Best Thread Phil Newton's Range Break Out strategy

Can't you see the irony here? You want a detailed reply and the strategy is called Snatch. Tell me you havnt dropped some money on a strategy called snatch? You do know the slang meaning of snatch? What's the next strategy triple flange, double poontang? Tell me you at least did ask for a statement?

Really this is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard on tarde2win

I knew you would not address the accusations that you have made in detail because you simply cant.
Even if phil is the biggest scammer ever to post on t2w you still can not justify all your crap with actual FACTS!
I ask for details to back up your BS and all you can do is go straight off the subject about 'snatch'... you know the name of the strategy has nothing atall to do with what you have been saying.
You are a joke!

soooo... after reading all of that, im still non the wiser on if phil is actually any good and if it is worth reading up on his new strat????

soooo... after reading all of that, im still non the wiser on if phil is actually any good and if it is worth reading up on his new strat????

You would be better getting the answer yourself mate, learn his strategy which is not standard technical analysis, you can join his room and trade alongside phil for a few months if thats possible. Then you will know for sure.
The problem on here is even if phil is successful and some of his room members are making good profits you will always get people criticising him, calling him a scammer etc so you will have conflicting opinions im afraid....
If you want to know anything just contact phil direct and ask him.

You would be better getting the answer yourself mate, learn his strategy which is not standard technical analysis, you can join his room and trade alongside phil for a few months if thats possible. Then you will know for sure.
The problem on here is even if phil is successful and some of his room members are making good profits you will always get people criticising him, calling him a scammer etc so you will have conflicting opinions im afraid....

I agree with what you and The Bramble have posted, too. There are an awful lot of losers who will put the blame on anything except themselves. Along with vendors can be included spreadbetting firms, who get a lot of stick, too.

With the spreadbetting firm that I use, when something goes wrong with a trade, it gets a postmortem on what went wrong. It's, almost always, me who should not have entered when I did. There are those who swear by trading with a broker. I can say, without mentioning names, that there is one, probably one of the best known here, who may have an excellent trading platform but whose method of navigating its website is infernally difficult. Even when asking for help on the Berlin number there is an obligation to hang up, try again and, when it does not accept whatever it is, going back to the number, trying again. It's a game, I tell you and this is one of the most reputable of vendors.

Caveat lector or caveat emptor and be fair. Whose fault is it? If you do not have experience with the particular vendor you should have no say in the matter.

Last edited:

where is this new strat. Quite a few have said good things about his room and at £30 a go which I think it is. It may offer a lot more than most. What I don't enjoy seeing is a so called successful mentor come out with a new strategy, what does that say about what they were teaching before. Feel free to correct me as ive probably butted in on the thread and my facts may be wrong

I've met him some time ago while he was presenting one of his strategies. My impression is that he does a lot of research and is most likely a genuine trader. I've never attended/subscribed to live trading thing and couldn't comment on it.

PS I've never applied that strategy and couldn't comment on it either. At that time he generously explained it without charging the audience.

im actually contemplating that... might get in touch with him and take it from there...

where is this new strat. Quite a few have said good things about his room and at £30 a go which I think it is. It may offer a lot more than most. What I don't enjoy seeing is a so called successful mentor come out with a new strategy, what does that say about what they were teaching before. Feel free to correct me as ive probably butted in on the thread and my facts may be wrong

to be able to gain access to his website is £30, but to gain access to his live room is £145 a month.

I agree with what you and The Bramble have posted, too. There are an awful lot of losers who will put the blame on anything except themselves. Along with vendors can be included spreadbetting firms, who get a lot of stick, too.

With the spreadbetting firm that I use, when something goes wrong with a trade, it gets a postmortem on what went wrong. It's, almost always, me who should not have entered when I did. There are those who swear by trading with a broker. I can say, without mentioning names, that there is one, probably one of the best known here, who may have an excellent trading platform but whose method of navigating its website is infernally difficult. Even when asking for help on the Berlin number there is an obligation to hang up, try again and, when it does not accept whatever it is, going back to the number, trying again. It's a game, I tell you and this is one of the most reputable of vendors.

Caveat lector or caveat emptor and be fair. Whose fault is it? If you do not have experience with the particular vendor you should have no say in the matter.

Good advice(y)

I agree it is a trait of consistent losers to look for someone/something to blame however I also do believe there is a plethora of unscrupulous vendors out there. Amongst the obvious fraudsters there is also a smarter breed who specifically design their teaching and methods so it cannot be easily determined if they 'work' or not. These methods are easy to spot with the trained eye. There is big money in vendoring.

When you hear some of the claims that some of the smarter vendors make such as '90% of my students are profitable' or 'telephone number pip scores per month' they dont even pass a simple smell test.

The simple summary is that if a vendor did have a real quantifiable genuine edge they would be sitting there spanking the hell out of it NOT signing people up to shi77ty monthly subscriptions.

To a certain degree humans are easily led and unfortunately some people choose to make a living from this. Whether you call it marketing or outright fraud it is what it is. ho hum.

Hey Folks,

I have been trading forex for a while but it was a disaster for my bankroll. I seem not to understand some basic lines, I must admit I do not see how to do better on my own. I would appreciate some good hints from better guys how to move forward. Here I post a picture of my last trade that went wrong. I can not decide wheter my concept was wrong or it was just a loosing trade with the right setup.
Setup: I think the price moved range bound, I have waited for a false break, then for the pullback, set my SL at to bottom of the pullback after I entered the trade, when price broke the previous high. Thank you for any thoughts in advance.

Attachments

• a loosing trade.png
    a loosing trade.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 218
Hey Folks,

I have been trading forex for a while but it was a disaster for my bankroll. I seem not to understand some basic lines, I must admit I do not see how to do better on my own. I would appreciate some good hints from better guys how to move forward. Here I post a picture of my last trade that went wrong. I can not decide wheter my concept was wrong or it was just a loosing trade with the right setup.
Setup: I think the price moved range bound, I have waited for a false break, then for the pullback, set my SL at to bottom of the pullback after I entered the trade, when price broke the previous high. Thank you for any thoughts in advance.

My sympathies. The market is waiting to take out well known trading procedures. With yours, it has reversed to take out the stops of which there were many---not just yours. I believe that a better stage for entering is the pullback after the breakout from a range, when the trader is more certain that the market is trending. Your tactic would remain the same but the entering spot is a secondary range where the market is taking orofits and a breather before coninuing--not a range where the market is deciding which way to go.

I'm not the world's best trader, either. Neither do I trade forex a lot There is a stack of better advice available on this site.

Thank you Splitlink for your kindness to share your opinion with me. I will stick to the plan "taughed" by Phil himself via his vids, I try to get the taste of his reasonable readings. I really think I am weak in defining the range bounds, however I understand now the importance of the high/low of the day before. After watching tons of his vids the importance of the range boundaries realitve to the highs/lows of the day before is getting slowly clearer. Your reply turnded my attention toward that fact, I really appreciate it.
I will post a new picture. I would like so see comments whether I can apply the range break out trading here or am I only using a good setup on a wrong place.

Attachments

• new one.png
    new one.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 265
Well, maybe I have posted too early, because I have found some answers in the vids and other forum stuff. I need more flexibility, I have seen Phil loose on some good looking setups, he said, 'okay, lets move the boundaries and wait for the next occasion". I will practice it a lot in these days and I will post my experinces. Any ideas/suggestions/opinions are still highly appreciated.

Well, maybe I have posted too early, because I have found some answers in the vids and other forum stuff. I need more flexibility, I have seen Phil loose on some good looking setups, he said, 'okay, lets move the boundaries and wait for the next occasion". I will practice it a lot in these days and I will post my experinces. Any ideas/suggestions/opinions are still highly appreciated.

This thread is not as popular, now, as it used to be. You'll need to try new ones. You'll soon find interest in your charts. There is nothing to be lost in starting a new thread, yourself, for that matter.

This thread is not as popular, now, as it used to be. You'll need to try new ones. You'll soon find interest in your charts. There is nothing to be lost in starting a new thread, yourself, for that matter.

Thank you again for your reply, I will try with a new thread created on my own. I do not want to be a parasite here but I can not better at the moment. I have tried to get over the hurdles alone long enough, with screenworks from others, I have learnt a lot but presumably not enough. I wish I could help others but I obviously can not. That is the only motivation beeing a parasite now and unfolding after into something more. Sounds pathetic. :)

Thank you again for your reply, I will try with a new thread created on my own. I do not want to be a parasite here but I can not better at the moment. I have tried to get over the hurdles alone long enough, with screenworks from others, I have learnt a lot but presumably not enough. I wish I could help others but I obviously can not. That is the only motivation beeing a parasite now and unfolding after into something more. Sounds pathetic. :)

You do not seem like a parasite to me. Nice, clear, charts. People like to see those. You'll get interest. Just be patient.

I'm generally skeptical too, but I don't think what you've mentioned about a new strategy is a problem. I'm not trading exactly the same way as I was last year, or the year before, or the year before that, and I don't expect to be trading exactly the same next year. Sometimes it's just tweaking, sometimes a major change. The fundamentals of the approach and the understanding don't change much though.

I'm generally skeptical too, but I don't think what you've mentioned about a new strategy is a problem. I'm not trading exactly the same way as I was last year, or the year before, or the year before that, and I don't expect to be trading exactly the same next year. Sometimes it's just tweaking, sometimes a major change. The fundamentals of the approach and the understanding don't change much though.

sure but your not selling anything. Have a look at Mr Newtons site,all has recently been revealed about his true colours

sure but your not selling anything. Have a look at Mr Newtons site,all has recently been revealed about his true colours

Just the man I was thinking of, along with WP.

There is a newcomer, a few posts up, with whom I have been chatting, called breather. He seems to be a pleasant sort and needs help on forex. He's put a couple of charts up and would like criticism from people like you. Maybe you can help him.