seen some really sloppy price action, many false break and lack of follow through on the moves

...lets hope we can see normal service resumed back in forex land

Enjoy

Phil

its just been uploaded... looks like Youtube taking its time to process the video... should be ok in a few moments

of course there will be time when the pattern stops me out...

for example been stopped out on euro's break out set up so far today

June was a dog of a month to trade as well

But hey thats trading an no business I know doesnt have time when they dont make a profit.

What is the key to any strategy is a consistant and methodical approach to your trading and to treat it like a business, most people fail as they dont cover these two points